Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
The trolls and LGAT apologists on this board
Posted by: vlinden ()
Date: February 09, 2008 01:04PM

I've been doing nothing for two weeks essentially but reading this board (along with my basic responsibilities, which are minimal right now). I've read nearly everything here.

I've noticed that the people who appear on this board who defend LGATs in any way at all, seem to have the EXACT same personality and methods and, I think, purpose. Are they all the same person? I don't know.

Some of their similarities include:

*The same tone of voice; very "balanced" and "rational" and easy-going

*Almost impossible to anger, despite how much negativity they encounter from other people in any form -- this is abnormal human behavior that makes me think they are prepared to cause mischief here and just won't leave no matter what.

*Their stories are almost identical

This includes explaining, first off, how they really "get" or agree with a lot of what people say on this board. You'd think if this was true, they wouldn't be pro-LGAT at all. So you figure they're just setting up their game.

Their main point after their whole story is told is, it seems, to insist that there is something good about LGATs despite everything, and people should try them out. This is often under the guise of "think for yourself" which is really funny, all things considered.

They often say they took one seminar, and then waited a year, or even 2 or 5 years, before taking more courses. I don't believe this at all. I think they're trying to create an illusion of an easy-going atmosphere in these groups where the individual is not pressured, or it's simple to "take your time" and decide. From what I understand, this is bullshit.

They refuse to say LGATs are bad, no matter how much evidence is presented to them, because they insist their experience was good. This is like someone saying a restaurant with a ridiculous rate of food poisoning, where they refuse to disclose their ingredients, should not be avoided because someone liked the burger.

It seems these people just want to create doubt in the minds of new readers on this forum who are undecided about LGAT that the people on this board should be listened to, or their word taken as authority. They want to sow enough doubt to get people in the door, take their money, and let the mind control do the rest.

This may not true about all of them, but they all seem uncannily alike.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The trolls and LGAT apologists on this board
Posted by: nettie ()
Date: February 09, 2008 04:23PM

they have become robots using the same mindset and language to defend whatever organisation they have participated with.

I don't think it is the same persons - they mean well and think that if you only would apply their thinking all your problems would disappear. Because they believe that you are the creator of your world by using language.

At least landmark (off which lot of the other LGATs are offsprings) say that your word is what creates reality. That's why they state stupid things as "I am the possibility of togetherness". They think that saying that makes it real. If you just think it it doesn't work.

It interesting if all people on earth should create their own world. 6 billion different ones!

Of course it is utter bullshit that you create your world. Landmark leaders say that training with them will make you better and better at creating your world. So actually it is not so easy as just saying something - it takes training to align your behaviour with your word. That training involves primarily recruiting of others into landmark. They say that while training to recruit you learn to enroll people into who you are as a possibility. What it really is that you try to become good at mindfucking people to get what YOU WANT. Which in landmark world is to go up the ladder to become a forum leader (a lot of people want that after having seen their performance during the first course - I have to admit they act like superhumans). Very few make it to the top - the training is very tough and the further up you come the ladder the pressure to behave becomes harder and harder.

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: February 09, 2008 05:53PM

"I am the possibility of togetherness". Sounds very 1960s hippie-like. Interesting, man. Even better with psychedelic drugs, I suspect.

John

Date: February 10, 2008 12:27AM

And I guess this madness came from Heidegger. I'm starting to learn more about this.

I think some of these people are trolls, though, and they do want to keep the LGAT door open for the undecideds who come to this board.

But obviously they have to defend LGATs anyway, they can't bear to think they might have made a huge mistake, or that life is more complex than the "possibility of creating the space for being extraordinary."

Anyone who would even say that needs therapy.

But I think the debates between the apologists and others on this board are some of the most informative, so I hope they continue to come and spout their lunatic jargon and tell us all about the "transformations" in their fabulous lives.

Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: February 10, 2008 01:33AM

I'm ready for what ever zombie troll comes this way. I would absoultely love to debate a Pro Lekkie right now.

Date: February 10, 2008 02:03AM

Yeah, sounds like you've had a hell of a time, Zorro. I'm sorry about your job. I'm sure an apologist would tell you that you created the situation, you're responsible, etc. They'd say, wow, Zorro, you're really "negative" about LGATs, I bet you're that way in the rest of your life, too. Certainly if you had "authentically" used the Landmark "technology" on your clients you'd be rich as Master Erhard by now. You clearly had some "rackets" you weren't letting go of, and just didn't "get it."

See, I'm learning, and I didn't even spend $500!

Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: February 10, 2008 07:44AM

Yes! You've learned quite well!

If an apologist ever tells me that I will reply: "I am really "positive" that if you don't take your own "racket" somewhere else quickly a situation will be "created" where by there is a distinct "possibility" of me putting my boot up your ass. I am also "resposible" enough that the boot will be of the steel toed "technology" kind so as to prevent me from injuring my foot upon impact! I hope you "got it" as well because I will not repeat myself."

God I'd love to say that to a Lekkie, especially one that is an ILP grad or a staff member.

If you want to study troll behavior on this board...
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 10, 2008 11:19PM

Hi friends. If you want a great way to study troll behavior on this thread
go here:

'Manipulating the Room Environment'

[forum.culteducation.com]

(PS if we ever have to change programs, you will at a future date
easily find this topic by typing 'kopp' into the search slot and (all dates)
into the dates slot. Or do it by an author search for 'gc4062'

As you read through this nice, meaty thread (and its always good to refresh memory on the room set up topic) you can see how troll attacks accelerated, and how the tone of sweet reason quite quickly evaporated to manifest naked fury.

The belief system and verbal content of LGATs changes. But, for the most part, room set up and sleep deprivation remain pretty similar, as do the high pressure sales pitches. Once you learn to identify the tightly controlled room and social set ups, you can avoid these things from miles away--perhaps why we got so much angry flak when discussing the room arrangement deal.

(though it should be noted that some gigs manage to achieve the same effects in outdoor settings. Sleep deprivation and hectic schedules are the constant)

It was as though someone did NOT want this very topic to discussed in any steady, sustained manner.

So the lesson here is, if a particular discussion topic attracts especially heavy
from trolls, take that as a signal that it is a topic that is worth discussion--and REFUSE to be distracted.

A heavy influx of trolls can be considered a back handed compliment--a sign that we are 'on to something.'

The take home message is that we are not governed by will and conscious intellect alone. We are affected by what is done to our bodies, too, and we are far more sensitive to non verbal and social influences than we have been taught to recognize.

And the other thing that never changes...
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 12, 2008 07:24AM

I should add that in addition to the tightly scripted room/social set up, the other thing that never changes is signing forms in which you take all the risks
and release the entity from all accountabilty for which they will be doing to
you once they get you into that room.

Its a preview of how the whole thing really works--the entity claims to empower you, but in reality, it directs all sorts of powerful interventions toward you yet makes sure to have zero accountability for the impact of its methods on on you.

If you get bummed out or your life and relationships are disrupted..its always your fault.

Anything good in your life is entirely due to the group, and nothing at all to do with whatever talent you happen to have.

Anyone who wants you to sign away your right as a citizen to seek legal redress...run the other way. No reputable physician or psychotherapist would ever operate that way.

Professionals, unlike LGATs operate within a framework of disclosure and legal/social accountability. Laws regulate the practice of their professions.

A professional physician or therapist doesnt pressure you to recruit friends or family--and if he or she does so, this is worth reporting to regulatory agencies.

Date: February 12, 2008 08:06AM

You know, I think there's something about the waiver that might turn a lot of people on. It's like a challenge, and it makes them think, oh wow, this is going to be something! Like an X rated movie, or a carnival ride for grown ups only. The waiver is saying, come on now, you're not so weak that you can't handle our little seminar, are you?

Who wants to think of themselves as that weak?

My ex was insulted that I could ever think he could be brainwashed. He came out of the Landmark carnival ride glassy eyed and vomiting up jargon, telling me everyone should take the Forum, everyone should have this experience, that he now saw the "possibility" for living a full, courageous and free life.

Amazing. Selling "possibility" -- the price is your mind.

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.