Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Landmarks obsessivness with socalled INTEGRITY
Posted by: nettie ()
Date: February 24, 2008 05:25PM

In landmark world you have to live your life with INTEGRITY. Integrity does not mean the same as in the normal world. In landmark world it means to live in alignment with YOUR WORD. If you say something you have to live it.

An example; I may say that "I AM THE POSSIBILITY OF WORLD PEACE" - then I have to live by that standard all the time. I cannot do anything that goes against that. If I do something that is not in line with WHO I AM AS A POSSIBILITY my INTEGRITY is broken. I have no power. So if I would have a quarrel with my spouse that would not be in line with who I want to be so I have to clear it up immedieately to get back into INTEGRITY.

Of course it would be nice to experience world peace but the way you are brainwashed in landmark makes it impossible to live your every day ordinary life. What would you do with the actual conflict that are present in the world today? Should you go down to Kenya to stifle the upsets down there? Where does my responsibility end? It becomes a stressful situation in your mind where it is impossible to get it working for you. So to keep your sanity you would probably have to let go of the original possibility to take on something a little smaller. The problem is that whatever possibility you are it is impossible to have it come through if not everybody on the planet takes on the same mindgame. That's way Tom Cruise thinks that they have the only solution. He actually believes it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Landmarks obsessivness with socalled INTEGRITY
Posted by: muzak ()
Date: February 28, 2008 03:33AM

Oh yeah, my buddy would talk about that all the time, being in integrity. The ironic thing was, this person was anything but, he would lie constantly to his significant other. Landmark or the idea that life is empty and meaningless, seemed to make it easier for my pal to do such things.

Posted by: elena ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:06AM

muzak
Oh yeah, my buddy would talk about that all the time, being in integrity. The ironic thing was, this person was anything but, he would lie constantly to his significant other. Landmark or the idea that life is empty and meaningless, seemed to make it easier for my pal to do such things.

Yup. That's how it works. If the person lied to feels hurt, betrayed, or taken advantage of it's just their "interpretation" or they are making themselves a "victim." In the ~empty-&-meaninglessness~ of it all, there is no social or ethical constraint at Landmark, except amongst other Landmarkers, of course. The fact is that Landmarkers are induced to believe that, since they create their own reality, they can create whatever "truth" they choose and if the other person has some complaint about it, well, that's just their tough luck.

Ellen

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: March 03, 2008 04:04PM

Landmark really messed with the word integrity so much so that even now I don't really connect the word integrity to the most comonly held meaning.

I tend to use the word ethical when really I mean integrity for example I am a manager of staff who make sales and every other manager talks to their team about making sales with integrity where as I talk with my team about ethical sales.

I remember doing integrity files as a staff member and they were the most painful things we had to do. we had to write down everything we were 'out' integrity on and share with our managers what we had written we then had to apologise to others impacted and create possibility.

Centre managers were horrible to be around when they were doing their integrity files. I remember our manager was just plain nasty at times, he would yell at us and belittle us regularly. in fact given the number of centre managers we went through all of them were like that when they were doing their integrity files.

I remember David Miles and one other landmark forum leader blaming me and our centre manager for failing to meet the required stats after a landmark forum. on both occasions we were told that it was due to our integrity being out. We were coached and coached until we had found the 'out' integrity and then coached and coached until we generated a new possibility.

ugh... I am certainly glad I am not in that environment now. I am successful in my job. i have a great manager who acknowledges good work and really works on building up her staff. I try and build up my team and on the whole I have a team of 13 people who are successful in what they do.

Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: March 05, 2008 03:51PM

I hear you on the integrity thing. I don't think I ever lost the real meaning of pre Landmark understanding of integrity. But I'm careful about the context in which I use it. My word of annoyance is "possibility" I get edgy evertime I hear the word. When I hear it, I immediately key in on it like a Coon Dog on a Coon hunt. One whiff of the word "possibility" and I'm all over it trying to findout where they are coming from with it and how it's being used.

All I heard in Landmark was possibility.....possibility......possibility

Posted by: elena ()
Date: March 05, 2008 10:50PM

sonnie_dee

I remember doing integrity files as a staff member and they were the most painful things we had to do. we had to write down everything we were 'out' integrity on and share with our managers what we had written we then had to apologise to others impacted and create possibility.

Centre managers were horrible to be around when they were doing their integrity files. I remember our manager was just plain nasty at times, he would yell at us and belittle us regularly. in fact given the number of centre managers we went through all of them were like that when they were doing their integrity files.

I remember David Miles and one other landmark forum leader blaming me and our centre manager for failing to meet the required stats after a landmark forum. on both occasions we were told that it was due to our integrity being out. We were coached and coached until we had found the 'out' integrity and then coached and coached until we generated a new possibility.

This sounds just like scientology. I suspect it's a direct lift. In the earlier years, Werner Erhard hired scientologists to adapt material in addition to his own "borrowing" from the mother cult.

It turns into a self-censoring mechanism, according to the scientologists who have written about it, because they eventually train themselves to stop thinking about anything they might have to endure another "sec-check" to eradicate.

It's no wonder an earlier observer, Joost Meerloo, called this type of thing a "rape of the mind.*"

Ellen

*The Rape of the Mind the Psychology of Thought Control, Menticide, and Brainwashing by Joost A. M. Meerloo, 1956

Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: March 10, 2008 02:45AM

what i find very interesting in this day and time is that if someone is physically
raped (some) people would be become upset about it and act . now if someone
has their mind raped then that seems to be perfectly acceptable to many people.

landmark basically changes the meanings of words to suit themselves
and then they preach it doesnt mean anything.

if it didnt mean anything then the cults wouldnt do it.

Posted by: curled ()
Date: March 15, 2008 04:40AM

Just wanted to share a letter I received from a fellow MIll 3 follower in arguement about how I think this is all BS! His many uses of "possiblity and integrity" What a joke!

Your too much, You do realize that these course have even been attended by the likes of Oprah and Dr. Phil and over 2.5 million others.

Your research is slanted and I am not here to convince you otherwise. Maybe one day you will do things for yourself instead of taking other peoples word for it. Until then, you will not be a happy person.

Your not worried for xxx at all, your worried for you. You feel like you may not be in his life after this I am sure. And by the looks of your attitude it's doubtful you will be. And who knows, maybe you don't want to be, if that's the case, then your really wasting your time with these emails. But that will be for you and xxx to determine. Of course you would think the worse, its your character. It like the old saying goes, Think you can, think you can't, either way your right. The "mind fuck" is your not understanding how important it is to be a person of integrity and cherishing the people in your life. I am certain he wants you to be one of these people, but not with your current attitude.

Your probably right, xxx is a natural leader and he may decide to take the leadership course. And he may very well ask some people what they would think about attending, so what does that mean to you? More time away from xxx, sulking and thinking the world is out to get you. Or does it mean that xxx sees the value of what he has gone through. Does that mean cult to you, or brainwashing ... of course it does right?

If you really want to know the essence of the course I can sum it up in one statement: Live life like your dying.

What does that mean to you?

So try to live in possibility xxx, try and live in the thought that this is the best thing for xxx, just try. Imagine all the things that you didn't like about xxx he now doesn't like about himself. What would that look like. Just try and think in possibility. Don't close your mind to that. Now, what does that look like to you, try.

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: March 15, 2008 02:02PM

curled
Just wanted to share a letter I received from a fellow MIll 3 follower in arguement about how I think this is all BS! His many uses of "possiblity and integrity" What a joke!

Your too much, You do realize that these course have even been attended by the likes of Oprah and Dr. Phil and over 2.5 million others.

Your research is slanted and I am not here to convince you otherwise. Maybe one day you will do things for yourself instead of taking other peoples word for it. Until then, you will not be a happy person.

I'm happy you simple-minded bastards got run out of three countries and have to constantly lie to yourslves about what it is your organisation does and where it came from.

If I lived every day as if I were dying, there wouldn't be enough ammo for you cowards!

I'm happy knowing I practice psychotherapy legally and ethically, and you don't, and you never will be completely legit. AND I get to make a living from your drop-outs who get to do it correctly the second go-round.

I'm happy LE provides me with a source of income. Your tears and volunteers and pain, and damage...are my gain!

Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: March 15, 2008 03:08PM

curled

If you really want to know the essence of the course I can sum it up in one statement: Live life like your dying.

Better yet as an ex-Lekkie, I'll sum it up for the idiot that wrote to Curled...."Live life like your dying."......Damn right! Once you take those courses and get involved with those organizations...."Your life is over, you really are dying!!! And it's a slow numbing death."

Also a typical response from a Zombie looking for creds, they start name dropping to gain legitimacy. Funny thing is a lot of people think Oprah and Dr. Phil are jokes. More prime time Pop Psychologists if you ask me.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.