An intro into Landmark
Posted by: clickingaround ()
Date: June 10, 2004 05:16AM

June 4 2004 9:07 am Landmark Education Center, Alexandria Virginia

"Hi I am Joe DiMaggio..............and get over it !" Laughter erupts from the audience members. The stage is set literally.

This is the “story” of my experience with the Landmark Forum. It is something I must tell… its affects on my cognitive process was very surreal and somewhat scary. I’ll describe my experience in detail throughout the week. :o

An intro into Landmark
Posted by: elena ()
Date: June 10, 2004 01:19PM

We're all ears.

Ellen

An intro into Landmark
Date: June 11, 2004 02:47AM

May 26 2004 10:20pm Bikram Yoga Studio Washington D.C.

I meet a friend after sweating in a 115 degree room for an hour and a half; it’s what I normally accomplish 4 to 5 days a week. After yoga I have a conversation with my friend about life - its problems, and during this conversation the Landmark Forum is mentioned. The tone about the course is very positive and I ultimately decide to register for the Landmark Forum without doing any homework whatsoever.

An intro into Landmark
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: June 11, 2004 07:10AM

It is human nature to trust people like friends. Recommendations and word-of-mouth advertising are the preferred ways people find all kinds of products and services.

An intro into Landmark
Date: June 11, 2004 10:20AM

June 10 2004 10:00 My Apartment

I have considered posting a lengthy diatribe about my experience at Landmark Forum but have decided against it so I can move forward and place this experience as the one thing that “didn’t happen” in my life. I am bordering on being truly pissed off about all the subversive and coercive activities that Landmark performs. I am grateful that I came upon this site, albeit a tad late. I still intend to seek out organizations that can enhance my life as I feel that without community there is no true sense of self. I am glad I “got it”. Sadness and compassion goes out to those that are affected by the outcome of the Tuesday evening graduation event. I know life isn’t perfect and people make mistakes.

I can’t help but think about the coarse modification meeting conversations that are postulated by Landmark Executive Staffers. “How can we gain more converts with this program?” It’s a very scary conversation.

I have a request for members of this board. Is there any group that directly confronts Landmark and its activities? If not I think there is a need for such an organization. Service in this area would be a value to any community.

I want to personally thank Rick Ross for the fair and balanced content within this site. His personal dedication is very apparent.

Peace,

Jim

An intro into Landmark
Date: June 11, 2004 04:26PM

If you missed it:

[www.ctyme.com]

Ellen

An intro into Landmark
Posted by: Alexis ()
Date: June 11, 2004 10:01PM

Sorry you had the misfortune of attending their forum. Just remember everything they say is complete crap. I just feel sorry for the ones who think there is something to actually learn.

clickingaround
I have a request for members of this board. Is there any group that directly confronts Landmark and its activities? If not I think there is a need for such an organization. Service in this area would be a value to any community.

Other than Rick's site and others personal sites, there is no organization that confronts them directly. landmark's knee-jerk reaction is to sue anyone whom discredits them. But I also agree that such an organization is needed.

An intro into Landmark
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: June 12, 2004 09:38PM

I have considered posting a lengthy diatribe about my experience at Landmark Forum but have decided against it so I can move forward and place this experience as the one thing that “didn’t happen” in my life. I am bordering on being truly pissed off about all the subversive and coercive activities that Landmark performs.

Getting your information out either by writing or telling someone is very healing. You don't have to do it here, but for many people, what happens in LF can be so upsetting, it's almost the same as grieving when it's all done. It's an emotional processing that makes it easier to move on. Your account will help others make up their minds about attending an LGAT, too.

I wish I knew of such an organization. I'm planning on writing my state's attorney general's office with a request to at least be aware what's going on with LGATs. With the internet offering the means to talk to many people, more and more people are being heard and maybe someone who can actually do something will take notice.

An intro into Landmark
Posted by: socrates ()
Date: June 13, 2004 12:40AM

I'm in total agreement with that. 20 years ago we didn't have this board. There was no way to compare notes with others who had a critical perception of the LGATs. The LGATs are sneaky about installing a belief, or I guess you could call it an "implant", that is if you are unhappy with their program, it is because there is something deeply wrong with you (never with them, because they "know what works"). The more upset you are, the more that proves how wrong you are and how right they are. Follow this nasty mind virus ? You feeling critical=them being right. If you pay CLOSE attention to the way they nest hypnotic states, you will discover that that is their FIRST order of business. Install belief that your negative internal signals should make you more critical of YOURSELF, not of them.

Observe the hypnotic suggestion at work in this statement:

"but have decided against it so I can move forward " is the hypnotic equivalent of saying [not complaining = moving forward]. In ESTspeak this was encoded as "forwarding the action". Thinking the way they wanted you to think "forwarded the action". Thinking for yourself was an "upset that didn't forward the action". Really thining for yourself was a "Fuck You".

I would submit that the most mind cleansing thing you could do, and the clearest path to true foreward is to wite it all out as thoroughly and sequentially as you can possibly remember and explicitly describe any suggestion, wording, or programming that hooked you on any level. The act of bringing it into full consciousness and discussing the particulars with others who have been there and gotten themselves unstuck will get you unstuck too. It is the best way to free your mind.

An intro into Landmark
Date: June 13, 2004 06:02AM

Yes,

"belief," post-hypnotic suggestion, "embed," "implant," "programming," auto-suggestion, all describe the information that the Landmark leaders are able to instill in their true believers and what these suggestions turn into is often a type of false-memory syndrome or post-tramatic stress reaction quite common and easily accomplished with people in therapy preyed upon by unscrupulous, misguided, or manipulative practitioners. While these techniqes can be therapeutic and beneficial in ordinary therapy, in the hands of people like the Landmark leaders they are used to frighten, disorient, destabilize, and control.

I suspect "clickingaround" may have internalized some admonishment concerning speaking ill of Landmark. That to do so would make him/her a whiner or loser, or the ultimate Landmark insult, a "victim." So many people accept the Landmark programming, that if they were unhappy or didn't "get it," they were the ones at fault and by logical extension, defective in some way. This particular programming has been remakably successful for both Werner Erhard and L. Ron Hubbard. They both joked about their followers rarely suing them because they were programmed to believe everything bad that happened to them was entirely, 100% their own fault.

Ellen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.