Landmarks borrowed wisdom and insights.
Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: October 02, 2007 11:21AM

One of the first things that struck me about what Landmark is teaching people is stuff that most of us already know as well as stuff that they have borrowed from someone else and repackaged it. I used to discuss this very topic with one of my Lekkie friends when I was in there.

Everytime a Landmark instructor would give the class a piece of wisdom it seemed like I had heard it from somewhere else.

I wonder how much information and knowledge Landmark has stollen from other people and then resold in their seminars and workshops?

Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: October 02, 2007 11:41AM

Zorro
One of the first things that struck me about what Landmark is teaching people is stuff that most of us already know as well as stuff that they have borrowed from someone else and repackaged it. I used to discuss this very topic with one of my Lekkie friends when I was in there.

Everytime a Landmark instructor would give the class a piece of wisdom it seemed like I had heard it from somewhere else.

I wonder how much information and knowledge Landmark has stollen from other people and then resold in their seminars and workshops?

Read OUTRAGEOUS BETRAYAL, by legal journalist Steven Pressman, and you will find out just how deep the rabbit hole goes ...

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: October 05, 2007 07:30PM

Zorro

I wonder why so many very well trained and intelligent people fall for this nonsense. What you dont't know that you don't know ... and all these deep insights :twisted: Transformation in three days ... well, Landmark knows everything and solves everything the world's hunger, war and so on ...

Date: October 05, 2007 08:01PM

what is so sad, that since I was in Landmark, I am suspicious about everything and don't believe in anything. I am not even sure about the church ...

Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: October 05, 2007 08:43PM

MartinH,

I feel similar with regards to being suspicious about most everything. I really got that way after I had trusted a persons training recomendations and advice after leaving Landmark only to discover that he too was indirectly linked to a former founder of EST which is now Landmark.

I'm trying to figure out where to draw the line and keep from being overly suspicious of everything. Because I can see that if I keep it up it will start afecting my progress and daily life.

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: October 06, 2007 04:39AM

I still am very suspicious, and since the person who referred me was a medical professional, it was years before I went back to a doctor. I post on another board, unrelated to cults, and when people write that they are going to try some LGAT or just bought The Secret and other stuff like that, I try to give enough information to warn them. I used to go nutso trying to explain what was wrong with these entities but came off looking like the crazy one.

The therapist I went to after this medical person and Landmark didn't think there was anything really wrong with Landmark. She thought that people with OCD might have a psychological crash, but that LF was "based on cognitive behavioral therapy". I was stunned when she said this and didn't go back.

I don't trust anything either, don't want to be involved with religious groups, stay clear of alternative health people and anyone who wants to talk spirituality.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: October 06, 2007 06:04AM

Hey folks, it's fine to feel sorrow and mistrust. We have to get burnt, cut and spat upon occassionally to learn about personal boundaries. As a species we're very sensitive on so many levels. A kind of sensitivity that will either turn us to stone or mush.

But I think it's about pushing forward. I mean, is there another option? Yeah, cry and scream and hurt, but there'll always be time to catch your breath. To stand, again. Trust, again. But the trust you bestow will be of a higher quality. Yeah, it may be broken again, but you just gotta keep moving. Yeah, cry and yell and bleed a little ...

Believe in yourself every chance you get. I don't think there's an alternative. The strengths you have build community - not the other way around (except in certain circumstances). Be a pillar first and then find your church, club, community.

Time to 'level up' folks! I know you can. 8)

Date: October 06, 2007 03:38PM

Hope
I
The therapist I went to after this medical person and Landmark didn't think there was anything really wrong with Landmark. She thought that people with OCD might have a psychological crash, but that LF was "based on cognitive behavioral therapy". I was stunned when she said this and didn't go back.

I don't trust anything either, don't want to be involved with religious groups, stay clear of alternative health people and anyone who wants to talk spirituality.

I thought, the more people publish their individual experience with Landmark and how they felt after encounters with particular Landmark techiques or Landmark staff members and their inhumanity, lack of empathy, ignorance, even cruelty ... the clearer for the public that Landmark is not just CBT, or a self-help course
for me particularly cynical is the Landmark statement: well 90% are happy with the courses, some people experience symptoms such as ...

My opinion is that people have this symptoms because Landmark leaders are not trained psychotherapists ... and cross boundaries with their lack of knowledge and ignorance, the others that are happy just did not get to that point where they were treated like shit.

Date: October 06, 2007 03:52PM

Jack Oskar Larm
Believe in yourself every chance you get. I don't think there's an alternative.
Time to 'level up' folks! I know you can.

.. sure, Jack. Thanks!

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: October 06, 2007 05:28PM

Be a pillar first and then find your church, club, community.

That's the hard part though, if we could be pillars first, we wouldn't [i:1ca28d5d5e]need[/i:1ca28d5d5e] anyone else. The truth is, we become pillars on the strength and nurture of other people, that's just how we're made, no one stands alone and remains strong.
The greatest betrayal to that [i:1ca28d5d5e]need[/i:1ca28d5d5e] comes in the form of bottom feeding scum like landmark education that exploits and devastates a persons soul from out of that sacred place. That place of need is what keeps us vulnerable enough to give and take in relationships and it may very well be the last thin connection we have left to the innocence that embodied us when we were still very young. Not many people can say they were free to grow and learn in all of childhood, out of an undisturbed or nondevastated innocence, because unfortunately, this world is overrun by monsters who will obliterate that birthright the first chance they get, and how much more devastating it is when, in adulthood, an evil like an LGAT annihilates a person who has already spent so much of life trying to maintain what little trust is left over from the innocence of childhood.
Its as though every person dreams of being a pillar in some way for some cause, but that dream becomes almost mythical after an encounter with a cult.
I believe we were all destined to grow into pillars of some sort or another, but I never figured on LGAT parasites invading and devouring the inner core of a pillar, just to watch it fall.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.