Current Page: 6 of 24
Sedona Method and Release Technique
Posted by: mindconcern ()
Date: April 20, 2007 09:20AM

Wow, if that's not the best endorsement I've ever heard! I would gladly 2D my personality for all the sex I want in loving connected relationships. How exactly did you transform the release technique into sex?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: disconnect ()
Date: April 23, 2007 03:54AM

mindconcern
Wow, if that's not the best endorsement I've ever heard! I would gladly 2D my personality for all the sex I want in loving connected relationships. How exactly did you transform the release technique into sex?

I would love to answer you. However, for obvious reasons regarding dealing with people who are in cults, this site does not allow private messages for users with less than 10 posts. If you are interested in speaking further, my AIM is tmagwitch (and so is my email at yahoo.com)

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 23, 2007 07:39AM

You can include email contact through your profile and people could contact you directly.

Date: April 23, 2007 02:10PM

Well, this forum is for the discussion of whether the method is beneficial or ridiculous, so it would be beneficial for everyone to hear about it.

Posted by: opentoit ()
Date: April 29, 2007 10:33AM

Gulab Jamon
question lady
he would need to check with Larry to see if it would be okay for me to use the materials or if I would need to buy my own. I was shocked. (My husband is a fairly wealthy man, while I am a struggling working woman.)

Hi this is my first post i hope im not erasing someone elses writing in this box. I just wanted to mention that Larry Crane is of the release technique or abundance course and not the sedona method. I just recieved this course and am already skeptical as I keep recieving all sorts of marketing emails for other classes and audios etc. Having said that and I have not completed the course I completely agree with what was said above re dissasociation one´s feelings must not be jumped over but move through. There is a work bood that has come with these cd´s there is a lot of info in the workbook about emotional intelligence the necessity of knowing one´s emotions and working through them in order to manage them an example of that is anger management not just wishing it away.

Either way I can not give an opinion as I have not really delved into it, perhaps AFTER therapy something like this could be used as a tool. I will post here as to my experience when I have worked through the course.

All the best and if I may it does not seem right that any person like this Larry guy should have such influence over another person his life or his relationship with his wife. I do not doubt that for Larry Crane the bottom line the middle line and the top line is money money money. As I said I just recieved the material and now all of a sudden there are a bunch of OTHER tapes that will enhance hmmm the course

All the best to you

Posted by: opentoit ()
Date: April 29, 2007 11:02AM

Gulab Jamon
The Anticult
Everything else aside, this Sedona business of ignoring one's emotions is just idiotic, and does not work.

There was no talk of "ignoring one's emotions" in the Sedona workshop I attended. On the contrary: the whole releasing technique is about addressing emotions you are having, welcoming them, and allowing them to leave.

can someone tell me how to post i tried to post about larry crane he is not sedona but release technique sedona method is another guy but i cant post i think i erases someone else´s writing so im just adding here to see if this works

sorry

Date: May 04, 2007 11:31AM

I've listened to a couple of the Release technique CDs now, and I've found the hypnosis element. I'm going to change the words a bit so as not to create any 'copyright' issues.

The CDs begin by talking about [b:02ca555f5b]a particular negative emotion[/b:02ca555f5b]. Negative emotions hold you back from positive ones, fine. Some various chatting about metaphors and how negative emotions are anchors that hold you where you are. That's all well and good.

But then there's repetitive phrase. In fact half the CDs are 'and could you {cast that off} some more? and a little more? and even more... and is there some more {negative emotion} bring it into your conscious mind, you own this {negative feeling} and it doesn't want to {remain inside your body} and you don't want it to either, so could you {cast it from your mind and body} Okay, all that's well and good, too.

He has a [b:02ca555f5b]nice gentle new yorker voice almost like a goodfella[/b:02ca555f5b], but he's saying nice things so it has some air of authority, and positivity. This is all fine too.

However, [b:02ca555f5b]at the end of every CD[/b:02ca555f5b]- and I'm going to change the words and grammar a bit here- he equates {Desire} with {not-having/negative} feelings. So, whatever you desire means you don't have enough of what you desire, and therefor you are lowering your self esteem and increasing your negative thoughts by Desiring. This isn't good because this statement is left open-ended with no qualifiers. In balanced measures, the idea is true, but he makes no statement of that nature.

If you've been [b:02ca555f5b]entranced by the repetetive phrases[/b:02ca555f5b] in the bulk of the CD, then your mind is going to be more malleable to eliminating any feelings of {Desire}. Bad enough right?

There's more:
Now he's going to take his all [b:02ca555f5b]desire is bad concept[/b:02ca555f5b], and apply it to the following self defense mechanisms: 1{support/consent/endorsement} presumably from peers
2{protection/shelter} and
3{defense/certainty}.
He says to pay attention to when you get a bad thought, and decide whether the bad thought is desire for support, desire for protection, or desire for certainty.
Now remember, he gives ZERO qualifiers or hints that these need to be balanced desires, they need to be RELEASED altogether... the thoughts need to be stopped shortly after they begin.

So, what does [b:02ca555f5b]the Company benefit[/b:02ca555f5b] if you don't have these feelings? Well, the same as every LGAT:
1. When you don't care about the support and consent and endorsement of others, then you won't care about anyone's reaction to the changes in your behavior.
2. You can imagine the problems with not caring about protection and shelter.
3. If you don't care about defense or certainty, then you will have your guard down all the time, especially during seminars or while listening to the tapes.

Then at the end, for the still critical, there is the [b:02ca555f5b]additional hook[/b:02ca555f5b] about, if you follow this to the T, then you can become a millionaire, you can cure all your diseases, and you can live a stress-free life. Keep in mind that when Lester came up with this, it was HIS ONLY SOURCE OF INCOME. Also, he died of cancer at a natural age to die. These events are of course supported by spirituality, because he has gone to his afterlife, and the money was a reward from buddha, (or whatever creator is fashionable at the time of his death.)

I'm going to throw out a few [b:02ca555f5b]random words[/b:02ca555f5b] here in no particular order, and they are not to be construed as relating to anything. Approval, Safety, Security. Wanting or lack. Those were words randomly chosen out of the dictionary, and have nothing to do with anything. Do not try to apply them to bracketed phrases under any circumstances. This paragraph has been irrespective and unconnected with anything, in fact they don't even have to do with this subject and I must be temporarily insane to have even come up with this paragraph.

[b:02ca555f5b]Back to reality:[/b:02ca555f5b]
It seems to be just another trancey thing meant to promote malleability and non-materialism (willingness to give up resources). In contrast, they wouldn't dare lower the price of the seminars or materials. But don't YOU have concern about money!

[b:02ca555f5b]My qualifier for this whole rant is the following factual information:[/b:02ca555f5b]
Not everyone is suggestable or hypnotizable. There is only a certain, less than 1 in 3 probability that any one individual is even able to be completely hypnotized or their behavior transformed. Many of the people who claim to benefit from these are people who do have a natural critical thinking balance to everything, and don't need the additional qualifier. It is my hunch that the CDs and the seminars are left as open-ended and qualifier-free as possible in order to snare the gullible. The ones who do benefit are the same hits and misses like those of Gohn Nedwards or any other con or magician.

[b:02ca555f5b]All of this is solely my opinion, and is not to be considered fact, or without your own critical thought.[/b:02ca555f5b]

Posted by: disconnect ()
Date: May 08, 2007 12:55AM

mindconcern
How exactly did you transform the release technique into sex?

With the Sedona Method I am able to release myself from wanting a woman's approval, and wanting to control her. She knows I want her, I know I want her, and if we get together then that's great! if not, then it's her loss... but it is my loss too. But the biggest gain in this area of my life is not to be field dependent - sex and relationships are no longer the sole motivator in my life. I finally have a life outside of picking up women. What is that? I like to hang out with my friends and do stuff, but be releasing all the while on whatever comes up. Work is fun now. Everything in my daily life is amazing because it is another opportunity to dig deeper into my psyche and consciously remove limiting thoughts.

And the real kicker that I realized after posting my first message here is that it isn't the sedona method itself that does any of this. It's just a tool. It is I. But I don't think I would come this far in so short a time without the sedona method.

Thanks for the question, mindconcern. I think that is really useful. When I first started reading this discussion thread, I was pretty miffed that I noticed myself doubting the Sedona Method. I thought the posters were a bunch of self rightous jerks, and I was going to post something really mean. But then I realized that I myself am a self rightous jerk for wanting to post something really mean, and it became clear to me that we all want the same thing - to make sure people don't get stuck in crackpot cults with false leaders and all that. So again, I respect the work undertaken here. I also have personally verified the effectiveness of the Sedona Method in my life, so at this point wether it is placebo or not doesn't really matter to me at all.

Summary: Sedona method is a useful tool for those already willing to let go of attachments and experience happiness. It may be worthwile even for skeptics, granted we experience the method directly and with specific goals in mind.

Posted by: question lady ()
Date: May 09, 2007 01:22AM

Dear disconnect,

I appreciate your reply civil. I am also glad that your sex life has improved. I would say that it seems obvious that being needy or desperate for sex is a turn off. I don't think Lester Levenson discovered that.

One thing that bothers me about "releasing" is that just as the "thought stopping cliche" restricts a person's range of thought, it seems that the insistence that [i:356a9f0a23]all[/i:356a9f0a23] feelings come from wanting control, security or approval, restricts a person's range of emotional awareness.

I don't think all feelings do fit neatly into one of those boxes. So I am wondering, were you really wanting to control a woman? Were you really wanting her approval? Or were you just wanting sex? I mean, sometimes a person just wants sex. Would it have been enough if women just approved of you, but didn't have sex with you?

You said that you were pretty miffed when you noticed yourself doubting the Sedona Method? That makes me wonder whether something in the method has taught you that doubt is bad.

I have read the Sedona Method book, but it is the Larry Crane version of the Release Technique that my husband got involved with so there may be some differences. I was struck by your user name - "disconnect". I'm not sure what that means to you, but "disconnected" is exactly how my husband seems when he is "releasing". He seems disconnected from himself and others and reality. It looks like it feels good, but it doesn't seem healthy to me.

I hope I'm not coming across like a self-righteous jerk. I do appreciate your contribution and I hope that you can hear my concern for you and others.

Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: May 09, 2007 03:41AM

question lady
I don't think all feelings do fit neatly into one of those boxes. So I am wondering, were you really wanting to control a woman? Were you really wanting her approval? Or were you just wanting sex? I mean, sometimes a person just wants sex. Would it have been enough if women just approved of you, but didn't have sex with you?

Lgats are so twisted. On the one hand you're "taught" empowerment (omnipotence) and on the other hand you're "taught" to pick yourself apart, in the name of "self-awareness". This thing of "analyzing" your motives always comes out to be against yourself. Your motives are always less than admirable, and if they're anything human, you have erred again. Just can't get it right, in an lgat. Always striving for the impossible, finding fault with yourself on your way down. What a journey!

What wonders lgats are. They truly teach insanity.

Current Page: 6 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.