Empower PR Gossip Ban........mmmmmmm
Posted by: Blue Pill ()
Date: November 21, 2007 02:35AM

I just heard on the news that this PR company has now banned "Gossip". In fact, its fired 3 of its staff for committing this "offence". Does anyone else, like me, smell a rather large sewer rat whose name begins with "L" here? I just heard "the boss" being interviewed and it was like listeneing to "Death" speaking into a dustbin. BIGGG SHIVER!!!!!

I have been regularly chastised by Lekkie drones on my over indulgence in this crime against humanity. I am lead to believe that the drones are consistently told off for this. Of course the Landmark hive like mindset doesn't get that gossip is simply a natural activity that is mostly harmless and a way of human beings letting off steam. I once challenged my ex to define what Gossip actually was - that was fun!

Could it be that a certain boss of a certain PR company has attended a certain "Life Improvement" course and kind of likes the idea that he can fire any of his staff for saying naughty things about him behind his back? Surely not..........

I feel further investigation would be rather interesting here..........

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Empower PR Gossip Ban........mmmmmmm
Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: November 21, 2007 08:47AM

Well, technically, gossip can legally amount to slander. I understand this application of the law in the workplace.

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: November 21, 2007 09:48AM

The worst thing about gossip is that the subject never gets the chance to defend themselves.

Now hurry up and fill in all the blanks! :-P

John

Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: November 21, 2007 10:28AM

Blue Pill . . . exactly! Let's define gossip. For the lgat, making gossip taboo is yet another mechanism to control the robotslaves. Also, if you can't say anything about anyone then, as a friend from another cult has pointed out, it's the green light for any kind of behavior.

The no-gossip admonition is such bullsh*t!!!!

When we got the "tenet" in CONtext ("I do not gossip"), and I tried putting it into practice, I started to realize that something was amiss and I began questioning: what exactly IS gossip? In CONtext, the rest of the tenet goes: "I keep my conversation constructive and aligned with my purpose". (something like that - blah blah blah) Yeh, well, I think it's damn constructive to TALK ABOUT A PERSON who's a PROBLEM in some way, large or small. The con artist who peddled the lgat is a good person to start with, as a matter of fact.

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: November 21, 2007 10:54AM

The "GOSSIP" you guys speak of was to allow an non-questioning of authority and to facilitate hostile confrontation.

If you're talking to a mediator/middleman because you fear the person in question or need a second opinion, it's not gossip. It's called "staffing."

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: November 21, 2007 12:00PM

I think there are several levels to gossiping. All of them devoid of much substance. Most people don't like a gossip or a rumour-monger. And, I agree, there has to be an opportunity for the 'target' of gossip to be able to defend themselves.

I think it's human to gossip. It's something that comes naturally to most of us and I think part of the reason is because we're a lazy bunch when it comes to finding the facts, facing the accused. Yes, it certainly can help us vent some steam.

The different levels might be: 1) idle chit-chat amongst friends about a certain person (or topic, but usually it's about people). E.g. talking about the lifestyles of celebrities or that kooky neighbour and the weird noises coming from his garage, 2) confiding in another person about your feelings about someone else (similar to the first point, but with a more serious tone), which should lead to further information and action on the part of the gossiper, and 3) rumour-mongering about some person you don't like or understand to try and sway others to your opinions - this can amount to slander if taken too far.

Having said all of that, it cannot be illegal for employees to talk about whatever it is that is on their minds, especially on their breaks (I'm assuming that they normally get their work done to a satisfactory level). I think it is healthy to talk about issues with others as long as it doesn't stray from the truth (and if it does, someone's got the nerve to dig for the facts).

In this particular case, if the boss is suspected of going 'off the rails', it is imperative that the employees first talk about things and then approach the source of their concerns to verify their concerns - I think generally we're shit scared to be assertive about seeking the truth of the matter. Gossiping is so much easier ...

Date: November 21, 2007 04:48PM

Jack Oskar Larm
I think there are several levels to gossiping. All of them devoid of much substance. Most people don't like a gossip or a rumour-monger. And, I agree, there has to be an opportunity for the 'target' of gossip to be able to defend themselves.

I think it's human to gossip. It's something that comes naturally to most of us and I think part of the reason is because we're a lazy bunch when it comes to finding the facts, facing the accused. Yes, it certainly can help us vent some steam.

The different levels might be: 1) idle chit-chat amongst friends about a certain person (or topic, but usually it's about people). E.g. talking about the lifestyles of celebrities or that kooky neighbour and the weird noises coming from his garage, 2) confiding in another person about your feelings about someone else (similar to the first point, but with a more serious tone), which should lead to further information and action on the part of the gossiper, and 3) rumour-mongering about some person you don't like or understand to try and sway others to your opinions - this can amount to slander if taken too far.

Having said all of that, it cannot be illegal for employees to talk about whatever it is that is on their minds, especially on their breaks (I'm assuming that they normally get their work done to a satisfactory level). I think it is healthy to talk about issues with others as long as it doesn't stray from the truth (and if it does, someone's got the nerve to dig for the facts).

In this particular case, if the boss is suspected of going 'off the rails', it is imperative that the employees first talk about things and then approach the source of their concerns to verify their concerns - I think generally we're shit scared to be assertive about seeking the truth of the matter. Gossiping is so much easier ...

I agree with what you say. Malicious gossip at the expense of others who cannot defend themselves is not good. However, attempting to surpress individuals "talking" about others whilst them not being present is just plain ridiculous control freakery. You should have heard the Boss being interviewed, he actually said "I like the idea that my employees cannot criticise me behind my back". This smells of Landmarkia horse shit - no criticism of "the Authority" figure is ever allowed under any circumstances.

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: November 21, 2007 06:18PM

Blue Pill
I agree with what you say. Malicious gossip at the expense of others who cannot defend themselves is not good. However, attempting to surpress individuals "talking" about others whilst them not being present is just plain ridiculous control freakery. You should have heard the Boss being interviewed, he actually said "I like the idea that my employees cannot criticise me behind my back". This smells of Landmarkia horse shit - no criticism of "the Authority" figure is ever allowed under any circumstances.

The 'borrowing' and exploitation of universally good policies, written or unwritten, by predators such as Landmark disgusts me. The no gossip rule is always a good rule, but they take it and twist it into their own abusive and manipulative advantage. In much the same way, they take concepts such as 'trust' or 'integrity' and insert their own filthy conceptions of what trust or integrity is, and proceed to force their bastardized and sick interpretations onto anyone they can get their hands on.

The 'no gossip' rule is just another example of a good policy that they take completely out of context to further deepen their psychological control over their victims.

LGAT strategies remind me so much of those utilized by deviant sexual predators, that seek out and exploit the innocence and trust of little children. They gain control over them--they establish a 'rapport' via deception and/or coercion with their victims, all for the sole purpose of using/sacrificing them to gratify their selfish and perverse subhuman agendas, and will exploit them for as long as they can get away with it. The first time I heard of gossip being frowned upon in Landmarkia from my lekkie friend, I gained a pivotal insight into just how desperately Landmark (or most other LGAT cults), clings to its much needed victims and maintains control over them.

Most LGAT devotees believe that their handler organization gave them the solutions to all of their life's problems, and because of this belief they all come to believe whole heartedly that they need their group. I wonder what would happen if each person believing this LIE/STORY could be made to see that their organization actually desperately needed them? I wonder if Landmark Education would seem as attractive to the average Lekkie if it were clear and obvious to them just how desperate, pathetic and needy Landmark is for their membership and donated labor to continue racking up multi-million $$$ yearly profits, or would Landmark be unveiled for the losing and abusive proposition that it is? My first thought would be, 'beggars can't be choosers' and it would only take one snotty remark from one desperate 'beggar' forum leader (who is actually standing in proxy for werner) and I'd be gone, I've never been attracted to the abusive cling-on-needy type.

The 'no gossip' rule is such a clear give away of the neediness and desperation underlying the LGAT that enforces it. Too bad those concerned are unable to see it or have been rendered powerless to do anything about it.

Date: November 22, 2007 03:17AM

My hat off to you sir! That pretty much nails them - twisted, bastardadized concepts that seem ever so benign but on closer inspection are just part of the control system they operate. I have TRIED TRIED TRIED to get this and many other of their trickery and lies across to leckies to no avail.

Take the other LE favourite - Integrity.

I quote Wikipedia - "Integrity is a characteristic that belongs to people who are self-actualized. It is the quality or condition of being whole, complete, unbroken, and undivided. Knowing oneself heightens a person's integrity. According to Abraham Maslow, having integrity can take a very long time to reach and is very hard to obtain. It's at the top of Maslow's pyramid. Before reaching self-actualization and having integrity, you have to first have needs like food and water, love and care from friends and family, and especially self-confidence. It's the basing of one's actions on an internally consistent framework of principles. Depth of principles and adherence of each level to the next are key determining factors. One is said to have integrity to the extent that everything they do and believe is based on the same core set of values. While those values may change, it is their consistency with each other and with the person's actions that determine their integrity. The concept of integrity is directly linked to responsibility in that implementation spawning from principles is designed with a specific outcome in mind. When the action fails to achieve the desired effect, a change of principles is indicated. Accountability is achieved when a faulty principle is identified and changed to produce a more useful action."

LE Educations Headline definition -

"Being your word"

LE Educations Covert definition reinforced by their system -

"Doing everything that Landmark Education tells you to do or you accept to do, either overtly or covertly, without thought, criticism or decent, always, everytime, above and beyond everything else in your life, even if the other thing in your life is clearly more demanding, more important or critical. There is no room for flexibility or negotiation, we are your god and master, obey or leave and suffer the consequencies without us, break your word to us and you are a nothing, a piece of human excrement who should be punished in hell for all eternity"

Um, Spot the difference!

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: November 22, 2007 11:18AM

Blue Pill
LE Educations Headline definition -

"Being your word"

LE Educations Covert definition reinforced by their system -

"Doing everything that Landmark Education tells you to do or you accept to do, either overtly or covertly, without thought, criticism or decent, always, everytime, above and beyond everything else in your life, even if the other thing in your life is clearly more demanding, more important or critical. There is no room for flexibility or negotiation, we are your god and master, obey or leave and suffer the consequencies without us, break your word to us and you are a nothing, a piece of human excrement who should be punished in hell for all eternity

And for this, thousands of otherwise intelligent individuals clamor at werner's feet in awe of 'his' priceless nuggets of profound (borrowed) wisdom. People actually think the above re-definiton is like some ancient mysterious key to the secret of life. That is sad and is so extremely depraved of the scum who invented the lie of Landmark colored integrity.
The good news is that once people really get the deception, they'll never turn back again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.