Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Landmark can cost you your job.
Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: February 09, 2008 01:39PM

Well, the inevitable fallout of my involvement with Landmark Education continues. Today I lost my job. The company that I worked for asked me to resign from my position. I have never been asked to leave a job before in my entire life. Luckily I have a collefe degree in a technical field that allows me to find work easily. So hopefully, my unemployment situation will only be temorary.

Just to give you an idea of what I lost. I lost what some would consider a dream job. It was a technical sales job for an international corporation. I worked from home, had a virtually unlimited expense account, nice car allowance, company computer, company cell phone, etc. Yes I was set. That is until I crossed paths with Landmark Education.

So how does Landmark fit into this picture. Well those of you who have been reading this forum since late summer know most of my story and how my life started going in the shitter when I left Landmark after realizing they are a cult and were manipulating me as well as everyone else.

For those of you that don't know me and are new here. I got into Landmark because a good friend at the time reccomened that I do the Forum because it could help me be more successful and have a better life. I fell for it hook line and sinker. I joined Landmark in the fall of 2006. Learned their "technology" and upon reccomendation from my instructors decided to use it in my job and on my clients. I didn't recruit any of my clients because I felt uneasy about doing that sort of stuff. Then around March of 2007 my sales went in the toilet. I couldn't close a sale anymore. I was having a difficult time keeping up with my job and things started slipping. But I held on to the belief that everything would turn around for me. But it really never did. Hell I was so far up Landmarks ass I didn't see what was going on and I really didn't care either. Then my girl friend at the time started getting it through my brain washed skull that I wasn't right. Once I woke up and left Landmark the damage had already been done. Then I spiraled down into deep depression that has been with me since June of 2007 when I left. Only recently after months of therapy and finally getting medication things started turning around for me. But it was too late. I was informed towards the end of 2007 by my boss that the company was conerned that I wasn't a good fit for the position. 2008 had started off good for me. I was back on track. Finished closing some new business and I was working my ass off making sales calls. I was in the lead on new business signings and was doing more sales calls that most of the sales staff were doing combined. I thought and felt I had made it and dodged the bullet. I had new business getting ready to drop and my customers were happy with me.

Then today was my day for my yearly review and planning. I talked with my boss first thing this morning about stuff I needed to prepare for my review. A few minuets later he called me back and told me to turn in everything! Up until that time I was looking forward to today. I had on my company dress shirt looking all corporate. I was pumped up about what was going on in my sales territory and I was going to ask for a larger territory because things were going so well.

The point I'm trying to make here. Is that once you get involved with Landmark Education your basically fucked if you stay on past the "Landmark Forum". It will jack up your life so bad that no matter how hard you try you may not be able to recover from it. It will destroy your life as you know it. Once the damage is done it's done there is no repairing it. In the end you will probably be forced to basically start you whole life over again.

Since I joined Landmark I have lost a relationship with a woman that wanted to have my children eventhough she had decided before hand that she was through having kids, I've seen my physical and mental health deteriorate to the point that I've had to be put on medications for various ailments, I've lost friends that we're close to me, incurred debt where there was none before, and screwed up a promising career with a job that most would die for, which I finally lost today.

So here I am sitting at alone by myself in a cold apartment because I can't afford to run the heat wondering when I'm going to find a new job and how I'm going to pay my bills.

Thank you Landmark for helping me obtain this wonderful life! Now I ask this....All you Lekkie mother f**r's out there calling afoul of this posting. Is this the life full of possibility you all want? Read it and weep asshat's because this is what your going to get when it's all said and done. And, for all of you out there that have not taken the Landmark Forum yet, and have friends and realtives wanting you to take it. Pay attention to what I have just written, as well as all of my postings. This is what you may very well have to look forward to if you get involved with Landmark. If your smart you will turn around and run like hell the other way everytime someone tries to recruit you into Landmark. Believe me when I say this...No good will come of it. It's just like getting drunk or high, it might feel great while your doing it, but the hang over is a BITCH!!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Landmark can cost you your job.
Posted by: nettie ()
Date: February 09, 2008 04:06PM

Hi Zorro!

very disturbing to read this. I haven't read all your posts - thanks for summing it up.

I have a similar experience. I did the forum and most courses 1994-98. During that time I tried to apply forum technology in my work. I didn't work at all. I became stressed out and started to loose interest in my job.

Only within landmark walls you can apply their technology and be successful. Which means you end spending more and more time doing free work for landmark (called assisting). You feel powerful there but outside in the real world you feel powerless because people don't understand what breakthrough thinking and all that other landmarkshit is. So people think you are a weirdo. The "solution" is of course to recruit these people into the landmark mess so you can "speak the same language". To understand what is going on an leave landmark takes a lot of guts. They tell you that your life will become the ususal sitting in front of the TV zapping instead of making a difference in the world (they make you think that their work makes a difference - well they ruin a lot of peoples lives).

However I will not say that there are not a few good things that can happen when you take the first course. That becomes the hook for outsiders. But the risk you take when going into the landmark world to redeem you from your problems is a huge one. Lots of people pay by losing their job (as you have) and some loose their life. I recruited my ex:es brother in 1996. He killed himself by hanging in 1998. His behaviour after the first course became a violent one. He was kicked out by his girlfriend. He suffered major depressions. He had two little children.

PS I did'nt loose my job because my father didn't dare to kick me out (I worked for him in a small business). I came into the office late (tired from working at landmark) and left early going to the next landmark assignment.
My life is back on track now. Have a good job and depressions are treated by medication. It has been a long road to get out of the landmark mindset an I sure hope landmark will implode in the near future

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2008 04:14PM by nettie.

Posted by: mydogfido ()
Date: February 10, 2008 09:04AM

I am sorry for both of you. And for the people who have lost loved ones to Landmark.

Please know that your postings help one person feel she definitely "got something out of," NOT going to the Forum. I dodged a bullet, man!

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: February 10, 2008 12:13PM

Hey Zorro, thanks for the update. BTW, would it be possible for your girlfriend to write something on how she managed to get through to you regarding Landmark? This would be super-interesting for a lot of people here.

John

Date: February 10, 2008 05:04PM

She's not much on discussing Landmark and hates it when I mention it too her. She wants me to just forget about it, however that isn't possible.

She's really hard core when it comes to manipulative people and groups. She's no holds barred and doesn't mind getting even. Basically her approach to making me realize I was getting screwed by Landmark was to call me out on all sorts of shit. She made me think and it was hard to do so. There were many times she would bring me to tears. She would observe me and tell me stuff about my actions that would really upset me because what she was saying to me didn't correlate with how I viewed myself. But her repeated prodding started making me think and start questioning things that were going on in my life. Then one day, when I was in the Advanced Communications Course, everything clicked for me and I snapped out of the mind control. It was sudden and intense. Like my subconcious mind finally got through to my concious mind and I came back to a harsh reality.

After that instant it was like wave after wave crashing ashore on a beach. It was intense and very painful mentally. The pain lasted for weeks and only started subsiding when I started posting on here.

But all is not over, I'm still emerging from the Landmark spell. The snapping doesn't happen as often now. I had one on New Year's when I suddenly got an intense desire to focus on my job. Then the loss of my job on Friday (Feb 8th, 2008) caused me to snap again in various positive ways. I was able to close a deal for my ex that will help her in her new business. I developed an intense focus on getting a new job and doing things to make money until I get a new job. One of the biggest snaps is the sudden conclusion and realization to become very very agressive when confronted by people and organizations that try to take advantage of me or have taken advantage of me in the past. I've gone from running away from conflict to welcoming it head on with an intense belief in myself that I will not allow myself to be defeated in any conflict.

It's been a very intersting and intense ride since leaving Landmark, and it isn't over yet. It's like the proverbial box of chocolates, I never know what I'm going to get until it happens.

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: February 11, 2008 09:30PM

Would it be fair to summise that she's counter balanced the LE indoctrination effect with the intensity of her approach to you?

John

Posted by: vlinden ()
Date: February 12, 2008 01:32AM

Zorro,

Give your girlfriend a message from me. She is VERY VERY VERY lucky. She got through to you. I'm so jealous, I can't tell you.

I had to end things once and for all last night with my ex. I wrote him a letter telling him not to contact me, and I won't be contacting him.

Not once since Landmark came between us has he been willing to listen to me, to respect my intelligence or what I know, to take me seriously. Not once has he responded from a mature, adult place. Not once.

I was kind and civil in my note to him, but the truth is I have never been so upset and disgusted and disappointed by another person in my life.

Landmark is a wonderful litmus test for so many human weaknesses and short comings. My ex failed them all.

Date: February 12, 2008 02:19AM

Vlinden,

I am very lucky as well to have her in my life. If it hadn't been for her I might still be in Landmark.

Landmark has a way of taking all sensabilities from a person. Some people are affected differently than others. I too didn't listen. But not just to my girl friend but to another woman that was in my life before my girl friend. The woman had warned me and told me they were a cult and that I didn't need Landmark. I wouldn't listen to her and eventually we had a couple of really bad arguments and we stopped talking for months. Since I left Landmark I've talked with her every so often but the friendship I had with her is permanently damaged.

Landmark can get a tight grip on peoples mind. Especially if they take courses beyond the Forum. As you progress through the "Curriculum For Living" the grip gets tighter and tighter. People drop out along the way but the ones that stay become totally mind fucked. The biggest mind fuck of all in the Curriculum For Living is the "Advanced Course" which comes after "The Forum". The Advanced Course makes The Forum look like Jr. High School compared to College. In the Advanced Course you supposedly get to create who you are, but in reality it's more like the point where the Mem Virus gets thoroughly implanted in your brain. For some it's permanent for others like me it can be fought off but only after leaving Landmark.

Once your ex goes through the Advanced Course he's pretty much gone especially considering the way it sounds like he is currently acting.

I feel sorry for you Vlinden. I can't even imagine what it's like to watch someone you love be taken in by a cult and not be able to get them to realize what is happening. Then to have to leave them because there is no other choice.

But find strength in this and continue on with your life. You have learned some very valuable things that most people that have never been through this sort of stuff can't even understand. Take what your learning and the insite you've gained from this experience and help other avoid the pain you've gone through. Take this stuff and join the battle against Landmark and similar groups. It's a long battle and the victories can be far apart but it's worth it.

Posted by: vlinden ()
Date: February 12, 2008 08:01AM

Well, he's taking the Advanced Course at the end of this month. And there's nothing I can do about it.

Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: February 12, 2008 02:22PM

vlinden
Not once since Landmark came between us has he been willing to listen to me, to respect my intelligence or what I know, to take me seriously. Not once has he responded from a mature, adult place. Not once.

I was kind and civil in my note to him, but the truth is I have never been so upset and disgusted and disappointed by another person in my life.

This perfectly describes what happened between my sister and me. For two and a half years after she got out of the lgat it was like this, until I realized the toll it was taking on me and I "disowned" her (in my mind and actions). Occasionally I check in with her and send her info about lgats, just to see if she's willing to reconsider (though I think I've finally given up even checking anymore). I'd send this to her, but she'd deny it, as she has everything I've sent her for a few years now. She tells me that it was not HER (subjective) experience or intention to be an asshole to me. So, what? That means that she *wasn't* an asshole!? She now acknowledges that she could've done some things better but will not go so far as to attribute the new lgat behavior/persona she had to the lgat. DU-UH!! It's amazing how blind one lgat made her. Since the lgat she's been studying psychology and I had a little bit of hope that maybe, just maybe, she'd see some of what I've been saying about lgats but, no. And so it goes. Until she can see how she was manipuated to betray me, I don't see how I can trust her, and frankly, I don't even like what she has become. I absolutely f*cking HATE the ASSHOLE who "tranceformed" my sister. She seems hopelessly gone. Until she can SEE what happened, I consider her gone. Lost in lgat-land.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.