Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Landmark - Oppressors of Free Speech
Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: November 05, 2007 03:19PM

the good news is that as soon as offices are closed they stay closed, and the spook is over, as in France, Switzerland, Sweden or Denmark ... and they leave some people happy, some people indifferent and many annoyed with Landmark. I think in the end LEC courses are not what people really want or need or what works, and the worst thing is their aggressive marketing and recruitment strategy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: November 05, 2007 07:33PM

MartinH
the good news is that as soon as offices are closed they stay closed, and the spook is over, as in France, Switzerland, Sweden or Denmark ... and they leave some people happy, some people indifferent and many annoyed with Landmark. I think in the end LEC courses are not what people really want or need or what works, and the worst thing is their aggressive marketing and recruitment strategy.

Don't forget the unpaid laborer practices.

Ya gotta wonder if they have been investigated for this by labor bureaus of Federal Governments other than the United States, four times, and France, twice ...

Posted by: caligari ()
Date: November 06, 2007 01:15AM

MartinH

It seems that Landmark is a slowly leaking, sinking boat. As more people get involved, most leave within a few months, a few stay dedicated with most burning out and some coming out negative. An indifference and skepticism grows in the population for recruiting. With that, most of the "tech" is from New Age movements of the 60's and 70's and Scientology. Society has moved past that and become skeptical of New Age idealism. So far Landmark has been moving deck chairs on the Titanic. Even if they manage to stop most negative press, they're becoming outdated. Unless they dramatically change, they'll probably end in a whimper toward the 2020 goal.

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: November 06, 2007 08:33AM

Like I said, look at the trends for this est/LE tech historically.

And your remark about moving the deck chairs on the Titanic is spot on: LE is the ship that claims it can never sink. Built from the hull of est that made the same claim and subsequently sunk.

One day, this is going to make a fantastic documentary or even a semi-doc Hollywood film, complete with Sam Rockwell as Erhard.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: November 06, 2007 03:43PM

With regard to our commercial news broadcasters, it is very much like A Current Affair (we have that show on another channel).

But as they say, all advertising is good. And as I said before, that show gets the numbers watching, so it will have some impact even if it's just a catalyst for more of this kind of reporting.

But for greater depth and impact (because I think a fair few who are enticed by LEC wouldn't lower themselves enough to watch Today Tonight or A Current Affair) is for journos on the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Commission) to do something. And when they do, I think you might as well throw all the chairs overboard!

Is that ANOTHER iceberg, Werner?

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: November 06, 2007 03:47PM

Errata

On second thought, and from some experience, the typical Lekkie is fairly dull and stupid and perfect fodder for these commercial infotainment programs. In fact, my guess is that a large % of Lekkanoids don't read too good either...

Posted by: Anti-Forum Gal ()
Date: November 06, 2007 03:57PM

I wonder if the following is true? (it's from that message board that I linked to here earlier):

A former acquaintance who's become heavily involved with Landmark confided in a few of us that Landmark intends to "take over Vancouver" (which is second only to NYC in "enrollments").

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: November 06, 2007 04:21PM

You're right about the dull and stupid part.

My ex, a native lifelong Australian, knew very scant about AUSTRALIAN HISTORY and GEOGRAPHY.

And had nil past a high school education.

Date: November 06, 2007 04:53PM

all dull and stupid :-)

Date: November 06, 2007 08:41PM

I experienced selfish and arrogant people, that throw people out of programs, that have the lightest criticism, it is their favourite sport

Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.