Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Landmark can cost you your job.
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: February 15, 2008 11:09AM

Zorro I am so sorry you lost your job. I hope you get another one that you enjoy quickly. Unfortunately Landmark has cost alot of people their jobs, their relationships and their friendships. You are taught to give landmark everything and anything that doesn't mesh 100% with landmark is not good.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: freedom fighter ()
Date: February 17, 2008 02:21PM

Zorro,

When I'm down in the dumps it takes a story like yours to kick my ass back on track. I'm sick of the past creaping in and grabbing me always when I've made positive advancements. I always act like I'm the only sucker on the planet with a f**ked up past. The memories of the past are always too intense and I'm left feeling like I'll never make my goals or shed that feeling of failure.

The closer I get to accomplishing something I start hearing what I was always told before leaving the cult. "You're never going to have success. You'll lose everything, your talent, people, no one will want you because you'll be in total darkness forever if you turn your back on us."

Threats and more threats-too many for someone in a single lifetime. I hate it. I mentally rationalize it and say how rediculous, but emotionally a negative implant given to you over and over again seems to take forever to release. People who haven't been emotionally abused don't quite get the pattern. The only way to counter balance it is to put myself out for others. Give support. Then I forget about the hell for awhile.

Giving out is positive-nothing negative can penatrate a helping hand. Only good can result.
ff

Posted by: elena ()
Date: February 17, 2008 11:13PM

freedom fighter

The closer I get to accomplishing something I start hearing what I was always told before leaving the cult. "You're never going to have success. You'll lose everything, your talent, people, no one will want you because you'll be in total darkness forever if you turn your back on us."

It's amazing how many people believe their souls will burn in hell if they don't toe the party line of their own particular religion. The gurus, popes, and holy-men figured out this trick eons ago. Scientologists are told they will become diseased if they read their own sacred scriptures out of order. Jehovah Witnesses are convinced they will suffer an eternity if they are transfused with blood from the Red Cross. The "awareness" groups use the same trick but "your life won't work" seems to do it without resorting to lakes of fire or invisible demons. It's silly beyond words. Of course it's also worked for hundreds of years. We are a nervous species and worried people are an easy sell. Just ask an insurance salesman who has probably been trained to, subtly or not-so-subtly, suggest all sorts of dire ~possibilities.~

Ellen

Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: February 18, 2008 05:16AM

freedom fighter
Zorro,

When I'm down in the dumps it takes a story like yours to kick my ass back on track. I'm sick of the past creaping in and grabbing me always when I've made positive advancements. I always act like I'm the only sucker on the planet with a f**ked up past. The memories of the past are always too intense and I'm left feeling like I'll never make my goals or shed that feeling of failure.

Freedom Fighter,

I know where your coming from. I felt alone and like I wasn't ever going to accomplish anything after leaving Landmark. I felt like I had been taken advantage of mentally and financially.

But I eventually started pulling myself back up. I'm a fighter, stubborn, and once I really set my mind to something I lock on to it like a heat seeking missile. It took me several months but I finally started pulling my self out of the hole I dug at work and finished the year of pretty well. I totally kicked ass after the first of the year. By the time I lost my job I was already 33% of the way to meeting my yearly goal of new business signings and making significant progress in business renewals. The dollar value of my territory actually grew by about 20% last year during all of my turmoil.

When I lost my job I immediatly kicked my self in overdrive looking for a job and ways to make money until I find a new and better job. While brainstorming I came up with an idea for two business and have started putting them together. I even rekindled an old idea I came up with back in December. So now I have a total of three viable business ideas in less than a week. I even partnered with a friend of mine on one of them.

So Freedom Fighter, don't let what happened to you get you down. I know it may sound cliche. With a name like Freedom Fighter it shows you are motivated, agressive, and willing to take on challenges head first. You will be successful in what ever you choose. Believe in yourself first and foremost. In the end your the one in control of your life, don't let the people from the past control you. If you feel like your all alone and no one cares or believes in you. Remember that you have you and can rely on yourself to pull yourself out of the quaqmire. Don't let anyone bring you down. Get up and fight if you have to. Plus remember there are people on this Forum that know what your going through and are on your side. We may be scattered around the globe but we're here. We also believe in you, I know I do and I've never even met you or know your real name.

freedom fighter
Giving out is positive-nothing negative can penatrate a helping hand. Only good can result.
ff

This is so true. The day I lost my job I stood fast and honored my commitment to the woman in my life to get her the equipment needed to start the business she's been wanting to start for a long time. Eventhough I didn't have a job anymore and my bank account was dwindling I took it on my self to sign on the dotted line and give her the break that she needs. It felt wonderful. I gave with out the expectation of anything in return.

Date: February 18, 2008 08:37AM

Thanks Zorro.

You know what I'm trying to tackle? Getting into the toughest Law Enforcement program in my state. I'm twice the age of all the other kids who will be in my classes. I'm working on physically getting into shape like a madman. I'm a woman by the way. I've made leaps and bounds and overcome my physical limitations and mental limitations so far.

I've took the darn initial physical/ agility test to get into the program twice so far. Made big progress since the first try, so I know by the third I'll hopefully make it. Everything else is taken care of except for the test to get in. They make it really hard to get in to weed out those who are not cut out physically or not really dead serious about a future in the cop world.

I just happen to be having a downer few days because I'm sorta burned out physically. I think when I'm really tired my mind associates it with the past when I was worked like slave in the cult. It was a depressing part of my life and fatigue means entrapment to me. It's strange how I feel that way. I'm slowly working my way out of that past mindset and flashbacks. I really,really seriously need to overcome this because I won't be able to be a healthy minded cop otherwise.

I've been told, however, that this is the hardest part-getting the test passed. Because once you are in it's just a matter of maintaining strength and endurance. I am a fighter for freedom, that is for sure. But I get scared that my own body will fail me. I've never challenged myself physically like this before. I get excited about my accomplishments for a tiny moment in time then I plummet and feel like ground zero again. I guess I can say I'll never be one of those cocky high all mighty cops people have a distain for.

I'm facing my past, present, and future all at once. It's daunting but I am a fighter. That's why reading about you inspires me. You seem so full of energy. You're unstopable. Cool. I love it. Keep on going man. Yes, we all have a connection because of our similar pasts. We all understand each other. I do love this Forum. I said it before that it's helped me immensely, and I'll say it again. I've met some truly caring and wonderful people thru this forum and they are scattered around the world, but they know me better than the people I have in my present world. Thanks Zorro.

FF

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: February 18, 2008 01:49PM

Yup. I'd say Freedom Fighter has still "got it" despite being old enough to be their mother.

We'll all celebrate when she passes that test. Can't wait!

John

Date: February 29, 2008 10:22AM

I'm happy to report that I landed a new and totally bad ass job today!!!!!

I really pulled myself together these last few weeks and have made a serious and positive impact on my future. In the past few weeks I've literally had "Headhunters" calling me with job opportunities. It's been unreal how busy I've been with taking care of all the inquiries, phone interviews, etc. This week I started doing face to face interviews, and I literally got an offer from the first company that interviewed me. I had a lot of competition, but that didn't phase me. This time last year when I was in Landmark I had people staying away from me. Last summer after leaving Landmark I felt like a washed up piece of shit. Now I actually have people fighting over me so to speak! What a change, and I did all on my own. No fucking Guru or Lekhole telling me I need be "present" with people, or to "go get complete" with the people that fired me, or be open to "possibility". Or god forbid, "Volunteer" at the center since I have the time and I would be able to learn things that could help me find a job. With them they would have been extatic if I told them I was going to live on Mt. Everest and write poetry about snowflakes for the rest of my life, because it's my calling in life. I can see the brighteyed zombie course leader saying sappily. "Oh what a wonderful life you a making for yourself, writing poetry about snowflakes, and living on beautiful Mt. Everest. I am so happy for you." Then whole class would errupt in tearful joy and clap like a bunch of Chimapnzies on Ritalin. Of course a few Leknoids would get up say how inspired they are about me writing snow flake poetry!......God the thought of it makes me want to barf.

Not only was I able to land a new job in less than three weeks. I have also started two part-time businesses that are already starting to generate income.

Yep, I did all of this on my own WITHOUT LANDMARK!!!! And without the help of ANYONE!!!

Landmark and it's brethren would have wanted me to believe that through them I would be able to get through this tough time in my life. But the reality is I was able to find the strength inside me to pull through this.

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: February 29, 2008 10:50AM

So ... your life has improved now that you are away from landmark Education?

Congrats and well done.

John

PS. Chimpanzees on Ritalin ... love that one! ROFLMAO!

Date: February 29, 2008 01:36PM

John Fox
So ... your life has improved now that you are away from landmark Education?

Damn straight my life is better without Landmark!

Date: March 01, 2008 08:41AM

Zorro,

A huge congratulations to you!!! I'm so excited to hear a success story. You're a stick of dynamite the way you don't let anything drag you down...you're inspiring to me.

FF

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.