Message board has passed 50,000 posts
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 20, 2008 12:16AM

The Ross Institute message board has now passed 50,000 posts.

Not bad considering the ongoing threats of lawsuits, a failed lawsuit filed by Landmark Education and the seemingly endless DDOS attacks for over a year perpetrated by Searcy, Arkansas resident and crank Bruce Raisley ( see [www.culteducation.com] ) through his former "botnet" of "zombie computers," principally located in Eastern Europe.

With help from dedicated attorneys such as Peter Skolnik and Michael Norwick at Lowenstein Sandler, Douglas Brooks, Robert Rivas, Thomas Gleason, and both Harvard University's Berkman Center and Public Citizen of Washington DC as helpful resources, the Ross Institute has survived every legal challenge posed by a list of would-be Internet censors, which attempted to dictate its content.

And with the help of Croatian Internet security experts, a dedicated system administrator and ISP in Sweden, the good work of the FBI and US District Attorney in Newark NJ, this message board survived and stopped Mr. Raisley's onslaught of DDOS attacks.

Though "trolls" have come and go and no doubt will continue to be an ongoing nuisance, earnest participants here have shown again and again a willingness to endure them and move on in an effort to benefit others.

It's been a great six years and counting since this board was launched.

Thanks everyone for sharing to make this board a meaningful resource for research, so that others can benefit from your knowledge and experience.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2008 01:52AM by rrmoderator.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Message board has passed 50,000 posts
Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: September 03, 2008 11:53AM

Hey Rick,

50,000 posts is a lot of typing, you know! :-)

(ducking)

John

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: September 03, 2008 09:57PM

Oh, and Rick .... just noticed that you have a fan out there.

See here for her rather complimentary writings.

John :-P

Posted by: caligari ()
Date: September 04, 2008 03:33AM

And you're a celebrity, [flickr.com]

Oh, maybe different Rick Ross, [music.aol.com]

;)

Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: September 04, 2008 05:54AM

I feel like a direct beneficiary of all of these resources I have not payed for (other than my involvement with an LGAT). My gratitude is profound.

Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: September 04, 2008 06:45PM

exImpact
I feel like a direct beneficiary of all of these resources I have not payed for (other than my involvement with an LGAT). My gratitude is profound.

What exImpact said.

Posted by: pauker ()
Date: September 04, 2008 11:49PM

This site has been a huge source of learning and healing for me. A number of us here have been in 'Recovery from LGAT Mode' for years; and from Rick's efforts we have a place to come together for support and maybe even speed up that healing process along the way. Words can't really express my thanks enough.

Posted by: yutolia ()
Date: September 09, 2008 02:56AM

I love your site. It's been so beneficial. I seriously felt like I was the only person who felt the way I did about Landmark - I also had no idea there were so many incarnations of it! Anyway, thanks for all your hard work!

~Y

Posted by: nettie ()
Date: September 14, 2008 10:49PM

I salute you RR for your fearless battle!

Thanks a bunch!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.