Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Landmark Education as a non-profit
Posted by: elena ()
Date: July 11, 2008 03:58AM

Yes, I've written in the past about the deadly coupling of anyone with even tendencies to manic-depression and an involvement in a group like est/Landmark. Using their nefarious techniques, these mind-manipulators are able to somehow fuse themselves emotionally at the higher points of the roller-coaster ride they take their followers on. The manic depressives can come to believe that their continued good spirits are utterly dependent on their involvement. I think these are the "addicts" or hard-core "believers." They come to associate any negative thoughts about the group or their involvement with an unrelenting depression which they seek to avoid at all costs and so are locked-in, at that point. It's often a tragic situation.

Have you read "Snapping?"

Ellen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2008 04:04AM by elena.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pauker ()
Date: July 11, 2008 05:24AM

elena
Have you read "Snapping?"

no, but I bet I did that once right before attending to the chore of outgrowing my narcissism. I'll Google it and see what I find. Thanks.

Posted by: elena ()
Date: July 12, 2008 02:18AM

Make sure to find one of the earlier editions that contains the references to est and Werner Erhard. Conway and Siegelman recognized the similarities from the beginning but had to remove those sections after legal retaliation by the cult, as did Margaret Singer from her book. If not for the internet, Werner Erhard might indeed have been able to ~disappear the past~ as he would have liked to.

Ellen

Posted by: pauker ()
Date: July 12, 2008 02:54AM

Yeah, at both Landmark and Impact folks try to tell the flock to stay away from that Internet stuff. And no wonder: between YouTube, WikiLeaks and sites like Rick's here, The Internets are and will continue to be a thorn in most LGAT's, sides.

I was especially taken with Nettie's videos. ZOWIE.

Also, fortunately, Google has some free excerpts up from "Snapping." Liked what I've read so far. Thanks for the tip.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.