Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Landmark - Oppressors of Free Speech
Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: November 03, 2007 11:40PM

I'm glad that the Today Tonight show interviewed Louise Samway. Her book "Dangerous Persuaders" is an excellent book covering the topic of mind control and what goes on in cults and LGAT's such as Landmark Education. I highly reccomend her book to anyone wanting to become educated about Cults, LGAT's, Guru's, etc. The book is an easy read and can be downloaded from her web site for free.

Here is a link to her website where you all can get the book: [www.louisesamways.com.au]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: November 04, 2007 11:54AM

Best of all ... the book by Louise Samway is available as a free download for one and all. I like this lady already! What a top woman.

Vic-Luc: Would it be fair to say that Landmark are retreating to Sydney? This is most interesting.

John

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: November 04, 2007 08:30PM

There's certainly some rumbling beneath the foundations of Landmark Australia.

Hip hip hoorah!

All we need now is for a slightly more legitimate news broadcaster to make a story (sorry to burst your bubble non-Australians, but Today Tonight is considered somewhat lightweight. Hey, but it does have an audience).

Date: November 04, 2007 08:35PM

I know what you mean about the credibility of Today Tonight and I'll be the first (otherwise) to being it up.

However, in-between being sued for defamation, they provide a valuable service to the public. Kind of. Well, they broadcast the sort of scare fodder that keeps the household grocery buyers watching ... and this is good for the rating and advertisers. After all, it is commercial TV and selling advertising is what it's all about in the end. :-)

John

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: November 04, 2007 11:27PM

John Fox
FWIW, Landmark Education in Brisbane, Australia is having some tough times.

I think their term is a "breakdown" when you only get 15 people enrolled and showing up for a LE "relationships" course instead of the intended 60 participants. Only having 15 people enrolled/sold is not regarded as being right or wrong, but a breakdown.
John

exactly the same is happening in Frankfurt, Germany. Maybe new policy, closing all offices with less than 15 registrations a week ....
Frankfurt is the office for all German speaking countries (> 100 Mio), and this actually shows how insignificant Landmark is ... think of other, totally unrelated activities (e.g. sports courses at a local university) where you need to register as early as possible, otherwise all courses for the year are filled within a week (only with local people), e.g. 20 courses a 20 people.

Date: November 05, 2007 01:24AM

John Fox
However, in-between being sued for defamation, they provide a valuable service to the public. Kind of. Well, they broadcast the sort of scare fodder that keeps the household grocery buyers watching ... and this is good for the rating and advertisers. After all, it is commercial TV and selling advertising is what it's all about in the end. :-)

John

John,

Sounds like they aren't afraid to go up against organizations and people like Landmark, being that it sounds like they get sued for defimation on a regular basis.

Can ya'll export them to the rest of the world? We sorely need it.

Date: November 05, 2007 01:31AM

Furthermore, imagine the size of a population-base that Landmark needs in order to get enough white-collar gullibles fill their course quotas! It's quite obvious that they will never have genuine significant chunks of the population doing their courses in the same way that Amway/MLMs etc never had a real chance of taking over the way we do our shopping.

The best they can do is to try to get their quotas and eek an existence. Such a seemingly powerful organisation is actually so strugglingly pathetic ... and deathly scared of the legal 'discovery' process too.

John

PS. Dang typos!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2007 01:34AM by John Fox.

Date: November 05, 2007 01:41AM

Could the reason that they are having difficulty in Australia is that Australia simply doesn't have enough people at around 20.5 million. We have over 23 million people in the state of Texas alone as a comparison.

I'm theorizing that they need a certain population density in order for their recruitment model to work effectively.

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: November 05, 2007 04:52AM

John Fox--

What MartinH describes is what I gather is happening. Landroids are moving to be closer to Syndney as there's no money in convincing people in Bris-Veg or Adelaide to spend money getting on a plane and on a course to go to Sydney...being that there's no money in even convincing those in Bris or Adel to shell out money for teh Forum.
Small population of the country makes LE a poor place to be in...20 million. The word gets around, ya know? Burnout.

'Today Tonight' is like 'A Current Affair,' eh Jack? Mistook it for an Oz version of NBC's Today show... At this point I'm unconcerned. In small pops, when a meme/virus like LE spreads, it affects too many people and there's a backlash. Which is what I'm understanding is happening now. The only action is from the TOTAL convert Landroids in Sydney and the Americans now flocking to it from CA as they've burned the Los Angeles market out.

As I've said before, we're witnessing est as LE reaching a late 70s pinnacle, all current world culture conditions being similar.

It's all downhill from here. Guys, just step back from all of this and look at it for what it is,

(Especially if CoS is getting armed, which I respect them for highly...Werner _did_ steal it from them wholesale without even offering to pay royalties).

Date: November 05, 2007 02:36PM

Vic-Luc
The only action is from the TOTAL convert Landroids in Sydney and the Americans now flocking to it from CA as they've burned the Los Angeles market out.

So the market is drying up in LA? I thought they were doing well out there? Back when I was in LE they had course offerings every week it seemed in the LA area. This is very interesting. Did word get around. If so how? PM me with the answers...could be useful here in Texas.

Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.