Re: My husband lost his job b/c he would not do the LANDMARK FORUM
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 23, 2008 12:19AM

To Makeup:

Keep your day job. Stay employable.

Protect your health and sanity. Do as John suggested and make sure you
eat even if you dont feel like it. This is going to sound silly but make sure you're drinking enough water. If we get sllightly dehydrated this speeds up heart rate. This, on top of stress can aggravate stress related rapid heart rate and make it harder to calm down and remain calm.

Safeguard your own sleep--if you run short on sleep due to stress, thoughts and emotions go haywire, even in otherwise healthy people. If necessary, consult your doctor on this.

Protect your finances....and your credit. Talk to the advisor/customer services agent at your bank. You are not the only one.

Re: My husband lost his job b/c he would not do the LANDMARK FORUM
Posted by: Makeup ()
Date: September 24, 2008 01:15PM

Hey Guys

I just wanted to let you know that I replied on the board last night but for some reason it is not showing up. Things have changed since that last post but I really wish that I didn't lose it. Things are much better since my husband came home. He didn't go tonight to the extension of the 3 day weekend thing. I told him I was not going so he said that he didn't have a reason to go back since I was not going. Each day is getting better since he got home. It is really hard for me knowing that he has to go to work everyday with the one that persuaded him to go. My husband told his boss today that he was not going tonight because he didn't need to go & that he didn't have anyone to take with him anyways. His boss offered to go with him & he said that is ok he wasn't going to go. My husband said that his boss was cool with him not going, but I don't trust it. I have to really watch my words because I have a tendacy to go on & on about something. Kind of like beating a dead horse & I told my husband that I could not help it because when I quit harping about it in the first place that is when he came home & said he was going to the 3 day weekend thing. Too be honest I think that he thought he was going to have a get away weekend with the guys and it didn't turn out that way because all of the other guys didn't end up going for one reason or another. I guess they are going this weekend. That concerns me because if one of them get sucked in and come back praising it I am afraid that my husband will be vunerable to it again. I don't ever want to go thru what I went thru this weekend again. I told him this was worse than when my mother died. Atleast I knew she went to a better place & was not in pain from cancer anymore. It was the most terrifying thing I have ever dealt with watching someone you love getting sucked into a cult & brainwashed in just hours. Every break that he called me was getting sucked in more & more. I wish I didn't lose that other post I am too tired right now to write all that went on when he first got home. I am pretty sure that it is lost on my computer some place. If anyone knows how to find lost stuff on PC could you please let me know how to find it. It was real long & I can't even remember everything I had on there. All I know now is that I had my prayers answered & he said that he was not going back. I just wish he would find a different job! I really think that he believes his boss that he will not have to work in the field doing installing which he has been doing for 20 years & is just getting tired and too old to do that kind of hard labor everyday in 100 degree weather. I am praying everyday that God gives him direction & to be wise to his bosses con jobs. That is all I can do right now is have faith because I know now that I can not control my husband or his choices! It really bothers me that he made that choice knowing that I was dead set against it & disrespected that fact. It pisses me off royally but it is over and done with now but I will be on guard until I can trust him again in that sense. I want to thank everyone for the kind & wise words. If I didn't have this site the last couple of days I would of surely gone nuts! I have got to get back to sleep. I fell asleep as soon as I got home from work & sleep for 5 hours. I must of been exhausted...I am surely gonna toss and turn the rest of the night.
Thanks again everyone.....I am truely amazed that total strangers have helped me so much in this time of desperate need. I am so grateful for all of you guys!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.