Current Page: 2 of 3
Attending an "Introduction to Landmark"
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: October 05, 2007 09:14AM

I went to an intro night, but not at someone's house. It was fun and pretty benign. It was like Oprah Lite. However, it was nothing like the Forum, which is what the intent of the introductory night - have fun, sucker everyone into the Forum. Since my doctor had recommended it, I thought it would be a good thing to do. BOy was I wrong.

Landmark has scripted responses to all your questions, which will all be double-speak.

If your friend tries to pressure you after you've told him you've lost interest, stick to your guns and use Landmark speak against him and simply tell him, "I chose not to go" and don't say anything after that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: hampton ()
Date: October 05, 2007 11:27AM

[b:3618862689]hatotheno,[/b:3618862689] I strongly agree with others here that you should not attend the home introduction. However, I know how persuasive the manipulation can be to attend these events, so if you end up going, I urge you to do the following:

-do not bring your checkbook, credit cards, credit card information, or a substantial amount of cash (even if you have some cash, it can be sucked out of you as a deposit towards a course)
-do not bring any electronic device or printed matter that may contain your personal schedule or calendar (you will be asked to check your availability for upcoming courses, and if they find out that you are free on certain dates – [b:3618862689]watch out[/b:3618862689] – they will do everything to make sure you are at Landmark on those dates)
-do not fill out any Landmark paperwork (you will be asked to complete a form that will include your contact information – [b:3618862689]don't do it[/b:3618862689] – they will consistently and forcefully harass you, particularly by phone, and once they start making their frequent calls, it can be difficult to get them to stop calling you)
-do not reveal any area of your life that you would like to improve (this information will be used and manipulated against you through false promises of "transformation" in that area)

These guidelines may seem ridiculous, but Landmark has carefully programmed every opportunity to separate you from your money. Just save yourself the trouble and [b:3618862689]DO NOT GO!!!![/b:3618862689]

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: October 05, 2007 07:05PM

the true background of the home introductions: an introduction leaders needs a certain statistics to be successful, or if the introduction leader wants to be a seminar leader, he or she needs to be even more successful, there are certain measures to meet. Endless phone calls among leaders and assistants, how many "guests" they intend to invite and so on.

they are very well trained to emphatize with people. Listenting to people and "recreating" their concerns is thought to be the key that people are "enrolled". I do not think intorduction leaders are bad people, they want to contribute to the lifes of other people. But introduction leaders are totally brainwashed, their main goal being to get new registrations for Landmark. After you registered for the course, you and your life are no longer of interest.

Posted by: hatotheno ()
Date: October 05, 2007 07:21PM

Thank you everyone for sharing your opinions...

I have decided that no good can come from attending this thing. The more I read about this sickness the more hopeless it seems for my friend.... sigh

I'll be keeping track of that "How to rescue a lekkie" thread

Date: October 05, 2007 07:54PM

hatotheno
Thank you everyone for sharing your opinions...

I have decided that no good can come from attending this thing. The more I read about this sickness the more hopeless it seems for my friend.... sigh

I'll be keeping track of that "How to rescue a lekkie" thread

I have been involved in Landmark, and I know many people who still are or have been. My genuine opinion is that it is not worth the time and money. I know a women who invited many people to Landmark home introductions for more than nine years. Her whole family, her husband and her children have done Landmark. Her children tell her that it had no effect on them and in their opinion on her, even if she claims. Her husband leaves the house and goes out with friends, as soon as there are introductions in his home. He is totally annoyed about the endless phone calls from Landmark in his house. That's the reality.

Posted by: Blue Pill ()
Date: October 05, 2007 08:55PM

MartinH

they are very well trained to emphatize with people. Listenting to people and "recreating" their concerns is thought to be the key that people are "enrolled". I do not think intorduction leaders are bad people, they want to contribute to the lifes of other people. But introduction leaders are totally brainwashed, their main goal being to get new registrations for Landmark. After you registered for the course, you and your life are no longer of interest.

Thats spot on, although I would go on to say that not only are Introduction Leaders usually fantastic human beings that really do care about people they will care about them even after they have successfully signed people up. I know, I have seen my ex do it - she really wants people to have a great life and she is a sweet, amazing and loveable person who I miss dearly.

The turd in the swimming pool however is the way they are treated by their leaders and the organisation as a whole. Sleep deprived, unpaid Slave labour with no recognition and harsh bullying tactics is what it is. Why they put up with it is a mystery to me, I will never understand how Landmark manages to do this to their volunteer workforce in their thousands over the world and stay in business. I wouldn't put up with that kind of treatment if you paid me a million a year and gave me the best training on the planet. Bizzare, totally Bizzare.

Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: October 05, 2007 09:31PM

Blue Pill
The turd in the swimming pool however is the way they are treated by their leaders and the organisation as a whole. Sleep deprived, unpaid Slave labour with no recognition and harsh bullying tactics is what it is. Why they put up with it is a mystery to me, I will never understand how Landmark manages to do this to their volunteer workforce in their thousands over the world and stay in business. I wouldn't put up with that kind of treatment if you paid me a million a year and gave me the best training on the planet. Bizzare, totally Bizzare.

The volunteers have been brainwashed into believing that what they are doing is good, that it helps people, and that by volunteering they are learning skills that they can use in their daily lives to create and have the life they desire.

How stacking chairs, bussing rooms, and answering phone calls is supposed to make you a better person is beyond me. I guess playing Molly Maid has created all the well known successful people we know today. Maybe its the high pressure sales techniques they teach in such a crappy way that gives people the skills they need to sell themselves into a successful position? I don't think so, I sure as hell haven't seen it work yet.

Posted by: Blue Pill ()
Date: October 05, 2007 09:59PM

Zorro
Blue Pill

The volunteers have been brainwashed into believing that what they are doing is good, that it helps people, and that by volunteering they are learning skills that they can use in their daily lives to create and have the life they desire.

How stacking chairs, bussing rooms, and answering phone calls is supposed to make you a better person is beyond me. I guess playing Molly Maid has created all the well known successful people we know today. Maybe its the high pressure sales techniques they teach in such a crappy way that gives people the skills they need to sell themselves into a successful position? I don't think so, I sure as hell haven't seen it work yet.

Put that to Landmark and I know the answer you would get. Doing the scut work is part of the training my boy, if you don't know how to put a row of chairs precisely as it should be then you can't possibly be let loose on human beings now can you! I wonder now many pre-graduate psychologists are trained in this way - precise pencil sharpening maybe or perhaps mopping down the black reclining chairs?

Its bollocks isn't it. If it looks like Slave labour, if it smells like Slave labour then what is it? Yes, its Slave Labour pure and simple.

On my Advanced Course they showed the bit from Karate Kid - you know "wax on, wax off". The point they were trying to make was you as the student cannot expect to know when, where or how you are being trained. You just have to trust the teacher and do whatever they tell you to do because you are not clever or smart enough to know when you are being trained.

Very, very clever. Reasoning & Critical thought are eliminated and "Pooeef" suddenly stacking chairs becomes the way towards a higher cause.

Date: October 06, 2007 12:02AM

Blue Pill

Its bollocks isn't it. If it looks like Slave labour, if it smells like Slave labour then what is it? Yes, its Slave Labour pure and simple.

hypocrisy + slave labor + feeling superior + registration games ... as long as Landmark does not just offer seminars, it is what is simply called a cult ...

Date: October 06, 2007 12:06AM

what does Landmark tell a graduate who does not want to register other people:
- "your own transformation depends on what you share other people about the Landmark forum"

what if a person does not want to tell family members or colleagues:
- "it is an exercise to take a stand against the opinion of others"

constant pressure for getting new recruits = cult, and nothing else

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.