Discovery Training - haven for sex offenders and criminals?
Posted by: Enviro_Cop ()
Date: February 18, 2008 06:26AM

I read in another thread that Vlinden commented about consumer protection for LGATs. LGAT are already violating established laws.
My wife related to me that in her group alone there was a man who revealed his "big secret" to the group that he is a child predator. He admitted to felony sexual abuse TO CHILDREN!!!!!!. Another man admitted he was involved in an organized gambling system in Houston.
I was appalled by her response that they are not that way any longer and they are good people. I expressed concern that she is taking our 12 yr old son to Discovery parties, and exposing him to this element of society. Her comment? "I can watch him and we are one big family that watches out for each other, and a Dallas PD officer is in her group also"?
Does that officer have an obligation to report this?

That said, I know this LGAT doesn’t care about consumer protection.
Does Lankmark.... accept and look the other way when people admit crimes?
Just some thoughts

EC

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Discovery Training - haven for sex offenders and criminals?
Posted by: notmuch4games ()
Date: February 27, 2008 02:17AM

Hey EC- Long time no see! I hope this post finds you well. Or at least sane. I am still researching waco LGATs and have spoken to a few ex-members since we last spoke. I think I can offer some insight on your question- From what I've been told the "group" and it's leaders official position is that as long as you are activly involved in the group and are still working on your issues(however sick and abusive-ie CHILD MOLESTERS) they will accept you and "Meet You Where You're At." Even if where you're at is in a child's bedroom when you shouldnt be or at the cock fights gambling away your kid's lunch money, as long as you will accept their BS and keep paying to be verbally and emotionally abused they will tell you that its ok and will accept you whatever you do. I dont think these LGATs care one bit about you OR your family as long as the checks keep coming.
Take care EC. If you need me you know what to do. Hows your boy?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.