Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Landmark: how do they make $ from people who've done all the courses?
Posted by: nettie ()
Date: August 06, 2008 12:38AM

I think that what is most dangerous to the mind of an esthole/landmarker is that there is nothing really true. One day you can think that “I am powerful and I can climb this mountain” and the next when you realized you fell down and almost killed yourself you will know that what I said was not true. For the mind this becomes taxing after a while when you see that “your word” is not as powerful as you say it is.

So your mind becomes stressed by being used “by the vehicle” a bit too much. Of course then a landmark coach will say that you need more training with them. The training is of course to enroll more people into the cult.

Also what really pissed me off after a while was the vicious circle I was caught up in where there was no way to blame landmark for my failings. There was always some jargon to dismiss the guilt of a nonfunctioning landmark technology. So I was always the looser (victim) so I had to restart my brain and think in the very narrow mind set of a landmarker.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pauker ()
Date: August 06, 2008 12:10PM

As promised, Elena, I've been giving your questions more thought, and here's something that come up -- tonight, anyway.

The old famous saying that those who fail to understand history are doomed to repeat it flies in the face of Werner's notion that, once transformed, one is freed from one's history to create a new life. This is probably just the magical thinking that ensues when an encyclopedia salesman has a manic episode while driving over a Bay Area bridge. (But I digress.) It is a dangerous idea that one can just walk away from one's past 'stories/conversations' simply by having considered one's self transformed. In fact, it almost guarantees that shit from one's past WILL repeat itself.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2008 12:11PM by pauker.

Re: Landmark: and Byron Katie story connection
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: August 06, 2008 04:56PM

The last 2 comments explain how Landmark is very similar to Byron Katie.
There is no question that Byron Katie copied a lot of material from Werner Erhard.
She promotes the exact same false idea about "stories".
[forum.culteducation.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2008 04:59PM by The Anticult.

Re: Landmark: how do they make $ from people who've done all the cours
Posted by: elena ()
Date: August 08, 2008 02:34AM

pauker
As promised, Elena, I've been giving your questions more thought, and here's something that come up -- tonight, anyway.

The old famous saying that those who fail to understand history are doomed to repeat it flies in the face of Werner's notion that, once transformed, one is freed from one's history to create a new life. This is probably just the magical thinking that ensues when an encyclopedia salesman has a manic episode while driving over a Bay Area bridge. (But I digress.) It is a dangerous idea that one can just walk away from one's past 'stories/conversations' simply by having considered one's self transformed. In fact, it almost guarantees that shit from one's past WILL repeat itself.

I don't know the time line but I think that supposed revelation Werner Erhard had on the Golden Gate Bridge might just have been around the time he was immersed in scientology and his brain might have seized on L. Ron Hubbard's "Bridge To Total Freedom" [TM] and he could have imagined himself as some sort of super-scientological being for which he was being trained which also might explain why he adopted so much of L. Ron's "material" to start his own cult and was never able to dissociate himself from the ~mother cult~ schtick which is at the heart of Landmark still. Just my thought.

Ellen

Posted by: nettie ()
Date: August 08, 2008 04:31PM

I wonder what Werner wants written on his tombstone?

"messed up quite a few people's lives"

"did all I could to get the max amount of money and minds"

"I was brainwashed - what could I do?"

"sorry people - it's all empty and meaningless anyway"

"I personally killed many people's minds - I am sorry"

Posted by: Elaine ()
Date: August 09, 2008 01:49AM

He wants "Used up" to be engraved on his tombstone.

Most people can't say that about themselves.

nettie
I wonder what Werner wants written on his tombstone?

"messed up quite a few people's lives"

"did all I could to get the max amount of money and minds"

"I was brainwashed - what could I do?"

"sorry people - it's all empty and meaningless anyway"

"I personally killed many people's minds - I am sorry"

Re: Landmark: how do they make $ from people who've done all the cours
Posted by: elena ()
Date: August 09, 2008 03:17PM

Elaine
He wants "Used up" to be engraved on his tombstone.

Seems fitting for a user.

Ellen

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.