Current Page: 9 of 14
Manipulating the room's environment
Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: September 20, 2007 06:16AM

What Vic-Luc was referring to is the exercise that people in ILP are supposed practice smiling for 2 minuets a day. They may have to do other things infront of the mirror, I can't recall. I just remember hearing ILP people talk about it.

Oh and how about this form of ILP Lekkie comic release. Recite some poem about a Mosquito infront of a room full of fellow Lekkies and be all animated and exaggerated while doing it. I now wish I had volunteered during that session to see it. Not sure what the purpose of that particular exercise is other than embarassing :oops: the person into some altered state of conciousness :roll:

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: September 20, 2007 06:25AM

The Shadow
IFLP ???? - i don't know what that is!!! :?:

Vic-Luc, don't fret...the comic release is something I just came up with right now...no biggie...do it, don't do it...no pressure... :lol: [love these!]

I just felt like laughing, and encouraging others to laugh too...there is scientific proof to show that laughing promotes good health and reduces stress (er, not really rocket science, what? :roll: )

regards,
'shad'
keep smiling :)

I wrote "IFLP," because it's my own acronym: "Introduction to Fellow Losers Program."

But yeah, in the ILP program, they do mirror exercises. You look in the mirror and laugh hysterically and practise hysterical happiness.

You're learning what I learnt in theater by doing that: acting, being fake, phony, or *gasp* INAUTHENTIC.

You also learn what I learned in sales: tricking the mark.

I go back and read what LE apologists write.

NOW THAT...Makes me laugh my ass off!

Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: September 20, 2007 06:25AM

thanks, 'Zorro'

see, I have not done the Landmark courses, only been to two "graduations" [so clled!! :roll: ] and one session with a special guest speaker who everyone [the lekkies] was raving about -- so I am not familiar with some of the terms.- [eg. ILP?]

but I will tell you I was VERY :oops: [EMBARRASSED] when one of the 'graduates' took the mike to give her testimonial. I had never met the woman before - she was very excited and told the whole group that because of the Advanced Course she had made a very important decision, which was to tell her husband that she was giving up her lover and was going to fully commit herself to her marriage!!!! - sheesh- I was flabbergasted. I told my friend, "cripes, what a weirdo, standing up in front of a bunch of strangers and exposing such a private matter." My friend just said, "well, we are all really one big family"...

lord help us, what a bunch of BS! - I'm still shaking my head!!! :roll:

-shad

p.s. see why I need to look at MYSELF in the mirror and check my own reality! :)

Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: September 20, 2007 06:32AM

"Vic-Luc

But yeah, in the ILP program, they do mirror exercises. You look in the mirror and laugh hysterically and practise hysterical happiness.

[/quote

Well, I can see why you might be nervous...but I have to comment, I have noticed that when people laugh [b:210a561804]hysterically[/b:210a561804] it is usually a sign of nervousness or a form of stress release.

That is not the kind of laughter I am encouraging....

regards,
'shad'

Date: September 20, 2007 06:55AM

Vic-Luc,

I like your acronym "IFLP" :lol:

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: September 23, 2007 08:19AM

The chair spacing (actually - lack thereof) also throws the participants off balance as there is just no room to relax. I'm small yet was squished between two rather portly gentlemen during the first couple hours of the Forum. If I had relaxed even a bit, I would have been leaning on one of their shoulders. SO, lack of sleep, nutrition, quality air, sunlight, room to relax, uncomfortable chairs, weird language, circular reasoning, people taking notes in the back, people spilling out their most personal secrets and being screamed at - what's not to like?

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: September 23, 2007 08:28AM

The Shadow
"Vic-Luc

[/quote

Well, I can see why you might be nervous...but I have to comment, I have noticed that when people laugh [b:ae7b1964d6]hysterically[/b:ae7b1964d6] it is usually a sign of nervousness or a form of stress release.

That is not the kind of laughter I am encouraging....

regards,
'shad'

Laughter in dealing with stress is, a lot of times, socially inappropriate and unhealthy...the laughter covers the fear/nervousness and gets "stuffed." People who stuff emotions crack up everntually and the reaction/fallout ain't pretty.

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: September 23, 2007 09:17AM

SO, lack of sleep, nutrition, quality air, sunlight, room to relax, uncomfortable chairs, weird language, circular reasoning, people taking notes in the back, people spilling out their most personal secrets and being screamed at - what's not to like?

LOL! :lol:
All that with the expectation that you were going to sit there and learn to be free and happy.

Landmark technology: How to [i:ecb61b7af0]create[/i:ecb61b7af0] a forest without trees.

Date: September 23, 2007 12:51PM

The Shadow
I am not familiar with some of the terms.- [eg. ILP?]

Shad,

Hopefully this will help you and others not familiar with some of the Landmark speak:

SELP - Self Expression and Leadership Program

SELP is where Lekkies create a project and take it out into the community or communities (our different social circles that we all have). What this means is that you go get non Lekkies to volunteer to help you get a project done. For instance raising money for a charity by putting on an event. Lekkies have 3 months to do this. And it is essentially designed for the Lekkie to fail. Not many people have ever worked in a volunteer organization to begin with to try to get something done, much less do it while being brain washed! They indirectly cause the Lekkies to use non Lekkies to push Landmarks agenda indirectly. That way if the Lekkies project succeeds Landmark can take credit for it. They don't come out and say it but its basically...."See, because of Landmark, I was able to do this wonderful thing to help a certain group of people." Which to me is basically a marketing ploy to get more people that they can brain wash and have them give them money.

Now if the Lekkie fails at the project....well they can do it again, or take more courses in order to get what they want out of life. 'Cause god knows the anxiety of failure the poor Lekkie is having. They need a new course to keep them feeling happy. And which course would that be.....but....the ILP. For the Lekkie that has failed and needs a second chance at redemption and for the Lekkie who's project succeeded and is now as unstoppable as a freight train and is feeling the urge to make it their life long mission to transform the world.

ILP - Introduction Leaders Program

Six more months of indoctrination where you travel great distances for more brainwashing and work your ass off in what little left over time you have left in your Zombie life in promoting Landmark and recruiting people to suck the life out of. If you succeed at meeting your measures and are "candiadateable" you might get to lead Introductions to the Landmark Forum! :D :D "Oh my I'm so happy I could pee all over myself.....I get to work for free and tell people for a couple of hours at a time that a blissful life is just a short step away....all you have to do is pay $495 and let Landmark start the brainwashing process....you do like taking a mental taser to the brain don't you?" :D :D

Posted by: Jeri442 ()
Date: September 23, 2007 02:02PM

The chair spacing (actually - lack thereof) also throws the participants off balance as there is just no room to relax. I'm small yet was squished between two rather portly gentlemen during the first couple hours of the Forum. If I had relaxed even a bit, I would have been leaning on one of their shoulders. SO, lack of sleep, nutrition, quality air, sunlight, room to relax, uncomfortable chairs, weird language, circular reasoning, people taking notes in the back, people spilling out their most personal secrets and being screamed at - what's not to like?

This is very true of PSI. I remember the basic and having to sit with the chairs together and how uncomfortable this made me. I also remember the music and the dancing and how there was always someone in the back of the room. Then when I “volunteered” to staff the basic after PSI7 I was sitting in the back of the room; taking notes. And there was always complaints about the temperature.

Current Page: 9 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.