Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Landmark destroying your relationships.
Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: November 19, 2007 02:17AM

ON2 LF
Strong and healthy relationships are a great threat to Landmark's existence. Seems to me Landmark's foremost guiding principle is all about 'divide and conquer', and it succeeds at this game as long as it can get its victims alone. Isn't it ironic that a person can be so utterly alone in a forum of 200 people?

They divide and conquor by asking people to go dredge up old issues that existed between people that either went away with time or were previously taken care of. Which then reopens old wounds or creates new ones. Then the Lekkie gets hurt, returns to their weekly seminar for some Psycho Therapy and get's told to go do it again with the same person and then invite that person to an Introduction to the Landmark Forum.

The course leaders also ask people to skip very important events in peoples lives, like birthday's, graduations, funerals, you name it, so that they can attend a Landmark event and continue with the "Transformation" of their lives because it is so important and must be done. Can you imagine how pissed off your friend or relative would be if you skipped an important event in their life for Landmark? Can you imagaine how really pissed that person would be if they finally attended an Introduction to see what it was about and realized what a crock of crap it is? The friend / relative would be absolutely livid. At least I know I would.

That my friends is what Landmark does for relationships....To all you Lekkies reading this and running "rackets" on me. Read it and weap. Then go find yourself a Psychologist. Don't believe me? It's true. I know what I'm talking about. I spent 9 months of my life imersed in Landmark BS!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: November 19, 2007 02:50AM

In CONtext one of our mantras was: I become like those with whom I surround myself. We were supposed to surround ourselves with WINNERS, of course. WINNERS = CONtext-ites, of course. The purpose of this, in part, is to keep the INDOCTRINATION activated. Surrounding oneself with NON-CONtext-ites might be a threat to the INDOCTRINATION.

Every little thing that was said, taught, promoted, encouraged, etc. in CONtext had a sinister agenda to it. Yet, everyone I know who went through the "courses" thinks it's a benign little self-improvement seminar and takes the "teachings" at face value. No one can see, or even glimpse, the LIES that are now deeply implanted in them and the manipulation to which they were subjected.

I think it's f*%king CRIMINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: November 19, 2007 10:36AM

Zorro
The course leaders also ask people to skip very important events in peoples lives, like birthday's, graduations, funerals, you name it, so that they can attend a Landmark event and continue with the "Transformation" of their lives because it is so important and must be done. Can you imagine how pissed off your friend or relative would be if you skipped an important event in their life for Landmark? Can you imagaine how really pissed that person would be if they finally attended an Introduction to see what it was about and realized what a crock of crap it is? The friend / relative would be absolutely livid. At least I know I would.

This is like the Landmark equivalent of gang initiation. New gang members are expected to commit criminal, cruel and generally atrocious acts against others to prove their loyalty and to prove whether they will be any good to the gang or not. Landmark's expectation of its new recruits is pretty much the same in cruelty and atrocity. They expect the new recruits to sever their ties with any of their previous relationships and any part of their history, their life's experience. When they miss important dates and occasions or don't show up for their family or friends during important times, its just another way of committing a painful act against them.

When they call up people to get 'complete' about presently ongoing or long forgotten issues, what they are really doing is drawing the dividing line. After that phone call, the person on the other end can either sign up with the cult/gang too or they can be written off and their being written off will be used as proof to the cult leader(s) that the new recruit is loyal and worthy of the fold.

This is just my opinion. I've been the person who got the phone call and the invitations to join and became the leper on the other side of the dividing line. When I tried to cross that line to reach the person I was losing, it was like running directly into the old Berlin wall. I still haven't quite recovered from that crash, and I don't think I will until the monster behind that wall is destroyed.

I have alot of empathy for anyone who was once on the side of the wall who was expected to draw that line and begin proving themselves to Landmark. I especially empathize with those who have lost, or feel they have lost their faith in God, humanity, and their purpose. I haven't been on the 'new recruit' side but my entire faith system has been shaken just for being on the leper side.
Its been hell, and I've had to let go of my relationship because if I had clung to it like it were still a living thing, I would have destroyed even the good memories. I made me sick to let go, it was heartbreaking and it was then that I began to see the distorted mess it left in my soul.

Where I've been in the last two years is not the road I would have chosen but I was propelled onto it by Landmark, and before I exit this route, I too will have made my case against Landmark and it will not be restricted to ranting and venting on this site. I feel that the key to making an effective stand is to choose the time and event well, and to pick the battle that in some way dictates to the entirety of the war.

Date: November 19, 2007 02:43PM

Here is my outpost in this battle. Kind of like giving them the finger and taking a piss in their front lawn on their azalea's!

Feel free to drop by and say hi! Feel free to join as a friend.

[www.myspace.com]

I'm keeping it simple though. Just enough to get the message across and get people start looking and finding sites like Rick Ross.

Date: November 20, 2007 11:33PM

skeptic
Every little thing that was said, taught, promoted, encouraged, etc. in CONtext had a sinister agenda to it. Yet, everyone I know who went through the "courses" thinks it's a benign little self-improvement seminar and takes the "teachings" at face value. No one can see, or even glimpse, the LIES that are now deeply implanted in them and the manipulation to which they were subjected.

Skeptic,

Did you get the email I sent you?

Posted by: caligari ()
Date: November 21, 2007 01:56AM

Zorro
Here is my outpost in this battle. Kind of like giving them the finger and taking a piss in their front lawn on their azalea's!

Feel free to drop by and say hi! Feel free to join as a friend.

[www.myspace.com]

I'm keeping it simple though. Just enough to get the message across and get people start looking and finding sites like Rick Ross.

This is the area that Landmark hasn't been able to get a handle on: the online, transparent, open networks. They've put some highly produced videos on YouTube, but the graduate videos are lackluster and many are inadvertent testimonials to not be involved in Landmark.

Posted by: aware ()
Date: November 26, 2007 12:40PM

I would be interested in if there has been any lobbying re these evil programs and if there is any real legal boundry they cross? My boyfriend, a wonderful guy, has broken it off with me because of Millennum3 a Dallas nightmare...because I tried to warn him after laying low about it for 7 months waitng for a 'right time'...well gues it wasn't mean while his life is in a downward spiral and I cannot imagine mine without him...I WANT TO SHUT THEM DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: vlinden ()
Date: February 01, 2008 07:53AM

This is happening to me right now. My boyfriend is getting sucked into Landmark, and he won't listen to reason, or read anything I give him. He's like a totally different person from the man who said he loved me more than anything, with everything he had. He's abandoned me and my heart (which he claimed to want to take care of) for this load of bullshit. My heart is broken. I hate him, I'm devastated, I feel terribly worried about him, and I also feel like I have to let him go because I can't spend years of my life wallowing in this sick pit of deception with him. My health isn't great and I can't afford it, and it upsets me too much that he could ever fall for this.

It's a nightmare. I don't know how long it will take to get over this.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.