Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Example of red flag
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: January 20, 2008 05:07AM

Saw this (excerpt of) on the bulletin board in the library this morning and it's a perfect example of the kind of crap I avoid nowadays:

ABUNDANCE --- THERE'S NO SECRET, JUST TRIED AND TRUE TOOLS OF EMPOWERMENT!

Manifesting Your Destiny

Teacher: Elizabeth Selden, an initiated Guide member and 3rd Step Ritual Master within the Brotherhood and Sisterhood of Light. She serves as a Fire Master (Candle Master) as appointed by the North American Mystery School.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Example of red flag
Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: January 20, 2008 02:40PM

I quite like to 'sample' the poster by taking it down.

Sure, people have the right to post what they like (free speech) .... and I have the right to 'collect' what I like (free expression). And the world is a better place once again.

:-)

John

Date: January 21, 2008 03:22AM

heh heh

I like it.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: January 21, 2008 06:16AM

I don't know if this is the same group, but here is some info.
[www.mysteryschoolnw.com]

Elizabeth Selden seems to be a Wiccan Priestess?
[www.google.com]

There was a postering company that was hired by the Ekankar cult. There was some huge fat guy and his little buddy out at 3am, plastering the walls illegally with Ekankar posters about "love" etc. And this guy was chain-smoking, spitting on the ground, blasting heavy metal music from his truck. At one point his staple gun stopped working, so he was shooting tons of staples into the air to clear it out, these staples would probably kill 20 squirrells, despoil the environment, etc.
It was an ironic image to see Ekankar Enlightenment posters going up, by some hired illegal postering company, who next night would be doing more illegal postering for smoking and booze companies.

Not a bad idea to take the poster down to have a closer look at it, and then "recycle" it.

Its just deceptive advertising, trying to use The Secret as a hook, to make money off credulous people.

Date: January 21, 2008 06:52AM

Here is about 19 more red flags from Elizabeth Selden and John Evans.
In other words, if you will buy it, they will sell it.
DNA Reading and DNA Activation?
Experience Healings? Are medical claims are being made?
Its illegal to make medical healing claims.

Empowering Truth offers an effective selection of ancient healing modalities which have been handed down in an unbroken line from teacher to student for over 3000 years. Experience healings with lasting effects that really work to shift your energy!

As initiated Guides and Ritual Masters the lineage of King Salomon, and Teachers in the Brotherhood and Sisterhood of Light, John and Elizabeth have the training and gifts to perform these services at the highest levels of skill and integrity.

Angel Readings
Antimony
Astrological Tarot Readings
Birth Chart Analysis
Candle Magick
Channeled Messages
Crystal & Stone Healing
DNA Activation
DNA Reading
Emotional Cord Cutting
Ensofic Ray Healing
Essential Oils Treatment Etheric Surgery I
House Blessing
Isis Healing
KSHM
Oracle Reading
Radionics
Reiki
Spellcasting
Starseed Healing
Turning of the Wheel
Unified Chakra Awakening

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2008 06:54AM by The Anticult.

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: January 21, 2008 07:08AM

The Secret? Credulous?

You must be new around here. :-P

John

(ducking)

Date: January 21, 2008 10:19AM

Anticult, good one, googling her; I didn't think to do that. This additional info is on the flier:

Elizabeth is a working channel, trained in the lineage of the Oracles of Delphi. She has created several unique oracle readings which she provides world-wide.

For more info on Elizabeth, go to EmpoweringTruth.com or ElementsofMastery.net

The two day workshop costs $444. Payment is mailed to SpiritsRising.net and it is noted on the flier that SpiritsRising is registered with the Better Business Bureau.

Date: January 21, 2008 11:48AM

interesting charge...$444.
Occult number?
I guess $666 might not be a great idea?
How about lucky $777?

But $444 is pretty good cheese. Even a small operation, with 10 people is almost 5K forthe weekend.
Minus room rental, that is serious money for a small operation.

Elizabeth Selden and John Evans will probably pick up this thread within a week from Google.
If they do, why don't they explain the EVIDENCE for all of those things they are selling?
Where's the proof-beef? (not stories)

Isn't it just a woo-woo scam to make some easy money?
DNA Reading? WTF? Are you taking cheek-swabs and sending it to a lab for genetic testing?
No of course not, they are probably doing a type of Aura tea-leave reading, but they use the word DNA to sound "scientific".

There are thousands of people like this out there. What is it all about?
Its a cottage industry of Fortune Tellers, like in the Dark Ages of humanity, when the populace was stupid and superstitious.
Whoops! Sounds like now...

By the way, simple Tarot Card reading, can be serious money. I know of people who do this at corporate parties, etc, and make some serious money. Granted, that is more of a joke, but its all based on techniques of Cold Reading.
[skepdic.com]

Elizabeth Selden and John Evans are probably decent Cold Readers, and she supposedly an actress, who probably dreams of getting on TV doing their schtick, maybe on Montel Williams.

Its just money-making and small business.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: January 21, 2008 01:55PM

And if they claim it's not a SECRET then when their mockumentary comes out it'll have to be called something like, The Overt or The Known or The Visible or The Revealed. Having read their spiel, it has nothing to do with visibility or overtness. Besides that, none of those titles has the same commercial ring, do they? Sounds like yet another way to make money while the bandwagon is popular!

I suppose we all have to make a living. Just some of us like to profit from the dead...

Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: January 21, 2008 04:43PM

A red flag I personally despise is the title "Life Coach". Are there legitimate, academic credentials one can get in order to become accredited with this title? Is it a real thing? The only people I have ever met that have called themselves Life Coaches were opportunistic (and at the core, insecure) and offered their services as an "alternative" to psychological council. Without exception, each one was under-trained/under(un)-educated and grossly unqualified to provide the services they claimed to be able. The real danger is that they present themselves as if they are legitimate mental health care providers. Those people did the most damage to the most people outside of the training room while I was involved with my LGAT.

On the first episode of the new American Gladiators, one of the female contestants called herself a life coach, and petty as it may be, I cheered when the Eliminator broke her in the end. Personal Power my ass...

P.S. Anticult, I think the 444$ charge may be referencing that the earth is passing from the third to the fourth dimension. Or from fourth to fifth, depending of the nut you like to sit on. She probably also thinks the group of three fours is sacred. Not that it matters in the least. And yes, the cheese is good. But it stinks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2008 05:03PM by exImpact.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.