Anthony "Tony" Robbins ?
Posted by: socrates ()
Date: April 23, 2004 06:51AM

hi everybody, my name's socrates and i'd like to share...

no, only kidding. I did EST about 20 years ago and left with the conclusion that some unexplained S+M dynamic was at work... the trainers were like professional infomercial actors who read from a giant training manual. Among the bones I have to pick with them is that they were intellectually dishonest by constantly evading real questions and doing amazing doubletalk that got them away from difficult points they weren't prepared for. The other bone to pick is that they were the most incompetent philosophers I have met. They spouted truisms about as well as gas station raconteurs and mind numbing hypnotic thought loops, including the dumbest single thing ever spoken "understanding is the booby prize"... please tell that to Bill Gates...

In a nut, my brain is well fortified against these mental serial onanists. I had listened to the tapes of Tony Robbins and thought that he made sense. Perhaps he isn't the greatest light that Western Civilization has ever known however his material is linear where the EST-Forum rap tend to be circular in nature and he also seems to be focused on results and capabilities instead of blind obedience to the memory of a guru and all the guru's pet mantras.

Enlighten me please. What is the story with Robbins ? Are his people on the level ? Is it just another circus people go to to play with new identities ? :confused:

Options: ReplyQuote
Anthony "Tony" Robbins ?
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: April 23, 2004 08:21AM

The latter. TR uses every trick in the book and even goes as far as to explain to his audience how he uses every trick in the book - and charges them money for it.

Do a search on the boards here. There is a lot of info. You might have to scroll down to the bottom of the menu page and click on the icon that will bring you back to the beginning of the threads that are archived.

Anthony "Tony" Robbins ?
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: April 23, 2004 09:42AM

Do a search on this forum for Tony Robbins. I have written a lot about him.
Robbins is not some little "self-help guru".
He is a Master Manipuator, doing NLP, Eriksonian Hypnosis, and many other "mind-control" methods.

Search this forum for Robbins, and read those threads.
Don't give Robbins any more of your money.
Robbins is NOT on the level.

Coz

Anthony "Tony" Robbins ?
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: April 25, 2004 09:01AM

I think half of those has-been celebrities are there because for Robbins, Persuading people like that is like taking candy from a baby.
A few other are there because they are promoting their own interests, and will do anything to be on tv.

The rest of the "true believers" are something else.
What Robbins does is "cherry pick" from his fans, to find those who have been successful, and claim its because of him. The reality is, i bet those folks would have been successful WITHOUT Robbins, and in a large group of people, a certain % will be a success. So just get a big fan base, and 1% of them are successes, and put those ones on tv! Its easy!

You don't see the dozens of Robbins bankrupt franchisees on TV! But you can read about them at the FTC!
------
ANTHONY ROBBINS AGREES TO PAY MORE THAN $220,000
IN CONSUMER REDRESS TO SETTLE ALLEGED FRANCHISE RULE VIOLATIONS
[www.ftc.gov]

[www.tonyrobbins.com]
------------
But his recent infomercial is a classic study in Mass Perusasion. It looks like a simple infomercial, but it is really quite subtle, complex, and effective. Its quite instructive to CAREFULLY analyze what he is doing in that infomercial. Its no different than the techniques used by some of the mainstream cults.

Coz

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.