Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: Workshops: Treating Victims of coercive persuassion
Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: January 16, 2008 07:04AM

FF--

What cult were you in, exactly? I'm curious because I can't remember reading a name, or a person, or an organization.

Please fill me in.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: freedom fighter ()
Date: January 16, 2008 08:48AM

It's not publicly known. This woman was a master at creating a facade for her big human experiment.

The facade was a furniture business based in Minnesota. It has since folded. My three sisters and mom left it 14 years back. My sister and I were artists -wood sculptures, etc. We provided alot of art that collectors bought up. This cult leader took all credit publicly for everyones God given talent. My mom worked in the retail store and never got paid. We got minamum wage, sometimes not at all. She ostrasized my dad because he never agreed to what she was doing. We worked 10 to14 hours every day- up to 18 before holidays and sometimes around the clock. We had no social life what so ever. No friends. Only a few families were in this cult.

All were duped by this one woman. Her name is Mary Roberts. The business was named Crate Prospects.

She preached her "new ways in the spirit". Crammed it down our throats. Threatened us all the time that if we ever left we would be in total darkness and lose everything. We would be cut off from our family forever. She succeeded in doing that with my brothers who also slaved for her and made furniture 24-7. They were forced into prearranged marriages.

One boy killed himself by hanging because of the abuse. I could go on with many more details but in a nutshell, there you have it. I'll share more if you want.

She got her talons into my family when I was 11. I left at age 28. I'm now 42. I'm finally shedding the hell and the sadness.

It wasn't a huge corporate cult or huge religious movement, but she did some very concentrated fucked up stuff to my family and a few others for many years. It all started when I was a baby and my mom met her in some bible study group from a lutheran church she attended nearly 45 years ago.

I compare her to a female Hitler. She did a lot of get-in-your face yelling and screaming if she thought you were out of line. She was truly evil.

So yeh If I come off as a bit wordly ignorant that would explane why. Since leaving the cult I married,had a kid, divorced, had to deal with a suicidal ex at tha same time my dad was dying of cancer, my sister was having babies I had to help with, my other sister got into an accident and to this day is dealing with chronic pain. I've had to be her rock. My mom is elderly and I've taken care of her all through her health issues. I could go on. Basically life has been one mode of survival for me.

One more thing, I have no friends in my current world that can grasp what I've been through. I have no normal history to share. I came to this web sight just by chance. It was the first one I clicked on. I was desparate for answers to why I felt so alone. Now I have people I can bullshit with and have a bit of fun. I've exposed my entire history, personal life to whoever wants to read it. I'm way past embarressment here.
I've pretty much did it to free myself of the residual affects of the hellish memories.

Sharon

Date: January 17, 2008 11:37AM

Hey Aussies-
I've nutted out a plan. I think I should attach a bull bar and go find some cult leaders. I'll find them mongrels, go muster the whole lot of them, and make them into a mystery bag. Hey mates, sound like a good plan? Oh, don't forget to fire up the barbie!
Sharon

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: January 17, 2008 11:42AM

LOL. That is so funny.

If you can make it over here, I'll dub thee an "honorary Australian".

John

Date: January 17, 2008 01:59PM

Hey John Fox,

I thought it was really funny too. I was busting a gut over my own rediculous joke. I'm done being serious.

And yes, some day I'm coming to Australia. It's on my to do list and in the plans. I just don't know when. I would be honored to be dubbed an "honorary Australian", mate. Thanks I needed that. ;-)

Sharon

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: January 18, 2008 09:23AM

freedom fighter
I think I should attach a bull bar and go find some cult leaders. I'll find them mongrels, go muster the whole lot of them, and make them into a mystery bag. Hey mates, sound like a good plan? Oh, don't forget to fire up the barbie!

Hell, she's more Aussie than me! And she doesn't mind a cold beer, either. I definitely second the motion of making Freedom Fighter an honorary Aussie! Hell, why don't you come over here and run for Prime Minister! On second thought, politics isn't much fun...better to hang out on the beach, play some beach cricket and laugh at the pink-skinned tourists. LOL.

Date: January 18, 2008 09:52AM

Hey Mate- Jack that is,

I better work on my tan. Here in Minnesota some of us are pretty scary pale right now in this frozen tundra. It's kinda hard to have a golden healthy tan when it's -10 F. I'll have to put that beach idea on my wish list for the future though. At least I'll know a couple of Aussies to visit some day down under.

How do you know that Australia is down under anyway? Is there no up and down to this universe? Maybe I'm down under and you guys are on top. Oops. That could be construed in a couple of different ways. :-)

Sharon

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: January 18, 2008 10:14AM

You're a funny girl, FF!

Up and down, yeah, it's relative (but not with your relatives - yuk!). I suppose, because Aussies are so casual and don't like to big-note themselves, we don't mind being called the Land Downunder. Anyway, Australia looks funny when you turn the map upside down. We kind of like Tasmania where it is...lol. And, anyway, most of us think of North as Up, don't we?

One of these days we should all get together and have a real laugh!

Date: January 18, 2008 10:41AM

That I agree with. A trip to Australia may come sooner than later for me. For as long as I can remember, it has been a country I've wanted to visit. Now I have no excuse to not make it happen.

I do beleive we could all have a great time! That is something I've had a huge shortage of within the majority of my life.

I'm a really down to earth person. I think I'd fit right in with you all Downunder.

Cheers to Jack and John- my newly found friends! :-)

Sharon

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: January 22, 2008 10:18PM

Hey ... anyone else wanting to come to Australia for the conference?

John

Current Page: 7 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.