Marked progress in my recovery from Landmark!
Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: March 11, 2008 02:20PM

This week I traveled to see an old friend in Illinois that I haven't seen since before my Landmark experience. She has known me very well for 10 years, and just happens to be a mental health professional on top of that. While we were chatting we started asking each other if we've noticed any changes in each other. I was astonished when she told me that I'm still the same Zorro she's always known. That makes me feel very good and shows how much I've deprogrammed myself since leaving Landmark. She, a trained professional, couldn't see anything squirly about me! If she had she would have told me, she is more worried about my wellbeing than offending me.

She also told me that when I called her while I was in Landmark "to get complete" about the way I was feeling about our friendship at the time that she was "very hurt by it". This made me think....How many people that get those "getting complete" phone calls from people in Landmark are left feeling hurt by the whole process? I bet there are more than one would think. To me those completion phone calls are just one more way to damage very good relationships and therefore become even more reliant on the group for support.

Anyway, having my close friend tell me that I'm like the old Zorro really makes me feel good about my recovery process and is just one more great big "FUCK YOU" to Lanmark Education. This also serves as notice to Landmark, that their shity so called "technology" really can't stick with a person if the person decides to get well. I also wan't this personal experience of mine to give comfort to those who are recovering from Landmark or have loved ones recovering from Landmark, that there is hope and light at the end of the tunnel and it isn't a speeding train that will squash you. It's the light of day and to not be afraid because you too can do it and recover.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marked progress in my recovery from Landmark!
Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: March 11, 2008 02:50PM

Zorro
This week I traveled to see an old friend in Illinois that I haven't seen since before my Landmark experience. She has known me very well for 10 years, and just happens to be a mental health professional on top of that. While we were chatting we started asking each other if we've noticed any changes in each other. I was astonished when she told me that I'm still the same Zorro she's always known. That makes me feel very good and shows how much I've deprogrammed myself since leaving Landmark. She, a trained professional, couldn't see anything squirly about me! If she had she would have told me, she is more worried about my wellbeing than offending me.

She also told me that when I called her while I was in Landmark "to get complete" about the way I was feeling about our friendship at the time that she was "very hurt by it". This made me think....How many people that get those "getting complete" phone calls from people in Landmark are left feeling hurt by the whole process? I bet there are more than one would think. To me those completion phone calls are just one more way to damage very good relationships and therefore become even more reliant on the group for support.

Anyway, having my close friend tell me that I'm like the old Zorro really makes me feel good about my recovery process and is just one more great big "FUCK YOU" to Lanmark Education. This also serves as notice to Landmark, that their shity so called "technology" really can't stick with a person if the person decides to get well. I also wan't this personal experience of mine to give comfort to those who are recovering from Landmark or have loved ones recovering from Landmark, that there is hope and light at the end of the tunnel and it isn't a speeding train that will squash you. It's the light of day and to not be afraid because you too can do it and recover.

YIPPPEEEEE! - I am jumping for joy at this good report, Zorro...i really am happy for you.

Good Post! - the is good news for all people trying to escape the clutches of the Landmark, and BAD news for Landmark!!!

Thanks, and regards,
~Shad

Re: Marked progress in my recovery from Landmark!
Posted by: nettie ()
Date: March 12, 2008 01:39AM

great!

go for it Zorro! And relax - you are off the hook!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.