Gothard seminars
Posted by: neria ()
Date: May 13, 2004 03:50AM

I have just finished reading 'A Matter of Basic Principles' by Veinot and Henzel. I never attended a Gothard Seminar but was permitted to read the 'red book' by a devotee and thought it strange. Friends who slipped into this way of thinking seemed to become more and more strange and judgemental until I found I could no longer have a normal friendship with them.
Has anyone else run into this cult?

Options: ReplyQuote
Gothard seminars
Date: March 29, 2007 05:35AM

I too am looking for information on the group founded by Bill Gothard, The Institute of Basic Life Principles. My sister-in-law recently became involved with them, and since that time she has changed so much . . . and not in a positive way!

Gothard seminars
Posted by: DocProducer ()
Date: March 29, 2007 06:21AM

You're doing the right thing by reaching out for information. I wouldn't advise trying to confront your sister in law until you've done your homework - and even then, you probably want some professional advice. I'm working on a documentary about people in your situation and I would like to talk to you about helping. Thanks so much and best wishes to your sister in law.

Gothard seminars
Posted by: Jeri442 ()
Date: March 29, 2007 11:09AM

I read your post with some interest and wondered how much this is like PSI Seminars. I posted my story on the thread(?) called PSI Seminars, and what happened to me. I was wondering if this was the same as what you're dealing with your sister.

Gothard seminars
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 31, 2007 09:43PM

ConcernedSister71:

See [www.culteducation.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.