Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Landmark and my friend Matt
Posted by: jp27 ()
Date: April 04, 2008 08:10AM

Hello everyone,

My friend Matt has been in Landmark since 2005. Last friday he became a "introduction leader".

I went to the party they had that night for him and others. It was terrible. The people in that room only cared about themselfs. So cocky and rude. I would try and be friendly and they would dimiss me. I felt like an outcast.

My friend matt has spend so much money on this. He tries and pressures me to do this almost every other day.

I came to this site to see if i can find any ex landmark members who could help me save my friend of 15 years. I'm in the chicagoland area.

Thanks everyone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Landmark and my friend Matt
Posted by: nettie ()
Date: April 04, 2008 10:23PM

Hi JP27,

maybe you have read my posts - I was an introduction leader for 2 years - I know the whole machinery that builds the entity landmark eduction.

I lived in Northbrook Illinois 1980-81 as an exchange student. I loved it there.

I don't love some of the stuff that comes from the US. :-)

I live in Europe and please send me a PM (maybe you have to reach 10 posts first) if you would like to get in contact with me.

I think that it will be quite hard to get your friend out. But most people that make it the level of introduction leader do that for 1 or 2 years - then they have to decide if they want to go up the ladder and become seminar leaders.
Most people stop and "retire" from landmark after serving as introleader. During that time (when serving as introleader - unpaid work that is quite extensive) most people realise they are being used by landmark to do their work for them. They start to see the ugly side. Lot's of work and a lot of accountability.

Please - whatever you do - don't enroll into the forum. You coming here probably means you will not. It seems you have already seen what egotistical "super humans" landmark breeds.

nettie
an ex landmark introduction leader who enrolled a person that ended up killing himself after landmark's courses

Date: April 05, 2008 12:25AM

Thanks for responding. Do you have any tips on what i can say when he comes at me with his mumbo jumbo?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 05, 2008 12:35AM

jp27:

See [www.culteducation.com]

Note the liabilities and danger signs.

Date: April 05, 2008 12:41AM

Thanks.

rrmoderator
jp27:

See [www.culteducation.com]

Note the liabilities and danger signs.

Date: April 05, 2008 01:54AM

nettie
Hi JP27,

maybe you have read my posts - I was an introduction leader for 2 years - I know the whole machinery that builds the entity landmark eduction.

I lived in Northbrook Illinois 1980-81 as an exchange student. I loved it there.

I don't love some of the stuff that comes from the US. :-)

I live in Europe and please send me a PM (maybe you have to reach 10 posts first) if you would like to get in contact with me.

I think that it will be quite hard to get your friend out. But most people that make it the level of introduction leader do that for 1 or 2 years - then they have to decide if they want to go up the ladder and become seminar leaders.
Most people stop and "retire" from landmark after serving as introleader. During that time (when serving as introleader - unpaid work that is quite extensive) most people realise they are being used by landmark to do their work for them. They start to see the ugly side. Lot's of work and a lot of accountability.

Please - whatever you do - don't enroll into the forum. You coming here probably means you will not. It seems you have already seen what egotistical "super humans" landmark breeds.

nettie
an ex landmark introduction leader who enrolled a person that ended up killing himself after landmark's courses

One think i noticed with the so called "leader" of the branch here in Chicago is, "Cult Of Personality". All the new "introduction leaders" that night where telling this guy that they had "unconditional love" for him. Made me wanna run away.

Posted by: nettie ()
Date: April 05, 2008 03:40AM

jp27 - here is what you can say.

- what you are talking about don't make sense to me
- you seem like you have been brainwashed. Hve you reached these conclusions yourself or have they been implanted in your mind using mind control techniques?
- Let us make it clear; I will never do the forum or any other course - I have read up on what goes on in landmark and it scares the hell out of me!
- do you know that a lot of people have very bad results from taking the landmark courses? Some people end up killing themselves
- why are there so few oldtimers in landmark? Isn't it odd that there are a few hard core leaders but very few people that have been leaders for a long time?

The fact is that there is a big turnover of "landmark meat" - most people end up disgruntled after a while.

There is probably no foolproof way to talk to your friend - just show compassion. My hope for your friend is that he will snap out of the mind control. Right now when he is a new introduction leader he is probably feeling a bit high. That high will disappear with time.

To feel unconditional love for the leaders in landmark is common. It seems when your in "it" the leaders care about you. They don't...they care about their statistics...that is all that's distinguish reality from "unreality" for them.

Good luck! Stay cool and take care of yourself

Posted by: duxdeluxe ()
Date: April 09, 2008 01:43AM

jp27,

It is really very simple.

tell your friend Matt you heard everything he's said and simply "choose not to do the forum". That is Lkandmark speak for "no thank you"

Then ask him how many times he has had to rearrange his life to fit into Landmark's requirements around his commitment as a seminar leader? Ask how oftern Ladmsrk has been willing to accomodate his neeed and schedule?

Ask, if Landmark will allow him to be a member of any other organization while he is a seminar leader?

Ask him how he is doing with whatever project he first got jazzed about when he took the Forum or advanced course.

Hopefully at that point he will come to realize how his involvement in Landmark has derailed his ability to really pursue his dreams.

My experience has been asking questions will usually make more of an impact that telling someone all the reasons why you think what they are doing is bad. Judgments tend to entrench, questions tend to open up a door for introspection.

Good luck.

Date: April 10, 2008 04:48AM

duxdeluxe
jp27,

It is really very simple.

tell your friend Matt you heard everything he's said and simply "choose not to do the forum". That is Lkandmark speak for "no thank you"

Then ask him how many times he has had to rearrange his life to fit into Landmark's requirements around his commitment as a seminar leader? Ask how oftern Ladmsrk has been willing to accomodate his neeed and schedule?

Ask, if Landmark will allow him to be a member of any other organization while he is a seminar leader?

Ask him how he is doing with whatever project he first got jazzed about when he took the Forum or advanced course.

Hopefully at that point he will come to realize how his involvement in Landmark has derailed his ability to really pursue his dreams.

My experience has been asking questions will usually make more of an impact that telling someone all the reasons why you think what they are doing is bad. Judgments tend to entrench, questions tend to open up a door for introspection.

Good luck.

Thanks for the helpful tips my friend.

My friend became a "introduction leader" a few weeks ago. I swear, landmark has turned him into the most smug, rude, and condescending person i know.

He takes no personal responsibility for what comes out of his mouth. It's quite sad.

Posted by: duxdeluxe ()
Date: April 11, 2008 01:30AM

I know, it can be irritating, the intro leders feel they are special because they were chosen to lead the intros.

The funny thing about Landmark is that for an organization that prides itself in "authenticity" I have found zero accountability from the leadership. It is also not terribly authentic. I went to a friends graduation a few weeks ago. He had the same Forum leader I had had 10 years eariler. I was struck by how her spiels was virtually identical to waht she had said at my graduation. I literally knew the next words that were coming out of her mouth. 10 years had gone by and no growth? No new insights. Just a rote "inspiratinal" sales pitch. How authentic is that?

Just keep getting your buddy to look at the cracks but do it with out judging. The key is to get him to acknowledge that his ego is driving him to want to move up the Landmark foodchain. If he responds that it is about helping others, ask him how much of him is in the help he is giving and how much is him just regurgitating what Landmark has given him to say?

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.