Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
How do you rescue a LM Junkie?
Posted by: Blue Pill ()
Date: October 04, 2007 08:20PM

Hopefully you have read my post regarding my experience with my ex girlfriend who is totally addicted to their drug of "human transformation". She does Introduction Leading and on their Coaching course both of which run in blocks of 6 months of "commitment". I know she spends about 20-30 hours per week on this stuff including time there and all the calls and admin work they throw at her. Its quite sickening to witness a wonderful human being who has been brainwashed into thinking this is totally acceptable.

She says she loves it, but I'm sure deep down she knows there is something not right about all this. Clearly I wasn't able to release her from this hell but I feel obligated to try and help her in whatever way I can.

Any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: October 04, 2007 08:45PM

Blue Pill
Hopefully you have read my post regarding my experience with my ex girlfriend who is totally addicted to their drug of "human transformation". She does Introduction Leading and on their Coaching course both of which run in blocks of 6 months of "commitment". I know she spends about 20-30 hours per week on this stuff including time there and all the calls and admin work they throw at her. Its quite sickening to witness a wonderful human being who has been brainwashed into thinking this is totally acceptable.

She says she loves it, but I'm sure deep down she knows there is something not right about all this. Clearly I wasn't able to release her from this hell but I feel obligated to try and help her in whatever way I can.

Any suggestions?

sounds bad, she is probably heavily involved being coach on the ILP (introduction leadr program). I guess she is on a "high", that she does not listen to any criticism for one or two years. For most people this time goes by, only people that go on staff will be heavily involved in Landmark for a longer period of time.

Date: October 04, 2007 09:34PM

MartinH
Blue Pill

Any suggestions?

sounds bad, she is probably heavily involved being coach on the ILP (introduction leadr program). I guess she is on a "high", that she does not listen to any criticism for one or two years. For most people this time goes by, only people that go on staff will be heavily involved in Landmark for a longer period of time.

Unfortunately, for her, I think its terminal. I once asked her if Landmark here went the way it did in France what she would do. She told me she would hook up with other Intro Leaders and Coaches and do it underground. :roll:

Posted by: yutolia ()
Date: October 05, 2007 03:53AM

This may be hard to hear, but I'm not sure there's anything you can do. Unfortunately, in most cases addiction, the only person who can truly stop and save an addicted person is that addicted person. Believe me, I tried to save someone from Landmark. However, what we seem to forget when we are trying to save someone from something is that they too are people making their own choices, and no matter how much we wish to control what they do, they are the ones who choose to stay or leave, even though they may not be in their right mind.

Ugh, I'm rambling... hopefully that made sense!

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: October 05, 2007 04:20AM

This may be hard to hear, but I'm not sure there's anything you can do. Unfortunately, in most cases addiction, the only person who can truly stop and save an addicted person is that addicted person. Believe me, I tried to save someone from Landmark. However, what we seem to forget when we are trying to save someone from something is that they too are people making their own choices, and no matter how much we wish to control what they do, they are the ones who choose to stay or leave, even though they may not be in their right mind.

I agree, a lekkies plight is similar to that of a hard core addict. No amount of logic, concern or reasoning will release the hold of the 'drug' on their minds. [u:62b54316d7][i:62b54316d7]Choice[/i:62b54316d7][/u:62b54316d7] is seriously compromised in a lekkie, and that makes it even harder to bring them out of their addiction.

Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: October 05, 2007 04:53AM

They get addicted to the endorphin rush.

If she does come out of Landmark after wising up to what is going on be prepared for weeks or months of dealing with a person that is depressed and going through Landmark withdrawl. I'm not sure what kind of person she is but she could be a real handful to deal with or she could be very stable. You never know. Either way she will be going through withdrawal.

Date: October 05, 2007 05:10AM

Thanks for all the replies. This is just completely horrific, someone I Love is caught in a web of lies and deceit and I am pretty much powerless to help her. I am going to back off for a while and then I think confront her in some way, but with what? Web site links? Find a reformed Junkie to go and talk to her in person, What?

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: October 05, 2007 05:42AM

Blue Pill

Any suggestions?

If she's going to do that, you have to now just take care of yourself. That's just the way it is. Would you rather one victim or two?

That's really what it boils down to, especially if she said she'd go underground if needed.

The best you can do is avoid getting dragged down with her.

I just saw a pic of my ex, a recent one. She looks horrible. Gaunt in the face, tired, kind of sickly...with a glazed look in her eyes.

In March, she was absoluely stunning.

Now she has the look of a cocaine or methamphetamine user.

Even when she was sick, she never looked that bad...and in her mind, she's doing so well in life, the recent pic she posted is likely her proof that she's "happy."

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: October 05, 2007 03:57PM

Blue Pill
Thanks for all the replies. This is just completely horrific, someone I Love is caught in a web of lies and deceit and I am pretty much powerless to help her. I am going to back off for a while and then I think confront her in some way, but with what? Web site links? Find a reformed Junkie to go and talk to her in person, What?

Hi Blue Pill and others,
I just wonder whether the best thing to do from outside is just not to overestimate Landmark. It is really nothing but a hype about something. I know people being involved for 5 years or more, but for all of them life went on quite normally, They went to some courses or were even introduction leaders as your friend trying to convince others, but in the end there was nothing especially different with and about them, no problem in their lives really solved (even if they "have to" think so). Just make fun of their trying to convince you that it is such a great stuff. There is a study saying that most LGAT participants were not better or worse off after the courses, in the end just no effect (only a little bit waste of time and money). I am not sure but maybe it helps not to overestimate this stuff.

Date: October 05, 2007 05:11PM

MartinH
Blue Pill

Hi Blue Pill and others,
I just wonder whether the best thing to do from outside is just not to overestimate Landmark. It is really nothing but a hype about something. I know people being involved for 5 years or more, but for all of them life went on quite normally, They went to some courses or were even introduction leaders as your friend trying to convince others, but in the end there was nothing especially different with and about them, no problem in their lives really solved (even if they "have to" think so). Just make fun of their trying to convince you that it is such a great stuff. There is a study saying that most LGAT participants were not better or worse off after the courses, in the end just no effect (only a little bit waste of time and money). I am not sure but maybe it helps not to overestimate this stuff.

Martin,
Thanks for the reply and the concern. I see what you are saying and I did indeed think this in the early stages of knowing her and it would be great if what you said were true. However, I have seen first hand what this does to a person. First, she was frequently exhausted (who wouldn't be after getting 5 hours of sleep). When we were together for an evening say, calls or texts from other LM's would be almost non stop. Once we were outside a restaurant considering going in and she was on a LM call. The call carried on for a further 10 minutes - I had to go and find somewhere to sit and wait. I saw that she was basically using up most of her free time for Landmark leaving little or any for our time, friends, family or whatever. Even when we were together Landmark was there whether in thought or in deed.

This is NOT a healthy lifestyle. If Landmark were genuinely concerned about the "well being" of their assistants (that always made me laugh), they would proactively monitor the time people were giving up and set limits to allow them to "Have a life" outside Landmark. Of course in reality, Landmark couldn't care less about the well being of their freebie workforce, the agenda is to squeeze as much time (and new registrations) out of them as possible. The obvious hypocrisy of this chills me to the bone.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.