Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: nettie taking on the role of a LGAT troll/apologist -based on landmark
Posted by: nettie ()
Date: March 27, 2008 06:51AM

that is why we play this game - for outsiders and insiders to get a taste of what is going on inside.

Zorro: hope you are doing ok! I really want you to get back your old self...I bet it was a pretty good self - right?

Let us play some apologist again;

"I can't believe this nettie is allowed to spread her shit around! It is really obnoxious! All she wants is to be right - she is just running her racket and she needs to wake up! She is just unhappy with her own life and now she finds someone to blame; Landmark - she is just using landmark to get back for all her past experiences. Nettie! Wake up - make a choice to let the past be the past! Why do you blame landmark for your own shortcomings? You need to chill out!"

Nettie: oh, we sure did have some serious problems with people on the outside - why didn't they just "take the forum"? Then they would understand....

nettie

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 27, 2008 07:28AM

I was never a forum leader - oh how I would have liked to be one! The sense of power they must feel must be the greatest boast to their low self-esteem. I think forum leaders are powerless people that have found a way to feel powerful. Otherwise they would not make it to that level. I think that the personality of a forum leader is one that feels all is lost - I can give up my own self for this landmark self. "I am truly bankrupt as a human being and why wouldn't I give that up for something better"...so I think all forum leaders are sociopaths...they cannot relate to other human beings...they distance themselves from their own (hurt) inner child to the point where they take on a fake identity. And the fake identity is held in place by landmark rules and regulations as to how they are supposed to behave.

Re: nettie taking on the role of a LGAT troll/apologist -based on land
Posted by: mydogfido ()
Date: March 28, 2008 11:30PM

Yeah, Nettie, I was just playing along. But the part about the friend is true. I nearly went for it until I got more 'educated' by reading on various websites. Luckily, my friend is not pushing me but she laments the fact that she couldn't get me to sign up. She seems to take it as a personal failure that I did not do the forum. She pulls stuff like, because she could not get me to do the forum, my life, my children's lives and those of countless others will be less fulfilled. Blech!

The question I posed is legit -- it would be one I would ask.

When I counter my friend with sites that describe what goes on in Landmark Forum, she says it was not like that for her.
It seems perfectly obvious to me that what I read all over the internet is true about Landmark. Story after story about lost lives and most of all, lost money, because of this sham.

Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: March 31, 2008 07:18AM

landmark teaches its victims that everybody will get a different result
from everybody else, because people are brainwashed if someone
"wakes up" to what landmark actually is , if they were to tell someone
in landmark that is what it is their reply is that they got what they wanted
from the forum and the other person got what they wanted.

it keep people from getting together and discussing any issues they may have.

Posted by: Fishbulb ()
Date: March 31, 2008 09:29AM

Nettie, I love this! If I know anyone wanting to get into this crap, I'll refer them to this thread.

(Sorry I can't "play", I can't think of anything that you haven't covered!)

Thanks for doing this!

Posted by: yutolia ()
Date: April 16, 2008 03:07AM

Yutolia as forum attendee: Nettie, when I was a child my father used to beat my mother, me, and the dog. We were all in the hospital for quite a bit of the time. How can I get over this and get on with my life?

Yutolia as normal person: Of course none of this is true! :)

Date: April 16, 2008 04:43AM

yutolia
Yutolia as forum attendee: Nettie, when I was a child my father used to beat my mother, me, and the dog. We were all in the hospital for quite a bit of the time. How can I get over this and get on with my life?

Yutolia as normal person: Of course none of this is true! :)

You are such a whimp! You need need to enroll your dog into the forum right now! Stop blaming the hospital for all your problems! Call up your dog and tell it to "get off it!" ...you are actually causing your dog (who is probably dead by now) to suffer...and it is all your fault since you are running your racket on your father, mother, your self and your dog...I think I have met the only person on earth that I cannot help...please get out of my sight...you are ...you are...you are really ok as you are...you are completete and whole....just calm down and relax...I will soon hypnotize you into believing that you are the dog...and the dog is you...part of the same mess...

Psst! Are you asleep yet? Please call yourself and enroll your ass into the forum.

nettie
a somewhat disturbed entity that is pretty hypnotized by itself...

PS Of course all of this is true...the reality of a landmark robot's mental existence is even worse than the circular logic I have described above

Posted by: Lekkie ()
Date: April 19, 2008 06:31AM

Nettie - I recently did the Landmark Forum, and at the same time I was inspired and intimidated by it - not sure which I experienced more to this day....

I've been invited to do the Advanced Course, but I'm not sure what to expect yet on the other side I see that most people who have done it, experience improved confidence in their personal lives, at work, have gotten rid of jobs they never thought could get rid of, gotten better ones - all stuff that appeals to me since I lack that courage to do some of the things I've seen people do as a result of attending the Advanced Course.

You say you've been exposed to their experience/knowledge more than anyone here - what happened that had you stop participating? Did something bad or evil happened as a result of your actions and would you be willing to post it here, since I am also concerned about proceeding with the Advanced Course, as I don't know what to expect, so I'm looking for a balanced view of things if you can provide it for my super-analytical mind.

Thanks
lekkie (I picked this acronym because I saw someone use it to describe LGAT participants and thought it was funny :)

Date: April 20, 2008 04:50AM

Hi Lekkie, good of you to come here.

I will tell you a few very disturbing stories from my landmark experiences;

1 - a friend suffered psychosis after taking part in the advanced course - she was kicked out of the course by local management. There are a few others I know that broke down totally. It may not have happened to you yet but may happen later if you continue their courses

2 - I enrolled a person into the landmark courses and he ended up hanging himself after suffering depression after taking a few courses with landmark. It is very common that you feel high in the beginning and the fall down quite low. Landmark courses triggers off bipolar disease for some people

3 - I met an ex wife of a forum leader. She had to flee from her home. While he was trained to become a forum leader she didn't like what she saw they did to him - the did some very stressing physical exercises to break down his will. He came back to the hotelroom he was totally exhausted. They made him do the same thing the day after.
He was shifting unwillingly by his forum leader personĂ¡ and his normal self. She didn't approve but her husband and other forum leaders tried to break her. Her husband said that he would like to kill her - but he couldn't because then his landmark life would be over. So she fled from her husband and she is still scared that they will find her and try to break her down mentally. That is their last resort. Make a person go insane. You kill them mentally.
This is the scariest thing I have seen. There are a lot of other things I ciuld tell you.

My advice is to say no - I am happy with what I have gotten so far. People that witness about successes do that to enroll others - they train to share in a way that make it sound like the courses are just fine. They are not. They are cleverly construed mind control schemes.

You may have found the first course useful - and I will not say that you can't learn anything useful there. Some good things must exist - they cannot sell pure garbage. But the further you get into it the more you have to give up yourself and become a landmark "robot".

So stay away and save yourself some trouble

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2008 04:56AM by nettie.

Date: April 20, 2008 05:05AM

I have to add that of course no one talks about the bad results. They make sure you hear the seemingly good results. A lot of people make hasty decisions about quitting jobs and breaking up relationships. Landmark instilles a feeling tht you have to do things NOW. Or else you are just running your racket or strong suit.

So even the good results may end up on the bad side after a while. You may regret that you made a decision while under the landmark spell.

I bought a car that was too expensive for me. But during my time in landmark I trained to share about buying that car as a success story - I later didn't like that I lost a lot of money. But in landmark world you are not supposed to complain - that would make what you complain about a reality. So you start trying to control your negative thoughts in absurdum. After some time you become a super control freak.

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.