Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Lekkies leaving Landmark
Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: October 19, 2007 10:03PM

I recently found out that 3 Lekkies that I used to know have recently left Landmark! From the sound of it they became disillusioned, to what extent I don't know. At least they are back in society now. Hopefully they will get over Landmark's influence and control.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lekkies leaving Landmark
Posted by: mydogfido ()
Date: October 20, 2007 04:19AM

What are Lekkies?

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: October 20, 2007 04:48AM

that is AWESOME news!! Good for them, there is hope!

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: October 20, 2007 06:32AM

*claps and cheers*

Tell 'em to PM me so I can give 'em a hand if they need it.

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: October 20, 2007 03:09PM

From my expereience most people who put in a lot of time and effort into landmark become disillusioned. Landmark can not give them the same highs they had at the beginning of their time with landmark and they start seeing the cracks behind the facade alot more easily.

Its virtually like a drug addiction - You can't see the problems it is causing until you hit the bottom and the drugs are not giving you the same high anymore

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: October 21, 2007 04:47AM

mydogfido
What are Lekkies?

Landmark graduates, apologists; also known as Landmarkians (obviously from the land of Landmarkia). Derived from Trekkies, ie Star Trek fundamentalists ...

Date: October 21, 2007 05:43AM

You forgot "Landmarketers" and "Landmarketeers."

Date: October 22, 2007 09:41PM

Vic-Luc
You forgot "Landmarketers" and "Landmarketeers."

Oh, kind of like Mouseketeers, huh? except they don't get paid...

Date: October 22, 2007 11:35PM

sonnie_dee
From my expereience most people who put in a lot of time and effort into landmark become disillusioned. Landmark can not give them the same highs they had at the beginning of their time with landmark and they start seeing the cracks behind the facade alot more easily.

Its virtually like a drug addiction - You can't see the problems it is causing until you hit the bottom and the drugs are not giving you the same high anymore

Thanks sonnie dee. This makes so much sense to me. I wonder if many people who have recovered from drug and alcohol addiction substitute Landmark as an addiction.

I wonder too if someone who had quit alcohol or drugs successfully, and then tried the Forum, would have a risk of returning to their previous addictive behavior after going through their "transformation."

Date: October 23, 2007 07:07AM

mydogfido
sonnie_dee
I wonder too if someone who had quit alcohol or drugs successfully, and then tried the Forum, would have a risk of returning to their previous addictive behavior after going through their "transformation."

Actually they do. I've seen it firsthand. And the only thought in their mind is getting out of rehab to hit another course.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.