"Expert" psychiatrists support for Landmark?
Posted by: vlinden ()
Date: February 07, 2008 12:02AM

Does anyone have any comments on the following quotes presented by Landmark?

Notice the comment: "there is no evidence that The Landmark Forum is harmful.” I guess he hasn't been reading this board much.

---------------------------------

Dr. Norbert Nedopil, Head of the Department of Forensic Psychiatry at the University of Munich, did a Study in 1996 of Landmark Education and concluded that he "could not discern any form of behavior which would put The Landmark Forum near a so-called [psycho] sect. On the basis of empirical investigation, it can be said that to the largest extent, Landmark Education does not present risks to the health, free will and legal integrity of its participants.” Dr. Nedopil further said that "there is no evidence that The Landmark Forum is harmful.”

Dr. Raymond Fowler, Ph.D, retired CEO of the American Psychological Association, in a Report which reflected his own opinion, said "In my opinion, The Landmark Forum is not a cult or anything like a cult, and I do not see how any reasonable, responsible person could say that it is.” In response to the French Government having placed Landmark Education on the sect List Dr. Fowler said, “As an expert in this area, I am certain that once the French Government has the opportunity to look closer at this matter, they will conclude that Landmark Education was wrongly included on their list of sects.” Dr. Fowler also said “I saw nothing in The Landmark Forum that I attended to suggest that it would be harmful to any participant.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "Expert" psychiatrists support for Landmark?
Posted by: nettie ()
Date: February 07, 2008 12:31AM

of course landmark has found people to support their view - the Fowler guy has been around for a long time.

They state their opinion but I have never seen them giving any evidence to counter the mind control accusations.

Some very skeptical people are turned around to becoming fans of landmark unfortunately.

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: February 07, 2008 12:22PM

Brainwashing has a habit of doing that.

Vee haav vaayys of .... :->

John

Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: February 07, 2008 12:30PM

what i have found so astounding is to know that all landmark has to do
is to know that someone will be coming in to study them by taking
a course . landmark then changes that particular course and the the so called
"experts" get fooled.

dr nedopil may not actually know that a "real" forum is. he just knows what
landmark wants him to know.

they say it themselves, "theres what u dont know u dont know"

:)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.