Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
what I'm going to do
Posted by: aware ()
Date: December 06, 2007 10:42AM

I had a conversation with a friend's father who is has been in recovery for nearly 10 years and is on the board for AA in the city where I live, because I wanted to see if he was aware of LGATS and that members of AA are prime targets...I assumed he would want to know and he did...as we sat at Starbucks and I filled him in not only on what has happened to my boyfriend but what my research has brought forth..on the internet (blogs, interviews, reports, documentarys, etc) and what I have 'uncovered' from many of my friends who also at one time have been victims to these groups groups either firsthand or secondhand...as he listened to me and as he let it all sink in his first reaction was even more intense than I had thought...he was livid and grapsed for words to describe people who would do this to people...he is an attorney and with a pretty interesting and connected background...and most caring...as he struggled to express just how upset he was, he first used the word 'evil'..but then,"No, evil is not low enough..evil with... a capital E...these people are the lowest of predators, they prey on the weak and downtrodden"...as we talked about why these groups are allowed to exist he mulled over many legal points that might be cause for shutting them down (as obvioulsy no one has to date been successful at doing so)...and we brainstromed for a while...he had been aware of est in it's day because of the press, mostly negative, and like most Americans, had thought it had died off...because there was no real mention of it anymore in the press...no recent 60 Minutes about 'Guess what? There baaack!...or, actually never left...just regrouped renamed and went underground' ...so he suggested there be a big push, city by city to get the 'news' out... and he had one widely respected magazine with a national circulationin mind for starters...a publication who we agreed this type of story would be right up their alley...and one well respected journalist/writer in particular...who, I happen to be good friends with...so I'm going to approach him this week about this...it was his opinion and I believe as well...that if we can't shut them down we could kill them off...with the facts...the truth...with public awareness that goes way beyond blogs and such that are only found by people who have already been hurt...more effecive than lobbying...go straight to the real top, those with the real power..the press

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what I'm going to do
Posted by: Blue Pill ()
Date: December 07, 2007 02:15AM

Count me in. Lets make it Global, not just US based. This is a disease that needs to be wiped out of existence.

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: December 08, 2007 10:06AM

Let me know how I can help. My experience was a pseudo-professional who was up to his eyeballs in Landmark and playing LE games with his patients.

Date: December 09, 2007 01:24AM

I have had a local publication in mind to go to with information about LGATs, as well, in particular regarding Landmark/The Forum, the Sterling Institute of Relationships, and IMPACT training (those are the three I'm most familiar with). Shake them out of their tree, expose them for the liars, deceivers, and gold-diggers that they are.

Posted by: Jeri442 ()
Date: December 09, 2007 04:53AM

Please add PSI Seminars to that list.

Date: December 09, 2007 09:01AM

lets all get at it, that means not just talk or think about it...my friend/writer has been out of town and I'll call him Mon...I hope he'll jump at this but you never know...but I'm not stopping there...what if the various 'magazine' shows get a huge number of requests for an investigatove report on LGATS?...one or more will eventually bite...if we keep the emails/letters coming..how easy is that?....takes no longer than writing on this site...lets not limit our knowledge to sharing pain/anger but lets use it to prevent it happening to others....things can get done if people take action..this country shines through grass root endevours...all of us have a publication in mind...the bigger the circulation the better but all of it can count..think how many people for example read a newspaper...not to mention various magazines...and as I said 60 Minutes. it's time for them to do an 'update' on est and where that cancer has spread..Hope, what exactly is your story?...lets check in on this thread and see what ideas/progress has been made...if I can get my friend to do this he is a pro who knows how to research...the public needs to be informed that poisioned minds/kool aid and Waco are not isolated tragedys, rather that everyday and all over this planet lives are being toyed with and worse under so many guises...Life Coaching is one that is so easy to sell as the pressure to achieve has become the model...a model for disaster as real happiness comes from within and sharing that peace with all we touch

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: December 12, 2007 12:12PM

Funny that you should mention "60 Minutes".

There's a surprise coming soon.

John

Date: December 12, 2007 01:41PM

Really?...so why not just say what the 'surprise' is?

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: December 12, 2007 01:43PM

Because it's a surprise. :-P

And it's only "almost" ready.

John

Date: December 12, 2007 01:57PM

I hate surprises...I won't tell anyone:)

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.