Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
My nightmare relationship with a Landmark Junkie
Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: October 02, 2007 11:13AM

Blue Pill,

Similar thing happened to me as well. But only this person was a friend. After I met her she always seemed to be doing Landmark stuff. But since she honestly wanted to help me succeed she did come around enough to keep me interested and I eventually enrolled in Landmark....Funny thing is once I got into Landmark I rarely saw her much. She was always doing something Landmark related. It would takes weeks to even have a short time to sit down and catch up on what was going on in our lives......

Then ironically I myself fell into the same trap. What little time I had I was devoting to Landmark Seminars and I eventually stopped hanging out with my pre Landmark friends. I only hung out with Lekkies.

Now that I've left the Landmark Hive I have very few friends. I make it a point to avoid the Lekkies I knew and I don't really have any friends left from my pre Landmark days. But the few friends I do have are really good ones I can trust!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Blue Pill ()
Date: October 03, 2007 04:11AM

Zorro
Blue Pill,

Similar thing happened to me as well. But only this person was a friend. After I met her she always seemed to be doing Landmark stuff. But since she honestly wanted to help me succeed she did come around enough to keep me interested and I eventually enrolled in Landmark....Funny thing is once I got into Landmark I rarely saw her much. She was always doing something Landmark related. It would takes weeks to even have a short time to sit down and catch up on what was going on in our lives......

Then ironically I myself fell into the same trap. What little time I had I was devoting to Landmark Seminars and I eventually stopped hanging out with my pre Landmark friends. I only hung out with Lekkies.

Now that I've left the Landmark Hive I have very few friends. I make it a point to avoid the Lekkies I knew and I don't really have any friends left from my pre Landmark days. But the few friends I do have are really good ones I can trust!

Did you ever make a point of discussing with her the irony of the situation?

Landmark says : "Go forth into the world and have an amazing life with your nearest and dearest"

What Landmark does : Creates a system which traps the vulnerable into being DEPENDANT (like a drug in many respects) on more and more of the preaching to the point that they don't have much, if any time for their nearest and dearest. Friends react, tell them they hardly ever see them, resulting in more "coaching" being sought from the mothership as to why said friends "just don't get it"

I was told "You don't understand, I want to have an amazing life in all aspects of it"

Yer great. An amazing 30 minutes or so here and there when it can get squeezed in among coaching sessions, seminars, classrooms, coaching calls, statistic gathering and on and on and on.

The whole thing would be funny if it wasn't so tragic to those affected.

Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: October 03, 2007 06:11AM

Blue Pill

Nope. I did let her know that I was leaving Landmark and why and told her that it wasn't good. She's in way too deep. She has recently completed her ILP and is on to the next set of Landmark training.

When I talk to her I don't discuss Landmark. She will bring up what she's doing but I blow it off. I know that's being assanine but if she's going to talk to me were talking on my terms, not Landmarks!

It's saddening to talk with her because it seems like she's lost now, it's weird. But then again talking to anyone in Landmark is weird to begin with.

Posted by: Blue Pill ()
Date: October 03, 2007 06:48AM

Zorro
Blue Pill

Nope. I did let her know that I was leaving Landmark and why and told her that it wasn't good. She's in way too deep. She has recently completed her ILP and is on to the next set of Landmark training.

When I talk to her I don't discuss Landmark. She will bring up what she's doing but I blow it off. I know that's being assanine but if she's going to talk to me were talking on my terms, not Landmarks!

It's saddening to talk with her because it seems like she's lost now, it's weird. But then again talking to anyone in Landmark is weird to begin with.

With all due respect (and not knowing the details), that sounds like a road to nowhere. You either have to decide that you can put aside your concerns and be at peace with it all, listen lovingly to all her exploits or instead cut loose from it. The middle ground you are choosing just won't work long term - resentment from both sides will build up - I know I have been there.

I have heard it said on this and many sites, that its almost impossible for a Landmark dependent to have any stable relationship with a non junkie (or simply one thats dipped their toe in the forum say). They live in different universes with different laws in every aspect of they way they see life and others - just not possible. And THAT is why I hate them (Landmark), they are ultimately devisive to human relationships whilst maintaining that their goal is love and peace. Gits. :roll:

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.