Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
How do you rescue a LM Junkie?
Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: October 05, 2007 06:57PM

Blue Pill
This is NOT a healthy lifestyle. If Landmark were genuinely concerned about the "well being" of their assistants (that always made me laugh), they would proactively monitor the time people were giving up and set limits to allow them to "Have a life" outside Landmark. Of course in reality, Landmark couldn't care less about the well being of their freebie workforce, the agenda is to squeeze as much time (and new registrations) out of them as possible. The obvious hypocrisy of this chills me to the bone.

I totally agree. Well, nothing wrong about self-improvement courses. Many people inside also don't like the registration nonsense. It is close to criminal, how some of there leaders treat the assistants.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Blue Pill ()
Date: October 05, 2007 08:29PM

MartinH
Blue Pill
This is NOT a healthy lifestyle. If Landmark were genuinely concerned about the "well being" of their assistants (that always made me laugh), they would proactively monitor the time people were giving up and set limits to allow them to "Have a life" outside Landmark. Of course in reality, Landmark couldn't care less about the well being of their freebie workforce, the agenda is to squeeze as much time (and new registrations) out of them as possible. The obvious hypocrisy of this chills me to the bone.

I totally agree. Well, nothing wrong about self-improvement courses. Many people inside also don't like the registration nonsense. It is close to criminal, how some of there leaders treat the assistants.

Yes, I have witnessed it first hand and the thing I find most objectionable. Of course the Leaders will say that they are "Training" them. Thats laughable, I am sure if you look up the definition of training you won't find mention of ridicule, sleep deprived slavery, "perform or out" measurement systems, brow beating, anal & ridiculous expectations of perfection, deliberate manipulation to achieve peer rivalry etc etc.

You know what, if all Landmark did was run their seminars as they are, just cut out the ridiculous rules of participation, let people experience it on their terms, stop the excessive enrolement pressure on their customers and finally pay their workforce and treat them like human beings and not slaves then I for one would be at peace with them and be comfortable for people to take it on if they wished to.

As it stands however I think they are a corrupt, insincere, arrogant bunch of bullies that should be put out of business and purged from existence.

Posted by: yutolia ()
Date: October 06, 2007 03:29AM

ON2 LF
I agree, a lekkies plight is similar to that of a hard core addict. No amount of logic, concern or reasoning will release the hold of the 'drug' on their minds. [u:62dcabed36][i:62dcabed36]Choice[/i:62dcabed36][/u:62dcabed36] is seriously compromised in a lekkie, and that makes it even harder to bring them out of their addiction.

I absolutely agree - I was actually trying to figure out a way to say this in my previous post. Choice [i:62dcabed36]is[/i:62dcabed36] slightly different for lekkies as the thing that they are addicted to involves an actual human being trying to manipulate them, instead of just a drug (which, being just a substance, generally does not tell people to do it or not.)

(':wink:')
-Moderator[/color:62dcabed36]

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: October 10, 2007 10:43AM

You have to give her plenty of room. But don't compromise yourself. If you've made a time to be together and it is usurped by Landmark, just work within the normal limits. Walk out and give her a dirty look. If you get a chance to explain yourself just tell her plainly how you felt. Maybe give her another chance. Be sensitive to any patterns that may be developing and state your grievances. Stick to the point! This is part of a healthy relationship and she should be able to voice her qualms too. But don't get caught up in her jargonised existence, i.e. keep the conversation 'normal' and distant from Landmark terminology, especially if it's used as a smoke screen/conversation stopper. Give her plenty of room to make her own mistakes, to form her own perceptions. It may be too late, but 'addicts' do appreciate help from outside ... good luck!

Re: How do you rescue a LM Junkie?
Posted by: ericmalibu ()
Date: February 21, 2008 02:52PM

You can't save these people. They're lost. Just let go. They have a mental block to hearing the truth. Their mind is already gone if they take the bait. I've been down that path and regret it. You can't help an LGAT junkie. They're losers who'll take you down with them. good luck.

Re: How do you rescue a LM Junkie?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 21, 2008 09:45PM

ericmalibu:

In some situations family interventions may be helpful.

This can be done with a helping professional.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.