Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: Help me, please. Landmark has eaten my true love.
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: March 04, 2008 12:29PM

vlinden
• Stop trying to "get somewhere," stop "becoming," and experience joy and satisfaction in being yourself now.

That's pretty funny. You're supposed to spend most of your time imagining your "possibilities" and how you can change your life, but then you're supposed to stop trying to "get somewhere" and "become." Landmark people must get purdy confused. And you're supposed to find satisfaction in being yourself, but what the hell are you, after Landmark has wiped away all of your past, all of your "stories" -- all of your self?

Yep, I think the subjects get purdy confused, and that's a good thing for an lgat. I think back on my lgat experience and remember that we were given instruction on how to be authentic! haha! We were supposed to stand a certain way, speak a certain way, think a certain way, be a certain way, yet be authentic! HUH?! No one who swallowed and followed the program was authentic; they were all the same PHONEY facsimiles.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: vlinden ()
Date: March 05, 2008 12:33AM

Hey Skeptic,

This authentic thing is truly weird to me. When my ex got out of the Forum, he said a lot of things to me that made it seem like he was realizing how inauthentic he'd been with me in the past. It's very upsetting to be told this by the person who said he loved you so deeply. And then he said he wanted to be authentic with me now, but it seemed like he was farther away and less himself than ever. I'm clearly not the only one to notice this paradox in someone after they come out of the Forum.

He mentioned our period of courting -- for lack of a better term -- as a time when he was inauthentic. This was so ridiculous to me, because everyone tries to put forward their best face when they first meet someone and are trying to win them. In a way, it's great, because it's like we're trying to be our best selves, the people we wish we were all the time! I feel it's positive to bring out the best in someone. But he came out of the Forum feeling like he had just been "trying to look good" for me, which, to me, denigrated everything that was beautiful about that time.

Is the male peacock just "trying to look good" for the female? Is there anything wrong with his dance? Or is it natural and beautiful?

I hate the Forum. Did I mention that? =)

Date: March 05, 2008 01:01AM

It's landmark's way of denigrating everyone and their past, to turn everything around and get the subjects to believe that when they were authentic they were being inauthentic and vice versa: in landmine, where they are INauthentic, they now hallucinate that they are authentic. It's the sick and twisted lgat way.

Your ex has been brainwashed; what he is saying now is not who he is. It took me a few years to understand that about my sister. For a couple years I could not understand why she betrayed me. Then I realized that her behavior after the lgat was the result of someone else pulling her strings; she was his puppet and he (lgat leader) needed to divide us because I was parting ways with the group and my sister has big bucks. He saw a jackpot in her. To this day, sadly, she can't admit this happened. She continues to think that the leader was all about teaching important, useful and valuable concepts to enhance one's life. She's still looking at the surface and when I point to the depths she denies it.

It horrifies me how blind and stupid and brainwashed an lgat can make a person - long term too.

Have I mentioned that there might not be words to describe what I think and feel about lgats?

Date: March 05, 2008 04:36AM

Have I mentioned that there might not be words to describe what I think and feel about lgats?

Oh, but there are words, many curses, and also a few gutteral nausea sounds, some wretching . . .

Skeptic, did your sister have a strong sense of self, before Landmark? Did she seem really solid, and like she had convictions, and knew who she was?

Date: March 05, 2008 07:03AM

Hi vlinden,

The answer to your questions is no, no, no & no. However, after six days in the "course" she'd have answered yes, yes, yes & yes. The lgat was magic. Or so it seemed. The self-blinding, self-deceiving feature that (at least) the hardcore converts fall victim to ends up preventing them from seeing the truth about the lgat, which in turn renders them unable to tackle all the new problems that will ensue from the fact of being distorted and blinded. It's a real bind. A real ugly mess.

skeptic

P.S. Landmark wasn't the lgat, it was Context Associated, a virtually unknown Lifespring spinoff. What does that say about the reality the now-dead leader created? So much for his own modeling of the WINNER prototype.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2008 07:08AM by skeptic.

Posted by: Enviro_Cop ()
Date: March 05, 2008 07:32AM

Crap Vlinden, about 80% of what you write on this the forum strikes a nerve with me.

My wife told me that she had not been living from her heart for the seven years we had been married. We weren’t really soul mates because Discovery has taught her to be herself and live her contract, blah blah blah. I was devastated. She assured me if I would just attend Discovery, I would truly “get it” and understand. WHATEVER.

I would never buy in to something as ludicrous as what LGATs offer. My grandmother was an Irish immigrant so I am a little hard headed. I saw a movie yesterday (The Departed) that had a quote supposedly from Sigmund Freud about the Irish being the only people impervious to psychoanalysis. Does anyone know if he said that? And, is that a complement or insult? ha
About once a month she calls and acts normally, but reverts to LGAT speak by the next conversation. I found out her mother and aunt, who were very active in the church, have now stopped tithing to the church and are giving that money to Discovery because it will do so much more good for people!

@ Skeptic, I am equally horrified at how these LGATs can change a person so completely.
Reading this forum has really helped me realize it was not me, but my wife that was screwed up.

EC

Date: March 05, 2008 08:28AM

EC,

God, that truly sucks. Seven years.

I don't know about the Irish thing, I'm Jewish and so is my ex, we're both New Yorkers, and I didn't think he'd be so naive and gullible either. It's like falling for a shell game. New Yorker's should know better!

Posted by: Samuel ()
Date: March 05, 2008 09:26AM

Enviro_Cop
My wife told me that she had not been living from her heart for the seven years we had been married. We weren’t really soul mates because Discovery has taught her to be herself and live her contract, blah blah blah. I was devastated. She assured me if I would just attend Discovery, I would truly “get it” and understand. WHATEVER.

I would never buy in to something as ludicrous as what LGATs offer. My grandmother was an Irish immigrant so I am a little hard headed. I saw a movie yesterday (The Departed) that had a quote supposedly from Sigmund Freud about the Irish being the only people impervious to psychoanalysis. Does anyone know if he said that? And, is that a complement or insult? ha

@ Skeptic, I am equally horrified at how these LGATs can change a person so completely. Reading this forum has really helped me realize it was not me, but my wife that was screwed up.

EC

This seems to fit what my wife told me. I believed we were soul mates but PSI caused her to disconnect from me and I wasn't worth the effort to save our marriage. She didn't shed a tear when she left; everything was fine in her world.

Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: March 05, 2008 09:35AM

vlinden
Hey Skeptic,

This authentic thing is truly weird to me. When my ex got out of the Forum, he said a lot of things to me that made it seem like he was realizing how inauthentic he'd been with me in the past. It's very upsetting to be told this by the person who said he loved you so deeply. And then he said he wanted to be authentic with me now, but it seemed like he was farther away and less himself than ever. I'm clearly not the only one to notice this paradox in someone after they come out of the Forum.

He mentioned our period of courting -- for lack of a better term -- as a time when he was inauthentic. This was so ridiculous to me, because everyone tries to put forward their best face when they first meet someone and are trying to win them. In a way, it's great, because it's like we're trying to be our best selves, the people we wish we were all the time! I feel it's positive to bring out the best in someone. But he came out of the Forum feeling like he had just been "trying to look good" for me, which, to me, denigrated everything that was beautiful about that time.

Is the male peacock just "trying to look good" for the female? Is there anything wrong with his dance? Or is it natural and beautiful?

I hate the Forum. Did I mention that? =)

I hate The Forum/Landmark/EST too, vlinden; my friend to my knowledge is not attending any more workshops there, but she is still quite fragile...i worry about her every day, and watch her like a Hawk. One should not have to go through life like this, and still there has been nothing i have been able to do to get them out of BC. I guess for now, the only thing is to just keep telling people the truth about Landmark, and keep referring them here to the rickross site.

regards,
Shad

Posted by: Enviro_Cop ()
Date: March 05, 2008 09:36AM

Mine showed no remorse regret, or emotion. She told me she had her new family and they were her support group that is why she was not unhappy. That really hurt... she was more like a casual acquaintance. Her best friend and I still talk, she called last night and said my wife insisted she was happy but her professional life did not bear this out.
Samuel did yours act that way also?

Vlinden, prepare yourself that you ex may announce he has found his perfect match in the LGAT. Just remember it is not real.

EC

Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.