Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Landmark destroying your relationships.
Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: November 13, 2007 01:02PM

Has anyone ever experienced this? You're in Landmark and you meet a person outside of Landmark and you start dating and end up in a serious relationship. But because of the way that you're acting/functioning because of participating in Landmark serious strain is put on the relationship. Then you finally wake up to the fact that Landmark is a freaking cult and bail. But after leaving you are a basket case for a few months. During this whole time your beloved takes collateral damage from your before and after Landmark experience. In the end you break up. You try to convince them that before they met you and before Landmark you pretty much had your act together. But they wont believe you.

This has happened to me and I feel bad now that my ex is worse off now than when she met me. I am really pissed off about this. Not only did Landmark damage me but I feel that they damaged and hurt an innocent person that I loved through me. I'm all about accepting responsibility for my actions and rightly do so. But I believe that had I not been in Landmark she would have not been hurt. Sure we may have broken up, but she would not be having to get over old wounds from her ex's before me that gotten reopened.

Landmark talks about Love and bringing people together. But all I've ever experienced and seen is that what it really does is destroy relationships of all types, some permanently.

Has anyone else that has been in Landmark experienced this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Landmark destroying your relationships.
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: November 14, 2007 10:48AM

I was just thinking about this earlier today, regarding an lgat's effect in my life. Not Landmark, per se, but they all seem to use the same tricks. I was thinking that the more an lgat can screw up your life the better for the lgat. Then you will need to keep taking "courses". Causing strife and division in families, friendships and other significant relationships = mucho dinero for lgats. I realized today that along with all the other deceptive manipulations that I've learned about, this is surely yet another one. Under the guise of spreading goodwill, or whatever any particular lgat calls their so-called mission, lgats do the opposite of what they say they do.

Lies lies lies. Lgat = LIE.

Posted by: Jeri442 ()
Date: November 14, 2007 11:24AM

skeptic
I was just thinking about this earlier today, regarding an lgat's effect in my life. Not Landmark, per se, but they all seem to use the same tricks. I was thinking that the more an lgat can screw up your life the better for the lgat. Then you will need to keep taking "courses". Causing strife and division in families, friendships and other significant relationships = mucho dinero for lgats. I realized today that along with all the other deceptive manipulations that I've learned about, this is surely yet another one. Under the guise of spreading goodwill, or whatever any particular lgat calls their so-called mission, lgats do the opposite of what they say they do.

Lies lies lies. Lgat = LIE.

Someone on the PSI thread said "Believe the LIE of PSI." I did for years and it destroyed my life on the pretext of helping spread the ideal of "One mind at a time." What BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A number of the people in my group ruined their relationships and are only now coming to realize the mistake they made. I for one wish I never heard of PSI or even LGAT's for that matter. I am having a difficult time getting myself back and I am depressed with the knowledge that I helped this organization to ruin other peoples lives and take their money. How do I live with that?

Date: November 14, 2007 11:39AM

It is very depressing to realize that I have hurt someone that I love, so much so that they now need help. I'm doing everything I can to help my ex get over her issues. It's going to be a long hard road, but it must be done. If I had never been in Landmark this would have never happened. My ex needed a strong person in her life and came to me because of the person that I was. But Landmark took me apart and left me in pieces. The site of which was too much for her to bear which caused her to start developing issues.

Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: November 14, 2007 01:55PM

Jeri - I'm having a difficult time getting myself back also. But I realized something recently that is a good thing. Being out of the lgat I am now relieved of trying to make my life fit the impossible: the LIE. That was a psycho way to live.

I think that trying to live the lie is taking a toll on my sister: some of her problems are because of the lgat lie and the catch-22 is that when the lgat LIE is applied in an attempt to resolve the (lgat-caused) problems the problems multiply. I don't see any way out except awareness of how lgats operate. That's what's helping me, and it's a long, slow process for me too. With no end in sight.

At least you and I know that we were manipulated and we know what we're dealing with. I know the source of many of my problems. My sister, on the other hand, is trying various things to address her problems, clueless that the psycho lgat lie is at the root and is keeping her blind to the real cause and is contaminating all her efforts to address her problems.

What a mess! Better to be a mess OUT of an lgat than a mess still IN the lgat mindset.

skeptic

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: November 15, 2007 06:59AM

Zorro
It is very depressing to realize that I have hurt someone that I love, so much so that they now need help. I'm doing everything I can to help my ex get over her issues. It's going to be a long hard road, but it must be done. If I had never been in Landmark this would have never happened. My ex needed a strong person in her life and came to me because of the person that I was. But Landmark took me apart and left me in pieces. The site of which was too much for her to bear which caused her to start developing issues.

Zorro, don't blame yourself too much. There are always two people in a relationship. It is not only you. She could and should have protected herself against something which was difficult for her.

Date: November 15, 2007 09:44AM

MartinH,

Your right, and she and I have disscussed that. That part is comforting.

I think at this point I'm more pissed than anything. First I was mad because of what Landmark did to me, now on top of that I'm mad that Landmark hurt her to some degree through me. In a way I feel like I was a pawn. If I hadn't have pulled away from all of my friends during my Landmark phase I can imagine the damage to everyone that would have done.

To all Lekkies out there. Landmark destroy's relationships, not help or heal them!!!

Posted by: mydogfido ()
Date: November 16, 2007 12:03AM

Zorro, I agree with Martin. You can't fully blame yourself. Take it from here on in. You are trying to help now. You know what happened in the past. That's all you can really do. Taking a more positive attitude rather than regretting your past deeds may help you and your ex. However, her progress will be up to her.

Good luck!

Bones

PS-- this sounds like recovery from drug addicition!

Date: November 16, 2007 12:20PM

From what I have come to understand, recovery from a LGAT is very much like recovery from a drug addiciton. I can testify that the withdrawal process is a real Bitch! And just like with drugs, a lot of close people can get hurt.

Posted by: Blue Pill ()
Date: November 17, 2007 01:41AM

Zorro
From what I have come to understand, recovery from a LGAT is very much like recovery from a drug addiciton. I can testify that the withdrawal process is a real Bitch! And just like with drugs, a lot of close people can get hurt.

In my opinion Landmark and all their evil little lookalikes should be classified by governments in a new category, beyond class A drugs - A++++++++ Maybe?

Alternatively, maybe like alcohol or smoking the government should tax them to hell and back making it so expensive that it will be out of the reach of most people (good!). The Tax revenues should then be used to fund rehabilitation centres!

Zorro im so sad to hear your story. I experienced the reverse - fell in Love with a Lekkie who refuses to see the truth about what its doing to her. IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY, these evil, manipulative bullies get away with this. Be sure of this, I intend to dedicate the rest of my life to telling as many people as I can about my experience and lobby politicians and other groups to get these life sucking leaches on their radar. I have got some useful contacts in my network. "Transformation of the world by 2020" - I don't think so chaps. I suggest you worry about not being in existence - sooner than you think!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.