Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Fundraising at Landmark
Posted by: hampton ()
Date: October 06, 2007 08:55AM

Has anyone encountered fundraising at Landmark? There was an event at a Landmark center to raise money for Landmark's opening into China. It was marketed as an event to honor a man who was a humanitarian or something – I had never heard of the person. Tickets were sold to the event, with higher priced tickets available for seats near the front. As with everything in Landmark, there was a hard sell to purchase tickets. I did not attend, but people who did in my course were invited afterward to "share" about the experience and they spoke of it in almost awe-inspiring terms. How very sad that a for-profit business can so effectively manipulate people to give more money so they can open more for-profit centers.

I was in a Landmark course after Hurricane Katrina and a basket was passed around for participants to give cash that would supposedly go to the Red Cross for hurricane relief. I could imagine that Landmark would give a fraction of the money away and keep the rest for themselves as an administrative fee for handling the donations. And where there is cash involved, the accounting books inevitably fly out the window. To continue the sentiment that Landmark is a warm and caring organization, the course leader announced that Landmark was giving "scholarships" to anyone from New Orleans to attend the Forum for free. How convenient – take people who are completely traumatized and probably at the lowest emotional point of their lives, and use their susceptibility to indoctrinate them in Landmark "technology."

In the same course, a participant stood up and invited everyone to attend a concert that he was throwing to raise money for his relatives who lost their home in Katrina. He was reprimanded by the course leader for self-promotion. Anyone see a contradiction here? :?

Options: ReplyQuote
Fundraising at Landmark
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: October 06, 2007 10:23AM

In the same course, a participant stood up and invited everyone to attend a concert that he was throwing to raise money for his relatives who lost their home in Katrina. He was reprimanded by the course leader for self-promotion. Anyone see a contradiction here?

Landmark certainly won't tolerate any rivals, real or perceived.

That is about the lowest a bunch of snakes can crawl! [i:f47130f585]You know that they know[/i:f47130f585] they are dealing with pitiful pawns and puppets when they get that bold in their hypocracy. About that time, 100% of the room should've been walking out and never returning again. What a bunch of lowlifes. But I guess, the whole hunger project affair should've been clear enough writing on the wall for things to come with what is now Landmark Education.

Fundraising at Landmark
Posted by: Blue Pill ()
Date: October 06, 2007 07:00PM

ON2 LF

In the same course, a participant stood up and invited everyone to attend a concert that he was throwing to raise money for his relatives who lost their home in Katrina. He was reprimanded by the course leader for self-promotion. Anyone see a contradiction here?

Landmark certainly won't tolerate any rivals, real or perceived.

That is about the lowest a bunch of snakes can crawl! [i:9f991f1095]You know that they know[/i:9f991f1095] they are dealing with pitiful pawns and puppets when they get that bold in their hypocracy. About that time, 100% of the room should've been walking out and never returning again. What a bunch of lowlifes. But I guess, the whole hunger project affair should've been clear enough writing on the wall for things to come with what is now Landmark Education.

You know it just struck me the very clever way that they use this whole idea of "Service to Others" to legitimise their whole existence. Anyone who has been on the Advanced Course will know that the underlying tenant shifts towards the group rather than the individual. You are encouraged to ditch your own selfish needs and replace them with what's right for "the Group". Then on the SELP seminar series you are asked to take on some sort of project to help an unfortunate group, charity type work etc. Now the individual needs of the convert have pretty much been eradicated, because they are now on an emotional high about being able to serve others. It all feels entirely benign and for the good of mankind.

Now you are ready for the next stage, an invitation to offer your service to the Landmark cause for free! In exchange you will be trained and coached to become an exceptional human being, an amazing leader in fact.

Its all a very cleverly put together deconstruction of "Self" towards "Group" - ie dependency and total commitment to the source of the "Transformation" - Landmark Education.

Evil, manipulative sons of bitches. I respect them and hate them in equal measure. :twisted:

Fundraising at Landmark
Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: October 07, 2007 02:51AM

Then the next step after SELP is the ILP where you get to once again...drum roll..... have the life you want and help influence society and be further asimilated into "group" thinking.

Oh but wait.....don't forget the year long training where you can become a Landmark course leader....or wait how about the "Wisdom Course"?

A person can literally spend years of their life getting the total and complete mind f**k if they so desire it!

Fundraising at Landmark
Date: October 07, 2007 04:22AM

Its all a very cleverly put together deconstruction of "Self" towards "Group" - ie dependency and total commitment to the source of the "Transformation" - Landmark Education.

Evil, manipulative sons of bitches. I respect them and hate them in equal measure.

Hopefully, at that stage of the mind f--k, the attemtps to transfer loyalties from individual to the collective will awaken the fundamental and enduring loyalty one has for their family or even for themselves.
Total committment to the sick bastard [i:e12a544f53]source[/i:e12a544f53] in landmark would require a non-existent place-or-people of origin for loyalty to be exclusively given to some elusive and covert source, assuming that the person hasn't snapped yet.
I agree they are evil and I not only hate everything they stand for, I have NO respect for them whatsoever. Not in any sense of the word. Respect is something I spend on other humans, rarely on an object, sometimes a concept, but never to a psychopathic entity such as landmark education or any other LGAT. I think I'd have more respect for a book-end, at least it serves some good and practical purpose.

Fundraising at Landmark
Posted by: Blue Pill ()
Date: October 07, 2007 04:37AM

Zorro
Then the next step after SELP is the ILP where you get to once again...drum roll..... have the life you want and help influence society and be further asimilated into "group" thinking.

Oh but wait.....don't forget the year long training where you can become a Landmark course leader....or wait how about the "Wisdom Course"?

A person can literally spend years of their life getting the total and complete mind f**k if they so desire it!

Or maybe the Introduction Leader seminar? = We will train you to sell our products. In return we will charge YOU for the pleasure and teach you our own form of evil hard core selling techniques.

Or how about Coaching on the Introduction Leader seminar? = Transfer the knowledge of the evil hard sell techniques which we charged you for in the first place to the next wave of zombies.

Oh, and don't forget our little slaves........commitment to our cause is mandatory. You want a life with friends and family outside this world? F**ck you, you ungrateful little zombie. You are ours now, free to do with you as we please.

You want to walk away from us? Well of course you can, any time, but don't forget, the Landmark drug will be withdrawn, immediately.....do you really want that? Cold turkey on your own because your original group of friends who "didn't get it" are long gone? Your call our little zombie!

Meeehwaahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Fundraising at Landmark
Date: October 07, 2007 04:47AM

Oh, and don't forget our little slaves........commitment to our cause is mandatory. You want a life with friends and family outside this world? F**ck you, you ungrateful little zombie. You are ours now, free to do with you as we please.

You want to walk away from us? Well of course you can, any time, but don't forget, the Landmark drug will be withdrawn, immediately.....do you really want that? Cold turkey on your own because your original group of friends who "didn't get it" are long gone? Your call our little zombie!

sometimes I wish my lost-to-landmarkia friend would be able to speak to people like you....I shudder to think she wants to become the person who turns the unsuspecting into slave zombies. :x

Fundraising at Landmark
Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: October 07, 2007 04:55AM

"Blue Pill"
Zorro

Or maybe the Introduction Leader seminar? = We will train you to sell our products. In return we will charge YOU for the pleasure and teach you our own form of evil hard core selling techniques.

Or how about Coaching on the Introduction Leader seminar? = Transfer the knowledge of the evil hard sell techniques which we charged you for in the first place to the next wave of zombies.

well said ... :(

Fundraising at Landmark
Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: October 07, 2007 09:49AM

Landmark Fundraising.

Isn't that a tautology?

I mean, what else do they do, really?

A slightly off-the-wall analogy might be that LEC are trying the old Bill Gates method to success. As we all know (and taking nothing from the guy), Gates built his empire on a bunch of code that has become the backbone of what many of us do, i.e. use computers. Clever Gates (with help from his friends), is able to make a grand fortune selling little more than ideas and updates. Nothing wrong with that. But I have the sneaking suspicion that LEC is trying like some poor, demented half-cousin to follow suit. Again, nothing wrong with that, except for the web of lies and deceit coming out of their every pore. I mean, Landmark through it's representatives have lied to my face. They have decieved friends and family. We may be able to cope with the 'occassional' Microsoft bug, but LEC is a parasite.

My advice, make sure you have your anti-virus updated or you may find a Landmark Worm nestled in your brain/psyche!

Fundraising at Landmark
Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: October 07, 2007 11:59AM

Blue Pill

I quit Landmark "cold turkey" and found out who my real friends are. Some of them still remained. But what really sux is there are some Lekkies in my old pre Landmark social scene. I found out they were on my old turf after I joined Landmark though. Now, I avoid the place I used to frequent because I know I'll run across them. At some point I'll return but for now I don't care interact with them. But when I do, they're going to get a strong dose of reality with a logical conversation and no talking in circles.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.