Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Documentary about Landmark in Canada
Posted by: Valerie ()
Date: November 07, 2007 01:48AM

hello I am working for a documemtary on Landmark and I need to gather information on the subject. I need personal Canadian storyies about their Forum.

So if you are willing to share your story, please [private message] me as soon as possible. Of course everything you tell me will be confidential.

I am looking forward to hear from you.

Valérie Beauquier
Documentaire Vivre Autrement

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2007 01:52AM by rrmoderator.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Documentary about Landmark in Canada
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: November 07, 2007 06:41AM

Valérie,
You cannot engage in private messaging until you have posted 10 times in the Cult Education Forum.
But feel free to check out the wealth of information and discussion in other related threads on this topic - Large Group Awareness Training, "Human Potential"

Also, do you have a website and name of your company, that might list more information about the production staff?

Posted by: elena ()
Date: November 08, 2007 03:57AM

Anyone besides me smell something fishy about this post?

Ellen

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: November 08, 2007 05:15AM

It appears that the name given is of someone working in documentary media, usually in french.

[www.google.com]

They should post a link to a website with a company office, and then people could contact that way. Of course, as soon as Landmark hears about it, they would try to flood the documentary with Landmark True Believers to try to control the process.
On the other hand, maybe this could be like the other french video?

Inside Landmark Forum (video)
"Journey to the Land of the New Gurus", originally known in French as "Voyage Au Pays Des Nouveaux Gourous".
[www.culthelp.info]

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: November 08, 2007 07:09AM

elena
Anyone besides me smell something fishy about this post?

Ellen

yup.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: November 08, 2007 10:03AM

... and a bit strange that she hasn't responded any further. Perhaps when she comes up for air!

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: November 08, 2007 12:05PM

she's a ringer...

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: November 08, 2007 12:47PM

my view is I would not jump to any conclusions until further evidence comes in one way or another about the documentary this person is working on. The credits that come up for that name are legit sources, and appear to mainly operate in the french language in another country.
If they are posting on this type of forum, they are clearly looking for those who have some criticisms.
That being said, caution is warranted, so a person could simply contact a person like that, but not link to any online comments, and to check things out with the documentary company.

That being said, its critical that Valérie Beauquier posts a lot more detail, and more specific contact information.
She and her company have to understand how ruthless and vicious Landmark has been to people, and thatthey have gone after this very forum to try to find out who people are!!

The assumption that there could be a "fake documentary" being staged with a fake name, to gather information about "enemies of Landmark" is a legit concern, based on the horrible actions Landmark has taken even very recently. They are extremely dangerous, and terribly dishonest.

So one would hope that Valérie Beauquier is aware of how sensitive this is, so the producers are going to have to be more detailed, and set up a correct process to meet and interview people, that protects them as well.

Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: November 08, 2007 01:06PM

The Anticult
my view is I would not jump to any conclusions until further evidence comes in one way or another about the documentary this person is working on. The credits that come up for that name are legit sources, and appear to mainly operate in the french language in another country.
If they are posting on this type of forum, they are clearly looking for those who have some criticisms.
That being said, caution is warranted, so a person could simply contact a person like that, but not link to any online comments, and to check things out with the documentary company.

That being said, its critical that Valérie Beauquier posts a lot more detail, and more specific contact information.
She and her company have to understand how ruthless and vicious Landmark has been to people, and thatthey have gone after this very forum to try to find out who people are!!

The assumption that there could be a "fake documentary" being staged with a fake name, to gather information about "enemies of Landmark" is a legit concern, based on the horrible actions Landmark has taken even very recently. They are extremely dangerous, and terribly dishonest.

So one would hope that Valérie Beauquier is aware of how sensitive this is, so the producers are going to have to be more detailed, and set up a correct process to meet and interview people, that protects them as well.

I second Anticult here, couldn't have said this any better myself. Though I would doubt Landmark or any other controversial group would act this way, it would be comforting to see a company website with Valérie Beauquier's listed information, or some more description about her organization.

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: November 08, 2007 08:02PM

actually, I am not tooo concerned:
1) it was directly asked for Canadians, and as far as I can see there are not many Canadians active at least on a regular basis?

2) as a former participant at Landmark (not staff member) I am allowed to tell my opinion about Landmark. They would
maybe try to get me "off it"
or am I wrong?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.