My one year Landmark Anniversery!
Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: June 11, 2008 12:50PM

The last couple of days mark the anniversery of me realizing that Landmark is a cult. Calling them on their crap and basically telling them to F-ck Off in front of a room full of students.

This last year has been a tough one of recovery and rebuilding myself. Today I am happy to say that I am a much stronger man than I ever was before. My BS detector is finely tuned. And I'm doing and getting what I want out of life. WITHOUT the assistance of Landmarks technology, i.e. brain washing.

I've gone from being a scared man that felt weak and insecure after getting a Landmark mental F-ck. To a man that is confident enough to have just come back from spending several days exploring the city of Zurich by myself and starting out at the airport with nothing more than a back pack and a reservation in a Hostel that I didn't know the location of, a few Euro I converted to Franks and oh yes, let's not forget...a credit card (LOL).

Basically I took me a good old fashioned "Walk About" I didn't realize it at the time that I was doing this exactly one year after leaving Landmark! Doing this Walk About was sort of an Anti-Forum! Three days and jet lag! But unlike the Forum I came away with knowledge and confidence that Landmark can not deliver. I did it with out an instructor. I set goals for myself while there and accomplished them. I met wonderful random people while I was there. It's amazing what a smile and a willingness to talk to people will do. I didn't need to take a Landmark Communications class for that. I had accomplishments that were more substantive than any Landmark "break through". I didn't have to tell some sob story and shed tears to "get complete". Instead I told people about where I was from, exchanged ideas and had happy conversations.

I spent less during these three days than I did on all of my Landmark Classes and gained more knowldge from those three days in Zurich than the whole time I did in Landmark (Landmark is actually the reverse of knowledge, its a dumbing down process).

From Zurich I came away educated from the street and real life. From Landmark I came away dumbed down.
From Zurich I came away happy and confident. From Landmark I came away scared and depressed.
From Zurich I came away with positive memories and experiences I will cherish a life time. From Landmark I came away with negative memories and experiences that I will detest for the rest of my life.
In Zurich I spent money and came back with real tangible items that I will probably have the remainder of my life. In Landmark I spent money and came away basically "empty handed".

My reccomendation to anyone considering doing Landmark is to instead take that money and time that you are going to spend and take a meaningful trip to some place you've never been before. You can go alone or with people. I can pretty much gurantee you will learn more worth while things about yourself, life, people, and the world around you than you will in all the days you will spend at Landmark.

I'm glad I said to hell with Landmark, told them to screw off, and unloaded my brain of all their nonsense. If I hadn't done those things I would not have accomplished what I have been able to accomplish in the last few months. If I had stayed in Landmark I would still be putting off life and signing up for one more course in search of fulfillment and happiness.

For everyone out there that is scared that Landmark has permanently damaged them. That is not the case. I'm living proof of it. Sure I may not be 100%, I do still have my Landroid moments and freeze up. But they are fewer and further between now. Eventually they will go away. Have confidence in yourself, trust yourself, and don't be afraid to live life again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My one year Landmark Anniversery!
Posted by: Enviro_Cop ()
Date: June 11, 2008 08:12PM

Congratulations Zorro!

You are an inspiration to those who have been through, or hurt by LGATS. I know your words have helped me in my ordeal.
There is no doubt in my mind you have saved others from the dead end of LE and all LGATS.

EC

Posted by: jp27 ()
Date: June 11, 2008 09:13PM

Congrats my friend!

Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: June 12, 2008 11:17AM

it has always amazed me that landmark , similar to scientology is that
people can be connected with them for years and get fed up and leave.

in scientolgy it seems if u run out of money to spend they dont want u and
with landmark its usually people somehow wise up to what they are doing.

that is a flaw in landmarks brainwashing techniques. they can usually
draw them in and keep em for awhile but eventually a lot of people
see through their garbage.

your story is wonderful. spread the word.

Posted by: nettie ()
Date: June 12, 2008 12:19PM

I am very happy to hear that you are doing well. Recovery from landmark can be achieved. Just give it time.

Let us bring them down! :-)

Or let us enjoy life...for me life after landmark has become so much better. After the enormous pressure - when the weight is lifted from your shoulders - you may become peaceful or depressed or high. But all of that can be handled. Best is to seek some counseling. Wellspringretreat in Ohio is a very good place - I have been there myself and they know all there is to know about cults and what to to after leaving.

nettie
the crusader/the white knight (some idiots on youtube harass me trying to make me think that I want to build my ego - but I would like to be a knight in shining armour coming to provide justice...)

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: June 12, 2008 02:35PM

Top stuff. Congrats!

John

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.