Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Terminated for not attending Landmark education
Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: June 01, 2008 08:06PM

Hi zastdbox,

Just so that you know, you need to get to 10 posts before you are able to use the PM thing. At least for sending PMs to others. Just so that you know and aren't left wondering why nobody (could) reply back.

John

PS. Welcome to the forum!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Makeup ()
Date: August 25, 2008 02:10AM

My husband just lost his job on Friday for telling his boss that he will not attend the Landmark Forum. He is devastated! I have not been able to get him out of bed since Early Friday evening & it's Sunday afternoon. I don't know where to start to help him. I will be reporting this guy but don't know where to report him. If you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. I left a message on the forum earlier but have no idea where it is. I think that I posted it in the wrong area. Good luck to you and your family! Thank you!

Date: August 25, 2008 05:19AM

Hi Makeup,

I'm not surprised that your husband is devastated. Normally you know why (performance related) you get fired and there is probably an inkling that something is going to happen. To him this would have just been 'some course' that they wanted him to do.

Hence, being fired and the accompanying feelings of rejection would have really come out of nowhere for him. His total devastation makes sense, especially if he is someone who (for whatever reasons) really takes rejection to heart.

How long had he been working there?

John

Posted by: h_r ()
Date: August 26, 2008 09:25PM

Hi Makeup,

I am so sorry to hear about your predicament.

I'm bipolar as well, and I feel like it was triggered by doing the EST "children's training" way back when. Here are a couple of things to consider:
1) Landmark may have not let your husband do the training, even if he wanted to, because of his illness.
2) People with health conditions such as bipolar are protected under discrimination laws. Here's some logic that may help if you decide to go with the legal system: Your husband's boss made attending Landmark a condition of employment. Your husband, due to a protected medical condition, was unable to do Landmark. Because that condition is protected, it may have been against the law for your husband's boss to make attending Landmark a condition of employment. Ergo, your husband's boss broke the law and you and your husband deserve restitution.

It doesn't matter that your husband (and good for him!!!) didn't want to attend the forum. It matters that his boss made an illegal demand of him.

(off-topic)
I agree with the sleep comments too, btw. I guard my sleep like a mean dog. It makes all the difference in the world. If you and your husband want some online support, I suggest: www.crazyboards.org.

Good luck to you both.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 26, 2008 10:24PM

If we lived in a sane society, sleep would be recognized as an essential nutrient, not dismissed as a dispensible luxury.

Here is a thread with some links that discuss the importance of sleep.

[forum.culteducation.com]

This article was written for the benefit of families who have a member with
attention deficit disorder. But there is so much overlap with bipolar that
others might find this useful too.

[www.borntoexplore.org]

and Modern lifestyles

[www.borntoexplore.org]

Now, folks take a look at a small excerpt from this article. It matches well with modern, indoor school and job environments.

But...an especially extreme form of this could easily be produced in an LGAT indoctrination set up. Lets look at this, shall we?

Consider how these factors from modern life commonly influence us:

Being indoors (lack of sunlight): Reduced melatonin
Stress: Reduced serotonin
Modern food processing: Fatty acid imbalances and chemical sensitivities
High sugar/carbohydrate and low-fat diet: More insulin; prostaglandin imbalance
Lack of exercise: Decreased serotonin and dopamine
Lack of sleep: Reduced serotonin
Poor nutrition: Reduced serotonin
Boring classes/job, lack of activity: Reduced dopamine & norepinephrine.
Deionized air: Reduced serotonin

Reduced serotonin levels from stress, lack of sleep & exercise, poor nutrition, and lack of sunlight are connected with ADD, irritability, depression, aggression, anxiety, lack of concentration, chronic pain, restlessness or fatigue, nausea, obsessive-compulsive disorder, weight gain or loss, fibromyalgia, arthritis, chronic fatigue syndrome, heat intolerance and other syndromes. Fluctuating serotonin levels are connected with bipolar disorder (manic depression) and hypomania. You don't have to feel depressed or anxious; symptoms may be purely physical.

Reduced dopamine/norepinephrine caused by boring surroundings and lack of exercise may manifest as ADD, impulsivity, lack of concentration, restlessness, and depression or loss of pleasure. Dopamine is the "feel good" chemical which illegal drugs mimic (such as cocaine, heroin, marijuana) as well as cigarettes, coffee and alcohol.

Impulsivity can lead us to make disastrous decisions about our belief systems, about money, about how to spend our time.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 26, 2008 10:45PM

Dear Make up, you may have been unable to find your thread because a lot of people made new posts yesterday on other threads, so your thread probably was bumped further down. If you scroll downwards on your screen you should be able to find it.

Here is your thread from yesterday

[forum.culteducation.com]

If you are pondering legal action, please please find out the filing deadline, because if it passes, you will lose your opportunity.

In case you get a sudden phone call where they try to bully or sweet talk
you into having some compromise negotiations, dont fall for it. Get a lawyer, find out the filing deadline and dont agree to anything or sign anything without your attorney reviewing it, and dont let yourself be lulled into letting that vital filing deadline pass.

These groups hate having anything about their bad behavior become part of public record. And a lawsuit is one way to make that happen...

Date: August 26, 2008 10:48PM

... and there is a wealth of documents and information to give you a head start. Rick Ross has a page of information for lawyers, and others here will have useful things to share too.

(just in case you decide to go down this path)

John

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.