Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Yet Another Sad Story - Is there ANYTHING that can be done?
Posted by: quickrocker ()
Date: July 20, 2004 07:42AM

Pandora
Thank you, Rick.
As a slightly off-topic side note, my sister in law has recently got involved with an MLM and her involvement in it has been equally disturbing.

[b:435141bb3f]I'm beginning to wonder if there's something wrong with me.[/b:435141bb3f]

I just can't understand how well-educated, intelligent people such as my friend and sister in law can disregard any logic and take such a pollyannic view of something that is so obviously destructive.

"We can transform your life!" "You can make thousands of dollars!"

I sometimes wish I could shake both of them by the shoulders, yell "Wake up!" and they would. If only it was that easy.

I know the feelings you describe. I have a cousin who was severely misled by YWAM (Youth With A Mission), a good friend who is wrapped up in Landmark, and a brother who is trying to build a Quixtar business. Each one of these groups is dangerous, deceptive, and deplorable. The sad thing is that these three loved ones are among the most incredibly gifted souls you would hope to know. You are not alone in your self doubt. But, we must continue to fight these battles. Raise your shield of faith and lift them up in prayer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Montreal ()
Date: September 29, 2004 12:56PM

He doesn't phone or email anymore, but interestingly enough, once in a while, he shows up out of the blue - always on a Monday or Tuesday - almost his old self. He acts like there's something he wants to talk about ,,,,

That sounds so familiar,, my ex b/f did that off and on,, would send me a "How are you email" or get on chat with really nothing to say,, felt almost like he wanted to ask or say things to me,,looked like some kind of an uncertainity,, Saw just a little of his old self, but that new self has pretty much taken over now,, and I know it won't be long before he will totally disappear,, :( I lost him to a Landmarkemian, who paid for courses for him to attend,,, arghhhhh!!!! He's in love now,, Just met her 8 weeks ago,, dropped a 5 yr relationship just like that!!!!!

Posted by: glam ()
Date: September 29, 2004 09:26PM

He doesn't phone or email anymore, but interestingly enough, once in a while, he shows up out of the blue - always on a Monday or Tuesday - almost his old self. He acts like there's something he wants to talk about ,,,,

My friend's weekly Landmark meetings happened on Wednesday nights. If your friends' schedule is the same, it's possible he's sort of "coming around" by Monday or Tuesday -- the hypnotic effects are wearing off a bit after 5 or 6 days -- and he's feeling the need to connect with people from his pre-Landmark past.

I've heard that talking about happy times before the Landmark involvement helps bring out the "real" personality, and that you can sometimes talk about groups other than Landmark -- but similar -- without getting shut down by the person.

I've tried talking to my friend a little about Scientology, but he's already connected the dots. He heard Tom Cruise speak about CO$ once and was pleasantly surprised how much it sounded like Landmark.

*sigh*

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.