Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: March 12, 2008 07:25AM

both :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Working for free for Landmark - an unpaid "butler" to a Forum leader
Posted by: nettie ()
Date: March 12, 2008 02:41PM

sonnie_dee
I don't know how I survived so long on so little sleep as often I was in at work at 7am and wouldn't leave till 1 or 2am

Sleep deprivation is one element in brain washing/mond control. If you don't sleep properly you loose your critical thinking. In Landmark world all project are supposed to be "unreasonable". Usually this means that the participants in
the project are driven to the max. Sleep becomes a not prioritized thing.

The Forum itself is based a lot around making people not getting enough sleep. Lot of staff members burn out or "go crazy" due to lack of sleep.

I have seen Forum leaders almost pass out during breaks because they are tired. Forum leaders have a very tough schedule.

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: March 12, 2008 03:25PM

Nettie
Sleep deprivation is one element in brain washing/mond control. If you don't sleep properly you loose your critical thinking. In Landmark world all project are supposed to be "unreasonable". Usually this means that the participants in
the project are driven to the max. Sleep becomes a not prioritized thing.

The Forum itself is based a lot around making people not getting enough sleep. Lot of staff members burn out or "go crazy" due to lack of sleep.

I have seen Forum leaders almost pass out during breaks because they are tired. Forum leaders have a very tough schedule

absolutely correct Nettie, alot of staff members burn out. Most staff leave before six months is up. I lasted 18 months but more out of stuborness then anything else. In my time on staff I watched many staff come and go including centre managers.

I remember before one landmark forum we were down by a staff member, our forum leader had "fired" both course supervisors and the replacements we found and the forum leader, myself and the centre manager worked until the very early hours of the friday morning putting names in name tags and getting everything ready. I then went home and was back at work at 6.30am to prepare further.

Date: March 12, 2008 03:41PM

Patrick in answer to your question I do need to keep somethings out of the picture just because people could work out who I was other wise

As an assistant before I was on staff I was a course leader support which is basically the unapid butler. You picked up the forum leader, shopped and cooked for them, did administration tasks they asked for. took their laundry to a laundrimat

I also acted as a communication assitant, these are the team members who call people who have registered on the course, and go through the script, they also call to remind them that they need to pay and finally just before the course starts to let them know all the practicalities etc

I assisted on several courses at the back at the room, during breaks we were expected to tidy up the room, make sure that name tags were straight, that board work was impecable etc. We also did what ever we were asked.

I was a introduction leader and lead introductions in peoples homes as well as at evening sessions.

I assisted on the business and finance team a little from time to time and this was basically doing the banking and book work

As a staff member I actually did quite a few roles, some at the same time. I was registrar which means once a person registered the person was under me until the course started, it was my job to make sure they got their forms in, paid and turned up. I had to make sure i had full teams of communicators to call and cover all the official calls.

Anyone who wanted to withdraw had to have a conversation with me and my job was to basically turn them around and keep them in the course. I did this for every course landmark offered over the time I was on staff. Primarily I did the landmark forum.

I had to read every form and where necessary call particpants to deilver the recommendation that they not participate.

I was also a enrolment manager which means I was responsible for ensuring that we got enough people registered into the forum, advance course, SELP, communication programmes etc. over the time I worked there I did every course.

I was participation manager which is the person who is responsible for seminars, registraions, seminar leaders, teams etc.

I was also TMLP manager which means that I was responsible for the Team management and leadership programme adn the participants in the centre. I had to make sure that the team members were doing their assisting, turning up to classrooms and weekends. I also went to the weekends and classrooms. Weekends were in a different country so had to fly there, spend the weekend working and then fly home late sunday night and be back at work on the monday.

Our office didn't have a reception so my job was bascialy answering the phone all day (thus I worked long hours to get my other job done)

I was responsible for the assisting programme which means I had to take everyone through an orientation to ensure they understood what the assisting programme is (the landmark version of what it is that means)

I generally worked long hours, with out breaks and did this 6 days a week. I officially had Sundays off but when ever there was a course I had to be there on the Sunday night usually.

As a staff member we were expected to learn alot of stuff to be certified, we met every week and would basically learn a document off by heart.

Date: March 13, 2008 10:31AM

did u ever know anything about the forum for children. i have never ever heard anyone it seems talk about it.
basically i was told years ago thats just the forum for adults but with children attending instead of.

and what about the forum for clergy ?

Posted by: nettie ()
Date: March 13, 2008 02:31PM

sonnie_dee
Patrick in answer to your question I do need to keep somethings out of the picture just because people could work out who I was other wise

I respect you wanting to protect your identity. My identity is not known here but in my country my real identity is known. They know who I am and that I’ve had some success in fighting them. I have received only one phone call from an exfriend/landmarker who tried to scare me into silence. So I think ex members should not be afraid to speak up publically using their real identity. As long as you are merely stating your opinion and do not publically expose any copyrighted material there is very little the can do. And it seems Landmark does understand that they don’t want to add to the conversation by harassing people. They try to sue sometimes but they will seldom win. But of course sonnie_dee you have been very deep into the organization.

Keep it up! Let us bring them down country by country. Let’s fight them where it hurts!
People in all countries – spread the word. Inform media – media attacks really work.
(this is to be taken humorously)

nettie
an ex-introdcution leader who enrolled a friend who ended up hanging himself after Landmark destroyed his life

Date: March 16, 2008 12:51PM

Patrick Darcy
did u ever know anything about the forum for children. i have never ever heard anyone it seems talk about it.
basically i was told years ago thats just the forum for adults but with children attending instead of.

and what about the forum for clergy ?

Yes I know a fair amount about the landmark forum for children and young people. Essentially it is the same forum although alot of isn't needed or can be done quickly simply because children don't have the same life experiences and like it or not children brain wash easier then adults

The forum for children is for kids aged 8 to 12 and young persons is for 12/13 to 17 year olds.

when I was on staff I had a friend whose two kids did the childrens forum, she swore by it and said it had made the best difference in her kids however in my opinion it allowed the kids to manipulate her more because they used the lingo

Of couse landmark pushes the fact that once a child has done the childrens forum they should do the young persons forum when they are a teen and then the adult forum after 18 to ensure they really benefit from the landmark technologies.

as for the forum for clery. Its not that there is a special forum for clery, they get the same one as everyone else however if the church wanted to have one with just clergy there or someone wanted it they would do it. i heard a rumour about forum for clery a while ago I don't know if it ever went ahead. I do know that some clergy and church people have done the forum but they have just participated in one with normal every day people

nettie
I respect you wanting to protect your identity. My identity is not known here but in my country my real identity is known. They know who I am and that I’ve had some success in fighting them. I have received only one phone call from an exfriend/landmarker who tried to scare me into silence. So I think ex members should not be afraid to speak up publically using their real identity. As long as you are merely stating your opinion and do not publically expose any copyrighted material there is very little the can do. And it seems Landmark does understand that they don’t want to add to the conversation by harassing people. They try to sue sometimes but they will seldom win. But of course sonnie_dee you have been very deep into the organization.

Unfortunately as an ex paid staff member I have signed legal agreements that cover more then the copyrighted materials. I have saught legal opinion on this and was told to be very careful. Unfortunately the implications of my identity being found out are a lot more serious given the size of the country I live in. Worse for the fact that the state owned enterprise I work for is in the portfolio of a minister of the cabinet who has done landmark and is pro-landmark

They may seldom win in a law suit however the reality is that should they sue me they would financially ruin me even if they didn't win and that is not a price I can afford to pay right now.

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: March 17, 2008 12:22AM

sonnie_dee
Yes I know a fair amount about the landmark forum for children and young people. Essentially it is the same forum although alot of isn't needed or can be done quickly simply because children don't have the same life experiences and like it or not children brain wash easier then adults

The forum for children is for kids aged 8 to 12 and young persons is for 12/13 to 17 year olds.

when I was on staff I had a friend whose two kids did the childrens forum, she swore by it and said it had made the best difference in her kids however in my opinion it allowed the kids to manipulate her more because they used the lingo

I recall my FL, Lonnie Mac Laughlin, explaining that the children's forum was much shorter because, unlike adults, they don't argue, they pay attention, and have much more integrity than we do. They do the CF in half the time and then the kids go and share it with their parents. What a great way to advertise another seminar while at the same time humiliating your audience for being a bunch of idiots.

Re: Working for free for Landmark - an unpaid "butler" to a Forum lead
Posted by: elena ()
Date: March 17, 2008 01:18AM

Hope

I recall my FL, Lonnie Mac Laughlin, explaining that the children's forum was much shorter because, unlike adults, they don't argue, they pay attention, and have much more integrity than we do. They do the CF in half the time and then the kids go and share it with their parents. What a great way to advertise another seminar while at the same time humiliating your audience for being a bunch of idiots.

Somewhere along the line someone must have whispered in Werner's ear. "Get them while they're young" has been a directive since the Jesuits crowed: "Give us a child to the age of eight and we'll have him for life."

Ellen

Date: March 20, 2008 12:11PM

sonnie-dee

i have this question for u.

what was and is your opinion of the empowerment process.

do u recall it and did people wail and scream and cry at any of the forums u
were at as a worker or assistant.

Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.