Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
LE and the "The Matrix" Analogy
Posted by: Blue Pill ()
Date: October 07, 2007 02:09AM

I m guessing most LE survivors here have heard the Leaders using the extract from the Matrix where Morpheus is explaining to Neo the real reason for the Matrix and its purpose - "You have been living in a dream world Neo". So basically Landmark are trying to use a well known film to convince everyone that until stumbling into Landmark, they have been in an "unreal" world.

The audacity of this is so stunning its funny isn't it!!!!!!

Morpheus goes onto say "Have you ever had the feeling that something with the world was wrong". Funny, I remember when that happened to me. I came across a piece of paper, an LE document entitled "Life Integrity Checklist". It was a long list of stuff which LE slaves have to go through and check for to ensure they are living their lives with integrity. Things like getting to work on time, having a clean and tidy house, even their health & fitness and amount of sleep! I thought the last one to be particularly ironic since the LE slaves are expected to work till small hours of the morning on week-nights!

The hypocrisy beggars belief!!!!!

I remember a chill went through my bones when I saw this. LE quite literally telling their slaves how to run their day to day lives according to their agenda of integrity. This was my “waking moment” – like Neo waking up in the glass chamber before being rescued by Morpheus.

“You have been living in a dream world” – Yes a dream world where LE are a benign entity interested in human development.

P.S – My handle is not a coincidence! If only I had taken that pill in the first place.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: October 07, 2007 02:43AM

Yep, I heard the reference to the Matrix in Landmark as well. Then when I took the Advanced Communications Course I guess you could say that I swallowed the Blue Pill and found out that the rabbit hole ran really deep and Landmark was like the Matrix instead of the other way around! :shock:

My my the hipocracy :roll:

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: October 07, 2007 04:30AM

Blue Pill
I m guessing most LE survivors here have heard the Leaders using the extract from the Matrix where Morpheus is explaining to Neo the real reason for the Matrix and its purpose - "You have been living in a dream world Neo". So basically Landmark are trying to use a well known film to convince everyone that until stumbling into Landmark, they have been in an "unreal" world.

The audacity of this is so stunning its funny isn't it!!!!!!

Blue, they use that film as a selling tool because the writer/director brothers [i:58476b588e]are[/i:58476b588e] LE grads and are really into Landmark.

Same thing with the writer of the novel, 'Fight Club,' and Neil Gaiman of 'Sandman' fame.

Posted by: hampton ()
Date: October 07, 2007 05:38AM

I was proudly told by a Forum leader that "Pay it Forward" and "What the Bleep Do We Know" are, in his words, "products of this education." I took that to mean that without Landmark, the films would not exist. I haven't seen either film so I do not know how the content is analogous to Landmark "technology." Can anyone here respond?

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: October 07, 2007 06:17AM

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: October 07, 2007 09:26AM

hampton
I was proudly told by a Forum leader that "Pay it Forward" and "What the Bleep Do We Know" are, in his words, "products of this education." I took that to mean that without Landmark, the films would not exist. I haven't seen either film so I do not know how the content is analogous to Landmark "technology." Can anyone here respond?

Both have nothing to do with LE. 'Pay it Forward' was the name of a book by Catherine Ryan Hyde that didn't acknowledge the origin and subsequent foundation that bore its name: The Heinlein Society named after the sci-fi writer Robert A. Heinlein who coined the term first in one of his books, 'Between Planets,' published in 1951, hardly a connection to LE.

The writer of the novel, 'Pay it Froward,' has a Pay it Forward Foundation which does not give credit to Heinlein or have any affiliation with Landmark Education. Catherine Ryan Hyde has no LE affiliation, past or present. I suppose it could be considered part of LE in the sense that LE appropriated the concept and film as their doing, as is typical est/LE modus operandi of stealing others' ideas and passing it off as their own.

But the conection to the movie as LE portrays is patently false. It is eerily similar to the way Werner ripped off the name "EST" for his organization from a sci-fi novel and then made it a backronym for Erhard Seminars Training and also standing for the Latin word "to be." The novel was a science fiction novel called 'est: The Steersman Handbook,' written by an author named L. Clark Stevens. In his book, Stevens wrote that "est" stood for "electronic social transformation," and heralded the arrival of "est people" who were computer-literate/technically-minded folk bent on transforming society.

'What the Bleep Do We Know!' is largely based on cobbled-together quackery and the teachings of JZ Knight (CEO of Ramtha's School of Enlightenment) who "channels" the spirit of "Ramtha," a "Lemurian warrior who fought the Atlantians over 35,000 years ago," among other spirits she "channels." Again, this has no connection to LE. Incidentally, the makers of said movie are embroiled in their own controversy. Regarding LE, this is another example of LE taking someone else's work and appropriating it for their own use.

Hope this clears things up. Landmark Education has a habit of Leaders who steal other's ideas and pass the off as part of LE's "work." The problem is that the people who attend LE are too stupid to do any independent research to verify anything a Leader or Coach presents as "fact." These are people (staff and participants) with bubblegum brains who obtain transformational advice from Oprah Winfrey.

"QUACK QUACK QUACK QUAAAACK!"

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: October 07, 2007 09:33AM

With regard to LEC and The Matrix, nothing new here. An organism like LEC does what it can to borrow 'ideas' and brand them their own. Part of the give away is how closely they hold their own so-called technologies/techniques to their chests. It is no surprise that LEC, like EST and CO$, are a mish mash of 'whatever works' to rake in the cash.

If LEC was to be personified - made into a single, humanlike entity - the results would not be pretty. Think TV evangelist-cum-Used Car Salesman-cum-Drug Dealer and IMO you wouldn't be far off target (in fact, I'm probably just spouting the obvious).

It's a simple mind that resorts to selling other peoples ideas. I mean, what has happened to us? For Earth's sake, we have the Internet and a lifetime of experience and knowledge to see through their veil of deceit. Well, many of us do. Of course it doesn't mean we won't be fooled occassionally, but how else do we hone our radars.

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: October 07, 2007 11:55AM

The problem is that the people who attend LE are too stupid to do any independent research to verify anything a Leader or Coach presents as "fact."

Thus the ability of landmark to create sheeple. If landmark had the sharpest-knives-in-the-drawer to deal with every time they held a forum, theyd've gone out of business decades ago.

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: October 08, 2007 05:06AM

ON2 LF

The problem is that the people who attend LE are too stupid to do any independent research to verify anything a Leader or Coach presents as "fact."

Thus the ability of landmark to create sheeple. If landmark had the sharpest-knives-in-the-drawer to deal with every time they held a forum, theyd've gone out of business decades ago.

at this point comes the STRIKING Landmark argument :twisted: : Landmark is not about the truth or discussing who is right ... it is about something else, nonlinear learning or so ... and the course goes on, no issue is ever discussed. Even the sharpest-knives are simply shut down.

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: October 08, 2007 05:11AM

I "learned" during the FORUM not to ask whether something is right or wrong. I was rather looking for some event to happen in myself or others as soon as I gave up to be analytical or critical. I guess this is a part of the LGAT brainwashing.

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.