Current Page: 3 of 4
LE and the "The Matrix" Analogy
Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: October 09, 2007 05:48AM

maurice
yutolia
This strikes me as similar to Landmark's practice of claiming past people of great importance "did not have access to the Forum but embodied it's meaning" and that these people would have been "enrolled" if they had the opportunity. People like Martin Luther King and Gandhi that actually probably would have run screaming from the Forum had it actually been around when they were.

Oh yes. They said the same in London. Martin Luther King, Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, Jesus Christ (the son of Werner Erhard), Buddha, Madonna, Churchill: they have all been named as landmarkian 'ad honorem' (most of them posthumously and as Yutolia said surely against their will).

On the 'bad guys' list, Mother Theresa. (A selfish showing-off saint-wannabe who helped others for free only because she wanted to look good) *

The 'Wasted Potential': Hitler (for the nazi people's commitment to the leader)

[source: landmarkians comments]

My ex was essential in getting out the evils of Mother Theresa...she thought that was an important point to make. "Everyone" has dirt on them, she'd say...I guess comparing Erhard to Theresa is a HUGE stretch.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 09, 2007 05:51AM

I wonder...

if they'd say MLK Jr. was responsible for him getting assasinated?

Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: October 09, 2007 11:10AM

yutolia
This strikes me as similar to Landmark's practice of claiming past people of great importance "did not have access to the Forum but embodied it's meaning" and that these people would have been "enrolled" if they had the opportunity. People like Martin Luther King and Gandhi that actually probably would have run screaming from the Forum had it actually been around when they were.

Maybe, then they would have gotten to the Advanced Communications Course where they would have been told that they really don't have a choice and to accept their current respective situations because they can't do anything about it anyway! I.E. MLK, sit at the back of the bus, and Ghandi don't bother yourself, let the opposing factions in India continue to rip the country apart.

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: October 09, 2007 05:05PM

all very dangerous stuff, LE zombies, recruiting other zombies ... life is empty and meaningless, Hitler was empty and meaningless ... MLK empty and meaningless ... Mother Theresa was running a racket ... o my god ...

Posted by: Blue Pill ()
Date: October 09, 2007 10:03PM

MartinH
all very dangerous stuff, LE zombies, recruiting other zombies ... life is empty and meaningless, Hitler was empty and meaningless ... MLK empty and meaningless ... Mother Theresa was running a racket ... o my god ...

Yes, but I think we should put this into perspective. There is NO WAY these bunch of Looney tunes are going to recruit everyone in the world into their ridiculous world of group fixes and confessions. This and other sites are testimony to the fact that there are enough people with the brains and self respect not to be sucked in (at least not all the way). I'll bet there are many, many of the zombies who know its all very wrong and will escape the trance some day. :roll:

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: October 09, 2007 10:16PM

Blue Pill
MartinH

Yes, but I think we should put this into perspective. There is NO WAY these bunch of Looney tunes are going to recruit everyone in the world into their ridiculous world of group fixes and confessions. This and other sites are testimony to the fact that there are enough people with the brains and self respect not to be sucked in (at least not all the way). I'll bet there are many, many of the zombies who know its all very wrong and will escape the trance some day. :roll:

of course, they won't. And this is the one and only best ever ANTI-Landmark discussion website :twisted:

During my time at Landmark, I phoned enough ex-Landmarkians from the office. I know that many ex-graduates changed their mind. But why didn't I leave, when they told me the nonsense about the great and unique work of Mother Theresa. Now I see more and more how sick and inhuman this Landmark thinking sometimes is.

Date: October 09, 2007 10:24PM

MartinH,

What were they saying about Mother Teresa's work? I don't recall much if anything.

Now at the Center where I took Landmark they were always referring to Ghandi and his great work. They seemed to be really into the whole passive resistance thing....mainly getting people to be passive.

Which I can only see two things from it. Passive to the state that a person doesn't have any built in resistance left and blindly accepts Landmark ideology. The second just being out right Passive Agressive.

Posted by: elena ()
Date: October 10, 2007 12:10AM

Zorro
MartinH,

What were they saying about Mother Teresa's work? I don't recall much if anything.

Now at the Center where I took Landmark they were always referring to Ghandi and his great work. They seemed to be really into the whole passive resistance thing....mainly getting people to be passive.

Which I can only see two things from it. Passive to the state that a person doesn't have any built in resistance left and blindly accepts Landmark ideology. The second just being out right Passive Agressive.

Spot on, Zorro. The "passivity" is just another trick to get people to accept having the Landmark programming shoved down their throats. Early on, Werner Erhard took a perfectly good Zen "concept" of acceptance and non-resistance and perverted it into a mechanism of control -- his. It's the usual order of power seeking to maintain power or the status quo, only dressed up in some exotic Eastern garb instead of the usual patronizing Western religious robes. It was concocted originally to appeal to '70s adventurous housewife-type sensibilities who were a little late to the '60s banquet of imported belief-systems.

Ellen

Date: October 10, 2007 01:29AM

In Syndey, they use the Mother Theresa example like this (my ex liked to practice the ILP stuff on me. Jesus wept.):

"Well, I know you say LE and Werner have some dirt on them. Did you know Mother Theresa does as well? Here's the website. See? No one is without fault, everyone has dirt on them, but it doesn't stop people from getting something out of church...so why would dirt on LE stop the hundreds of thousands of people who benefit from it?"

It sounds fine for a second. Maybe. Then you realise that Mother Theresa had a vow of poverty and had really made no bones about what was going on...and that her main goal was to protect life.

Werner...I guess he does have something in common with the Catholic Church, tangentially. He "allegedly" had sex with his underage children. I guess that could be see "technically" the same as the situation with priests and pedophelia. I don't remember Theresa cursing people or commiting bigamy...or running away...or hiding anything but her diaries.

Theresa's basically an open book at this point. Werner? I guess if he was dead, it would help LE out in as much as Hubbard's death helped out the CoS.

Then Nate, Joan, Ellen, and Harry would still be around. Quite an incestuous bunch, eh?

I couldn't make the connection between the two...then I was told Colonol Sanders was a failure before he founded KFC based on another website they sent her (which was sent to me). And that just wasn't true, not at all.

He was retired, though. Does that make Werner a failure now? The logic was that the Colonel was poor and made himself rich by stopping by a ton of different restaurants and showed them their cooking, and got so many "NOs" before he got a "Yes." I think this was their way of saying people will say NO to LE but if you keep selling, someone will say yes, and you'll be succesful.

Date: October 10, 2007 01:54AM

Colonel Sanders was a failure :!: :roll: OMG what are those nut bags going to come up with next? I can say one thing...there's something fried alright, and it sure the hell ain't the chicken!

Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.