Landmark's New Website
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: November 23, 2002 09:31PM

Landmark finally upgraded their web site so there is some information about the "technology" they use. One could take each concept and do their own research and save themselves time, money and mental anguish.

Though they have a section on FACULTY, there is no bio for each of the 50 seminar leaders, just photos (all look very professional - except for the guy who did mine!!).

The personal stories section was not working yet, but I would expect only accounts of miracles here.

[www.landmarkeducation.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Landmark's New Website
Posted by: Mermaid ()
Date: December 02, 2002 02:08AM

Hi Hope..

I read your reply to Jeannie in another thread.. and it was really right on.. Landmark is seriously messed up.. and it can really devestate people's lives.. (it did mine for a while)

How long ago did you do Landmark?

I did it a few years ago..

Merrie

Landmark's New Website
Date: December 02, 2002 09:29AM

I did Landmark Forum exactly a year ago, in 12/01. However, my naturopath used their "technology" as therapy for about a year, without telling me exactly what he was doing.

Landmark's New Website
Posted by: Mermaid ()
Date: December 02, 2002 10:51PM

Hi Hope..

I get the idea that your experience was negative... What was it about it you didnt like??

Merrie

Landmark's New Website
Date: December 03, 2002 04:59AM

1. They were not forthcoming with information to specific questions I had asked, but rather made guarantees that they could "fix" my situation
2. They consider physiological conditions to be rackets
3. They didn't want to hear why I was disappointed, became unavailable when I wanted to speak to someone, scheduled appointments but didn't keep them, and instead put a refund in the mail to make me go away. This after a 2-hour lecture about having integrity when a few people came back from lunch late. Their actions do not match their words.
4. They spent a good 2/3 of the time telling the audience what wonderful results others have had and selling more programs
5. They insisted I didn't "get it" but needed to take the Advanced course, when in fact, I "got it" as they offered nothing new.
6. The Forum focused on the leader and not the attendees.
7. The Forum leader went to great lengths to mock therapy, yet played armchair psychologist with most of the people who shared.
8. The Forum opened up emotional wounds for some attendees, which the leader was arrogant enough to believe could be fixed with Landmark jargon but if not, then more Landmark programs were needed.
9. They manipulate compliance by planting former grads who act out disclosure of problems and recovery based on Landmark technology. This is like cooking the books and is misleading.

Their new website, though improved, STILL does not give a clear picture of what to expect.

Landmark's New Website
Posted by: Boz Martyn ()
Date: December 23, 2002 04:42AM

Actually, they don't have to plant those grads. A lot of grads do the basic Forum again, before going on to the Advance Course -- or after coming back into the the Landmark network after an extended absence. They are only too happy to share, because they are so caught up in "getting" again what they've already "got".

It's all whacked, of course. But when you're in it, it makes perfect sense.

- Boz

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.