Cruxpoint - what is their reputation in the LGAT world
Posted by: Zulan ()
Date: August 19, 2008 10:19AM

I notice the Cruxpoint has as CEO Gary Koyen, who is a noted Lifespring graduate.

I make this observation because I just attended a mandatory 4 day "training" seminar with 70 or so other people run by Cruxpoint. I approached this seminar with an open mind as my company has been struggling with morale as of late, and I could see why we would engage a training team to address this. I had no idea who these people were or what they do, just that I was going to be in training for the next four days. This training is being applied to everyone in my division, and is entirely mandatory, no excuses.

I am a middle aged, gainfully employed my entire life, raised a family, married for 20+ years, own a home. Not wildly successful, but very content. It has never been my intention to be wildly successful. I believe you sacrifice too much of yourself and your family to achieve that.

So I attended. And I was criticized for “failing” the company (as we all were), that we did not understand commitment, that we used the language of no-power and lo-power. We were compelled to address how we were responsible when someone did something negative to us, played red and black… etc etc. The last day was building us up. The division head of our company was telling us how we had to change our attitude or expect bad things to happen. We were played pretty hard.

That weekend I could not sleep on Saturday night. Not a wink. I felt confused and hurt and I did not understand why.

I think I need some perspective, and I am asking for thoughts/advice. Whatever you feel like contributing to the conversation. I may be overreacting, but something in my gut tells me this is wrong. I actually hope I am overreacting, as I have had this job for quite some time, and would hate to leave it.

So I dig in and do some research and find these exercises I took are common tools for a number of unscrupulous organizations. Do honest people use these? Could I just have been over exposed without warning to an intense training program? Could I have been this unsettled by mere LGAT training? (By the way, I just learned what LGAT training was this weekend).

Does anyone else have negative experiences with Cruxopint (they used to be called Meridian).

I think I need some advice. I am seeing a councilor this Wednesday because this unsettled feeling just will not go away.

Thanks very much in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cruxpoint - what is their reputation in the LGAT world
Posted by: pauker ()
Date: August 20, 2008 02:52AM

I'll bet anyone $100 bucks that if your Division Leader tries to implement a lot of your LGAT's "technology" into the everyday goings-on of your Division, that person will fail and be ultimately replaced by a superior that remains unpolluted by Cruxpoint. But in the interim, expect those folks in your division who bought into Cruxpoint to take any power jockeying to new and more devious levels. AND you'll start to hear that giant sucking sound get louder.

Hang in there, watch your back at work FROM MULTIPLE ANGLES, NOW -- and monitor your sleep patterns at home. These LGATs tend to trigger hypo-mania in people -- and full blown mania in some folks who were already hypo-manic.

Date: August 20, 2008 03:51AM

Thanks for the response!

Actually I am home from work today because I coud not sleep last night. I am going to watch the sleep patterns. Maybe a glass of wine and hit the bed with a technical manual. that would put a pumped up caffine junkie to sleep in minutes, maybe it will work for me.

I am planning to challange the leadership on the lack of warning as to content/style and the manditory attendance. there are people with anixety disorders that I know at work that this would destroy.

Date: August 20, 2008 04:52AM

Just tread lightly around that Division leader about this. You challenge him directly about this training, you could discover how much entitlement with which these people can act, after they've felt 'empowered' by this shit. They'll take any challenge about this training as a personal affront. You could find yourself out of a job.

Are there people at your workplace that you could go to about this -- anonymously -- that are over this guy's head?

Date: August 20, 2008 05:07AM

And I cannot stress enough how these LGAT'S can be dangerous -- not only to people with anxiety or mood disorders -- but in starting up these disorders in folks with no previous history of such issues. So, if you need 2 glasses of wine tonight, go for it. Or get a prescription for Lunesta or something.

And, if you use the search function for these forums, do a search on my previous posts on the Landmark Forum (and a few on the Money & You seminar), you'll learn my and my family's rather sordid history with these trainings. I consider myself a lucky refugee from them, but my Sister was not so lucky. And a couple of my friends are not so 'alive' anymore either.

Date: August 20, 2008 06:57AM

Nope, nobodies head I can go over. It's all the way up.

I will present this as being bad for the company. This confrontational style is sure to cause damage to a few employees, and lawsuits are sure to occur. I am hoping to get them to tone it down on that basis. I still can't believe that a company would send their employees through such critical harsh training with no warning.

Posted by: scimom ()
Date: August 30, 2008 11:01AM

My husband is about to go through this program and I am angry that he is being forced into it. You might be at the same company. I'd be curious about what happens when you bring up your criticisms to them.

Posted by: scimom ()
Date: September 04, 2008 09:59AM

Just wanted to add to the record that I know of at least two people at my husbands company that have been fired for not going through with the Cruxpoint training. It's f'ed up. I wish I could say which company this is without risking my husband's job, because this crap needs to be called out.

I guess the good news is that my husband is the only one left in his workgroup and he has some leverage in his job now. Great teambuilding Cruxpoint! And the morale is at an alltime high! Not.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.