Induction to destruction?
Posted by: Enviro_Cop ()
Date: December 25, 2007 12:14AM

What is the normal time frame from induction into a LGAT to ending a relationship? My marriage ended just shy of three months after my wife attended a LGAT. She said the only way she wanted to work on our relationship was for me to attend Discovery-Training LGAT, because I wouldn’t understand until I experienced it.

It is amazing all of the similarities (techniques, demands, actions…) between Discovery and others discussed here.

Also, how long did it take for the ones of you who realized what was going on to try and get your life back?

Spending the holidays alone is stirring some feelings of guilt, should I have attended to save our marriage? I think the answer is no, but being alone is making me wonder.

EC

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Induction to destruction?
Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: December 25, 2007 02:09AM

For me it took about a month for mine to blow up after I took the Landmark Advanced Course. But we have been off and on ever since. She's one of the reason I left Landmark, she made me take a hard look at what was going on with me. If it hadn't been for her I might still be wrapped up in it.

As far as a time frame to realize what was going on and get out. It took me several months of wondering why my life wasn't working. Then I took a weekend seminar and it hit me like a freight train. I went in on a Saturday morning and by that evening I realized Landmark was cult. By that Sunday I had enough evidence through my participation to validate my assumption.

Recovery, well that's a whole new ball of wax. I'm still recovering, but I'm about back to normal.

It must be difficult being alone, I can't even begin to imagine what it is like. I believe you did the right thing by not attending, you protected your sanity. I wish I could offer some solid advice on getting your wife back, but I have a suggestion that I will PM you with. It may help you cope with this situation. The other suggestion I can make is find comfort in family and friends that you can trust and confide in, hopefully that will take away some of the pain.

Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: December 26, 2007 02:55AM

As with Zorro, the changes I saw in my sister after she was transformed greatly contributed to the cracking of my own lgat trance. The "new" sister was a monster.

Enviro, your loss notwithstanding I think that your decision not to attend was the best decision. From my own personal experience in an lgat and from reading here, the (magical) belief that an lgat is going to fix a relationship that the lgat f*cked up is just more of the lgat's slick marketing/false promises/manipulation. The lgat offered a big fat NOTHING to help the relationship with my sister that the lgat ripped to shreds.

As far as I'm concerned, lgat = BIG LIE, in every way.

skeptic

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: December 26, 2007 04:11AM

EC,

I'm still not right. More questions than answers as time passes. Was I conned? Grifted? The object of some cruel LGAT ruse or homework assignment?

I'll never know.

Posted by: Samuel ()
Date: December 26, 2007 07:31AM

It took a month. My wife left me on the 30th day from her return from th Ranch, PSI 7, and filed for divorce without any question. Haven't talked to her since.

Posted by: elena ()
Date: December 27, 2007 10:32PM

Enviro_Cop
What is the normal time frame from induction into a LGAT to ending a relationship? My marriage ended just shy of three months after my wife attended a LGAT. She said the only way she wanted to work on our relationship was for me to attend Discovery-Training LGAT, because I wouldn’t understand until I experienced it.

One lady I know of came home from her second weekend and asked her husband to move out. They had two very small children, one of whom was adopted, but that didn't slow her down.

Another friend was "dumped" two weeks before her wedding because she went to Landmark and didn't like it. The groom declined to make any restitution for all the deposits that had been made for the wedding. He married another Landmarker shortly thereafter, to disasterous consequences.

They learn at Landmark that there are no victims or that "victims" create their own victimhood so it doesn't really matter what you do to anybody else. The "programming" gives a carte blanche for selfish and self-centered behavior. In earlier days it was referred to as the cult for assholes or that it turned assholes into estholes.

Ellen

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: December 27, 2007 11:48PM

30 year cycles of assholes/estholes/Lekkholes

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.