Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Millenium3 in Dallas Texas
Posted by: Neveragain ()
Date: February 02, 2009 03:46AM

Yamandu and Bullet317,

Thank you both for confirming my suspicions.

Bullet317,

I feel the exact same way. There were people present that felt like they were there to 'entice' the opposite sex by flattering them with attention. Male and female 'seducers' if you will. Disgusting.

Yes, the 'lovey dovey feely' affectionate stuff really turned me off during the cradling. I just didn't see how being lifted up in the air would induce such overarching emotionalism in people. It was quite alarming.

I wonder if these people get paid or how all of that works? There was one person who seemed so out of it, like they were in so deep and they couldn't get out. The vibe I got was that this person was definitely involved and wasn't happy about it.....trapped. I don't know how I know this. Intuition.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bullet317 ()
Date: February 03, 2009 01:08PM

Neveragain,

I, too, felt that there were people of the opposite sex meant to entice the women and flattering them with attention. I did everything possible not to make myself look "sexy".I wore sweat pants, no makeup, sneakers. Just totally laid-back. My stretch was "Lady In Red".The red dresses, gloves, makeup and heels. I felt like a trollop. I was in Basic and Advanced 172. I never did go to LP. Waaayyyy too much B.S. for me! The "cradling" made me feel ill and I loathed having to tell how I "felt" and what I was "thinking" or not thinking. Being called a "taker" because I wasn't falling into lockstep like everyone else. It wouldn't have surprised me in the least to see them wearing brown shirts and jack boots. The leader of LP 172 told me that I have great leadership qualities and I could be an amazing speaker(GAG!) but I needed to get with the program (wasn't going to happen!)

My spouse and I had trouble afterward, but thankfully we made it through and our marriage is stronger than ever. The "boyfriend was acquired during a rough patch during my marriage. I'm not proud of it.) is history since June 2008. He has more "issues" than a box of Kleenex and it turns out that he's Millennium3's biggest failure.

I think that there were volunteers that were coerced or guilt tripped into being there and some did feel as though they were "trapped" and didn't know what to do.

I'm just wondering how to get law enforcement involved into looking at them closely.

Posted by: blueskies2 ()
Date: February 07, 2009 05:12AM

While I can certainly see why some are frightened by these groups, one should not dismiss them entirely. Please note that those that post over and over again on these sites are the same handful of people. They espouse the same complaints over and over, but offer little proof, other than they 'say so'. While I am not discounting their supposed experiences, I would question their actual physical, mental and emotional stability upon entering these programs. Don't believe everything you read on the internet, folks, especially in open forums. These forums often became a dumping ground for angry, bitter people that have no where else to vent. Do your own homework. If these groups were truly cults and detrimental to society, the criminal and legal system would have shut them down, and they certainly would have been subject to some TV or written media investigation. All I have ever seen are ramblings and rantings from the disenchanted.

I have been through Millennium 3's program, and a lot of what is being posted about the program is true.
You do hit a bat on a chair and scream; Note that no one makes you do this. This is a voluntary exercise, just like all the others. To scream so hard that you break a rib (is that even possible?) is ludicrous, and I would seriously wonder why one would continue to pound a bat and scream if they were in pain! That is just crazy! Why would someone wait to go to the doctor if they were in pain....? Things that make you go 'hmmm'
You do spend a lot of hours in session but absolutely no one tells you that you can't go to the bathroom, leave the room, or get something to eat. That option is entirely up to you. You can also leave the entire session if you so desire.
There is an exercise called LifeboatThe entire purpose of that exercise is to make one realize he is important to others in his life and his life does affect those around him. Breaking the sticks, as discussed by a previous poster, just smacks of immaturity--it is just a game, after all, and cheating in a game just cheapens the outcome.
There is a lot of support and communication between participants. That is just a fact of the program; a strong, secure relationship shouldn't be threatened or damaged by the being connected to people outside of that relationship. If it is, then there are issues larger than attendance at LGAT going on.

Many of the exercises were silly to me, but I am mature enough to understand what I may not appreciate could be meaningful to someone else. I don't care for HipHop music, but does that make it bad? No...it is just a matter of opinion. So play the game....You don't have to buy into it, but why ruin it for someone else. I didn't like the cradling, but many really thought it was cool--who am I to take that away?

These LGAT's do not promise to fix all of your problems; they are simply designed to teach one how to look at life differently, from more than one perspective, and to take control of your life. Sometimes, that means shedding a toxic, controlling relationship, and the person being shed is certainly going to spout off about what an evil program LGATs are....she/he are losing control over the participant....and are scared.

These programs are designed for those wanting to move ahead in life, not as therapy for deeper issues. M3 is good about evaluating potential participants and turning away those that are too unstable or fragile; they also do not let those that meet that same criteria continue in other programs. If they were truly after just money, this would not matter to them. For someone who discussed having a psychotic break, it would seem obvious to me that deeper issues were at work there and emerged during an exercise. These exercises truly are laughably benign! I am puzzled by some of the reactions posted here!

I am sorry for those of you that have had a bad experience, but ultimately, you controlled what happened to you--no one made you do anything; it was completely voluntary, so I fail to see how you are able to point a finger and say otherwise. M3 teaches to focus outward instead of just inward on yourself--it looks to me that some of the poster on this forum missed that. They are still crying 'poor me' and getting attention by doing so. Time to let go and move on, don't you think?

Posted by: aware ()
Date: February 07, 2009 09:13AM

That may be the case for you...perhaps you are well adjusted enough to take something of value (that you could have gotten by dropping by Barnes and Noble and picking up a couple of good books for under $100...and maybe you didn't get sucked in..and I do mean sucked in...to being used and abused which IS their target market....why do you think these forums/blogs exist?? Victims are not only angry, they want to warn others because programs like M3 stay just enough within the 'law' to avoid being shut down beuase people sign up by choice....not really...why...do you think tese programs stay 'underground' word of mouth and don't advertise? Thye want to saty low key for a reason...Do you have any idea of how many people are out there that have been victimized and if they are lucky are mad as hell..and embarrassed.....or how many lives have been runined...How much in depth investigation have you really done about these prorgams? Do you have any idea how they started and that the illustrious founder was a wife abuser and a child molester..of his own daughter?? That he was investigated not only by news journalists like Barbra Walters but by the US Gov as well..that he left the country for those reasons..that millions upon millions of dollars are profitied by the meger checking accounts of those is need..in need of REAL therapy by LICENSED therapists? I know..because they nearly ruined my boyfriends life because he was vulnerable. two years ago...I couldn't break their stronghold on him so have have been doing my homework..and it sickens me...nothing is more dpolrable that those who prey upon and profit from the weak...my boyfreind is lucky, he ran out of money to give them...they broke his bank, litterally and they knew it...in time the hold faded and I was there for him all along waiting for them to see he had nothing to give them anymore....thank God he is now rebuilding his life

Posted by: Bullet317 ()
Date: February 07, 2009 11:13AM

blueskies2
While I can certainly see why some are frightened by these groups, one should not dismiss them entirely.

Erm, yes, they should be dismissed entirely. They prey on the weak and the vulnerable. Period.

Please note that those that post over and over again on these sites are the same handful of people. They espouse the same complaints over and over, but offer little proof, other than they 'say so'. While I am not discounting their supposed experiences, I would question their actual physical, mental and emotional stability upon entering these programs. Don't believe everything you read on the internet, folks, especially in open forums. These forums often became a dumping ground for angry, bitter people that have no where else to vent. Do your own homework. If these groups were truly cults and detrimental to society, the criminal and legal system would have shut them down, and they certainly would have been subject to some TV or written media investigation. All I have ever seen are ramblings and rantings from the disenchanted.

"Disenchanted"? Does this mean you are one of the so-called "enlightened" ones? Where do you get off by downplaying someone's experience? These groups aren't shut down because they know the language just enough to run just inside of the law.

I have been through Millennium 3's program, and a lot of what is being posted about the program is true.
You do hit a bat on a chair and scream; Note that no one makes you do this. This is a voluntary exercise, just like all the others. To scream so hard that you break a rib (is that even possible?) is ludicrous, and I would seriously wonder why one would continue to pound a bat and scream if they were in pain! That is just crazy! Why would someone wait to go to the doctor if they were in pain....? Things that make you go 'hmmm'

I'd be perfectly happy to meet you in person along with the MRI and x-rays of my cracked ribs if you'd like. Along with doctor's copies of the pain killers I had to take all the while as I healed. You also weren't there to witness what happened to me. I was pulled aside into another room and told that I wasn't hurting, they refused to let me go seek medical help.

You do spend a lot of hours in session but absolutely no one tells you that you can't go to the bathroom, leave the room, or get something to eat. That option is entirely up to you. You can also leave the entire session if you so desire.

This is true....

There is an exercise called LifeboatThe entire purpose of that exercise is to make one realize he is important to others in his life and his life does affect those around him. Breaking the sticks, as discussed by a previous poster, just smacks of immaturity--it is just a game, after all, and cheating in a game just cheapens the outcome.

Ah, no. It means that one isn't playing their ridiculous game. If they don't like it, they can stuff it up their nose. It was a very cruel game and if I could save another life, then wonderful! But I'll play the game my way and not their way. Again, if they don't like it, they can stuff it.

There is a lot of support and communication between participants. That is just a fact of the program; a strong, secure relationship shouldn't be threatened or damaged by the being connected to people outside of that relationship. If it is, then there are issues larger than attendance at LGAT going on.

Ahhh, baloney. The "support" was induced to make participants have to trust one another. Remember the hand behind the back game and then revealing if you trusted that person or not?

Many of the exercises were silly to me, but I am mature enough to understand what I may not appreciate could be meaningful to someone else. I don't care for HipHop music, but does that make it bad? No...it is just a matter of opinion. So play the game....You don't have to buy into it, but why ruin it for someone else. I didn't like the cradling, but many really thought it was cool--who am I to take that away?

These LGAT's do not promise to fix all of your problems; they are simply designed to teach one how to look at life differently, from more than one perspective, and to take control of your life. Sometimes, that means shedding a toxic, controlling relationship, and the person being shed is certainly going to spout off about what an evil program LGATs are....she/he are losing control over the participant....and are scared.

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps people may have been manipulated into participating in the first place? By being told that it's the greatest thing ever and you just gotta do it? I was told that and it was suspicious, like too good to be true. It's all about making that next big score. Getting that next victim to fork over their money and then paying them to have you work for them. Baloney to that! People have better things to do. It's called LIFE.

These programs are designed for those wanting to move ahead in life, not as therapy for deeper issues. M3 is good about evaluating potential participants and turning away those that are too unstable or fragile; they also do not let those that meet that same criteria continue in other programs. If they were truly after just money, this would not matter to them. For someone who discussed having a psychotic break, it would seem obvious to me that deeper issues were at work there and emerged during an exercise. These exercises truly are laughably benign! I am puzzled by some of the reactions posted here!

Perhaps for those who want to do that and are led to believe that. The language that Millennium 3 uses is very convincing. They make you think of all of the possibilities, of being stuck in a rut, what racket someone runs, etc... What racket are you running by making it seem as though Millennium 3 is harmless? Do you get off on making people feel bad or do you thrive on hurting others? It's a feeding ground for sociopaths. NO ONE needs that in their life no matter how convincing the language is that's used. It's a feeding ground for sociopaths. Nothing more, nothing less.

I am sorry for those of you that have had a bad experience, but ultimately, you controlled what happened to you--no one made you do anything; it was completely voluntary, so I fail to see how you are able to point a finger and say otherwise. M3 teaches to focus outward instead of just inward on yourself--it looks to me that some of the poster on this forum missed that. They are still crying 'poor me' and getting attention by doing so. Time to let go and move on, don't you think?

Really? Were you manipulated into losing a friendship unless you went? Were you called names and had your feelings hurt if you didn't go? My "angel" did that to me. Made me feel guilty if I didn't go. Remember how in Basic you had to look inward at yourself? Then in Advanced, you still had to look inward and then on to looking outward? It's not easy for those who are natural introverts. Until you learn some compassion which you obviously failed to do at Millennium 3 because all they teach is ME, ME, ME and teach how everything is all about you, then you have no place to downplay others experiences or to be condescending to them. I'd strongly suggest compassion be a part of the new YOU.

Posted by: Sinecure ()
Date: February 07, 2009 07:38PM

Blueskies2 said: "Do your own homework. If these groups were truly cults and detrimental to society, the criminal and legal system would have shut them down, and they certainly would have been subject to some TV or written media investigation. All I have ever seen are ramblings and rantings from the disenchanted."

Yes. Do your own homework. I know I did. I I learned that fathers of these LGAT scams are crooks. The LGAT scams began as a sick cross between a Dale Carnegie type course for salesmen and (formerly, medically supervised) encounter sessions. I learned about Holiday Magic, LifeSpring, John Hanley Sr., Landmark, Mind Dynamics, est, Werner Erhard, and M3. Additionally, I hired a private investigator to learn what I could about M3.

When you do your homework, you will learn how M3 is tied directly to LifeSpring. You'll also learn about the many written news reports, TV and other media investigation of M3's predecessor organization. There is much, much more that "ramblings and rantings from the disenchanted."

Do your homework. Don't be dismissed by some post from someone who hasn't or, worse, is dishonestly trying to mislead you.

Posted by: Steve989 ()
Date: February 08, 2009 12:16AM

blueskies2
While I can certainly see why some are frightened by these groups, one should not dismiss them entirely. Please note that those that post over and over again on these sites are the same handful of people. They espouse the same complaints over and over, but offer little proof, other than they 'say so'. While I am not discounting their supposed experiences, I would question their actual physical, mental and emotional stability upon entering these programs. Don't believe everything you read on the internet, folks, especially in open forums. These forums often became a dumping ground for angry, bitter people that have no where else to vent. Do your own homework. If these groups were truly cults and detrimental to society, the criminal and legal system would have shut them down, and they certainly would have been subject to some TV or written media investigation. All I have ever seen are ramblings and rantings from the disenchanted."

Well this sounds exactly like my PSI Ex-wife. Blueskies2 is a "True Believer."

Date: February 08, 2009 12:35AM

Well, I certainly sparked a lot of excitement! Wow. No, I am not a true believer, nor do I believe that these programs are for everyone. Know yourself; these are self improvement courses. They are not stealing your mind. If people experienced that their free will was being taken, they probably should not have been there in the first place. Both the participant and the M3 personal are to blame for letting that happen. That being said, those that had such a bad experience need to let go of all that hate and anger and move on. You know the expression, "Hate only damages the vessel that holds it".....it is also true about anger. Let it go....find something more productive on which to focus!

Posted by: wendyjduncan ()
Date: February 08, 2009 12:36AM

Blueskies said, "If these groups were truly cults and detrimental to society, the criminal and legal system would have shut them down, and they certainly would have been subject to some TV or written media investigation. All I have ever seen are ramblings and rantings from the disenchanted."

From my studies of cults and my personal experience (author of I Can't Hear God Anymore: Life in a Dallas Cult), Millenium3 has all the criteria to meet the definition of a cult. The criminal and legal system can not "shut them down" unless they commit a crime. In the United States of America, being a cult is not a criminal act as defined by the law.

My husband and I have a support group for former members of cults and spiritually abusive groups that meets monthly in the Dallas metroplex. If anyone is interested, you can message me.

Best,
Wendy J. Duncan

Date: February 08, 2009 12:36AM

That's ridiculous!

Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.