Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Landmark Forum for Cats
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 01, 2009 04:53AM

If you have a small, easily concealed rosary, a picture of your patron saint, a cross or medal you have around your neck, hold on to that. If you're from one of the reformed traditions, a pocket sized New Testament can be slipped into your pocket. Find a prayer or bit of scripture-simpler the better--and recite it.

St Pauls list of spiritual armour would be good. Dont do the homework. Get sleep.

If you live far away from the indoctrination site, rent a hotel room within easy walking distance so you can go there and go right to bed so you can sleep. Ask your doctor to prescribe a sleep aid in case you have trouble sleeping--sleep deprivation is a very big part of this cocktail. Or you can fill out the homework sheets by writing a few simple sentences about Christianity.

But dont do it at the expense of getting sleep. Remember you are up against powers and principalties. Ask your fellow congregation members to pray for you during and after this ordeal.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 01, 2009 05:08PM

Hi Lars,

Thank you for responding. I did take a look at the more recent posts as you suggested and have found a lot of information that has helped me. I am fortunate that my father and my brothers have been counseling me and are praying for me. My plan is to stick it out until the first break unless I am totally offended before then. I will be there with other co-workers, however, I have been told that I can leave when I wish. If this is indeed the case I will not be there for long. If the company I work for wishes to press the issue then I will be happy to fight it. I can say that even though the hypnosis thing is indeed a factor, I know that "no weapon brought against me shall prosper." Please, if possible keep in touch. Your advice has been invaluable.
Thank You

Posted by: spoony ()
Date: November 02, 2009 02:27AM

The leader should also ask the group at the very beginning whether you are there at anyone else's request or for anyone else. You can opt out at that point too. As mentioned already, it's not easy to stand up in front of everyone and leave, but I have seen it done.

You could also review the Landmark disclaimer - if you have every had anything that could be considered one of the conditions which Landmark themselves say mean you should not take the forum, use it. This could be a get out clause. Your employer will not want to be sued for you being harmed as a result of them forcing you to take a course that the provider clearly states is not for you.

If there really is no other way but to sit through the 3 days, get as much sleep as possible, turn up late (towards the end of my Landmark days I pretended I was having "completion conversations" outside the building while all the time chatting to my friends - the staff never interrupted me), take frequent breaks (you could invent an appropriate medical complaint that means you have to go to the toilet often) and do NOT do the homework. If you can, arrange to meet friends or go shopping during the breaks (they strongly encourage you to spend this time with the other participants). Above all else, SLEEP.

Posted by: caligari ()
Date: November 02, 2009 04:40AM

spoony
The leader should also ask the group at the very beginning whether you are there at anyone else's request or for anyone else. You can opt out at that point too. As mentioned already, it's not easy to stand up in front of everyone and leave, but I have seen it done.

You could also review the Landmark disclaimer - if you have every had anything that could be considered one of the conditions which Landmark themselves say mean you should not take the forum, use it. This could be a get out clause. Your employer will not want to be sued for you being harmed as a result of them forcing you to take a course that the provider clearly states is not for you.

If there really is no other way but to sit through the 3 days, get as much sleep as possible, turn up late (towards the end of my Landmark days I pretended I was having "completion conversations" outside the building while all the time chatting to my friends - the staff never interrupted me), take frequent breaks (you could invent an appropriate medical complaint that means you have to go to the toilet often) and do NOT do the homework. If you can, arrange to meet friends or go shopping during the breaks (they strongly encourage you to spend this time with the other participants). Above all else, SLEEP.

A couple items about hypnosis. Hypnosis has been shown to only work where someone agrees to it's purpose. The "processes" are framed as resulting in people getting what they want so people will follow them. If your conscious of the methods, it's much more difficult to have you follow them. A method that has shown to work in countering hypnosis is when directed to think of things, think of different things on your own. Imagine your own outcome and make your own thoughts about thing like what you'd like to do next week can make the hypnosis ineffective.

-- Caligari

Posted by: Wiser Aussie ()
Date: October 09, 2022 11:00AM

To Lars and Brad,

Thank you so much for your courage and foresight in posting your videos and experiences many years ago.

Not only have you helped people who have attended Landmark, but others who've done LGATs so very similar.

You have helped me with further validating my experiences in Money and You. They too have their foundation and formula in Est/Forum and Scientology practices and terminology.

All the best.

Wiser Aussie

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.