Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Landmark "Listening" and health issues -- LE grads, please explain
Posted by: nettie ()
Date: February 06, 2008 01:38AM

skeptic
vlinden
So once the person is done talking, how is the LE person supposed to respond once they've finished "really" listening? I mean, what guides that response? If all the old thoughts, perspectives, judgments, biases, desires, interpersonal dynamics, knowledge base is gone, what is the response of the LE person based on?

Good question and I'm interested in nettie's answer.

In CONtext (the lgat I was involved with) our old self was replaced with a programmed-lgat persona. We had a basketful of handy, simple cliches to apply to all of life's situations which are based in a sociopathic (ruthlessly narcissistic, disconnected, amoral) perspective. For example, if someone felt hurt by something hurtful I may have done to them, I absolved myself by using the phrase, "I hold them as able" (to deal with whatever they're experiencing, and afterall, what they're experiencing is just something they created anyway, it's their problem, and they're stupid for creating victimhood anyway). And that was it. Simple. There was nothing for me to reflect on or feel on or think on. We were also informed that no one MAKES anyone anything, which is absurd. The message of that "teaching" is that we do not affect and are not affected by others. Yeh, right. There was also a cliche "don't explain, don't complain". It was never articulated but the way I applied it resulted in being disconnected from people.

Good question - on what are the newly-made robot's responses based, since the old self has been annihilated? Interested in nettie's and others' responses.

skeptic

Same thing with landmark - you use the cliches for everything. You don't dare talk in a way that would create something bad for you. So you become very selfcentered and egotistical. It becomes all about you. Disguised as that you are a caring person. Caring about people is not high on the list in landmark world if it doesn't mean that you can recruit that person to the cult.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.