Geoff Laughton
Posted by: ricketybridge ()
Date: January 31, 2008 03:48AM

Has anyone heard of Geoff Laughton? He runs "Transformational Workshops" and I heard of him after a friend of mine wrote an extremely disturbing e-mail to all her friends talking about how the weekend intensive she spent at his workshop enabled she "fell in love with herself" and that he is "all love, all power, all safety, all WISDOM" (caps hers).

This immediately raised a red flag that this guy is a total cult leader, as I'm sure it has for you, but I can't find anything on him to indicate as much (including this site; sorry if I overlooked it). Also, I feel like e-mailing her back gently suggesting for her to be careful (e.g. run if he encourages sleep deprivation), but apparently you're not supposed to do that.

Any suggestions/experience with this creep?

Thanks,
Rickety

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Geoff Laughton
Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: January 31, 2008 10:29AM

Did a quick google and Naked Jen has a blog post on an event with him. (It's okay ... she has her clothes on for this page at least)

Looks like he may well be part of some Cornerstone Community as well. "Sacred space" and all. (shudder)

John

Posted by: Quizcuini ()
Date: March 07, 2008 02:02AM

Hey I think this Geoff guy has posted on this forum before. Check it out.
[forum.culteducation.com]

Posted by: ricketybridge ()
Date: March 07, 2008 05:05AM

Haha! Wow! It totally does seem like the same guy! Amazing catch! I mean, I'm sure there must be at least one other guy in the world named Geoff who's taught LGAT stuff, but still, the specific ideas he was talking about (e.g. delving into your past) seemed very similar. Weird! It freaks me out that LGAT proponents actually try to defend their warped ideas on this website. It's like, yeah right, as if we're the kind of people who would be convinced of anything that even remotely resembled the freakiness contained on this site.

Thanks, Quiz. :)

-rickety

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.