Current Page: 3 of 15
PSI Seminars: What happend at PSI 7
Posted by: smartypants ()
Date: December 01, 2004 12:09PM

Now we're rounding the corner to legal action. Again, I was bombarded with e-mails at work and home from these PSI people. At the advice and with the help from an attorney at my firm I wrote back and simply stated, no more contact via any channels. Any more contact and law enforcement will be contacted on grounds of intimidation and harassment. Hopefully my inbox will be PSI free tomorrow. I hope. This is wearing me out. It's hard not to push back as hard as I'm being pushed but I know that's exactly what they want. These people are like Jehova's Witnesses on Crack and Steriods!

Smartypants

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: PSIsurvivor ()
Date: December 01, 2004 10:36PM

Hi Smartypants,

I'm really sorry that you are having the problems you are with PSI. It is a dangerous organization to be involved with. Have you read the thread on the FACTNET message board forums titled "Is PSI Seminars dangerous?" It has some interesting information about their class called PLD. It sounds like someone who is on a PLD team is after you.

I wish there was a way to stop PSI Seminars and put them out of business, but exploiting willing adults is not illegal. Sales is not illegal.

I believe that what they do is unethical and harmful to people. The only tool we have is education. Thank you for posting about your experience. Perhaps it will help the next person to make the decision to stay away from PSI Seminars.

Survivor

Posted by: Samuel ()
Date: December 02, 2004 08:01AM

I would like to add my story about PSI. My wife of five years took the PSI basic course back in April, came home and wanted to recruit me to attend. I said no when she refused to tell me what the course was about. I find out later (in July) that she signed up for the PSI 7 in California in September. She came back from 7 with a different attitude. Three weeks later she left me, and wants a divorce. I later learned that she signed up for the 9 day class to the tune of 3500 dollars. After checking out this site I can see why people are upset. I know I am.

Date: December 05, 2004 04:42AM

:( Hi everyone, I did something today. I've been checking on the yahoo groups for PSi and found 15 listed groups. Most are member sites. I asked to become a member and 11 let me in. I than sent everyone member a message listing these sites and asked them to be become informed about PSI and other LGAT's.. The response was as expected,, most don't believe this group is setting them up to brainwash them and take their money.

And PSI survivor, thanks for being here. You version of the events of psi7 was confirmed by my wife, who as memtioned above left me three weeks after she came back from psi7

Date: December 06, 2004 03:44AM

Date: Sun Dec 5, 2004 8:23 am
Subject: Re: [PSI_Seminars] psi
Sam,

I am sorry that your experience with PSI Seminars was so awful. My husband and I had a negative experience as well. You certainly did a good job of scouting out PSI references on the web. You actually found some that I hadn't seen before.

I hope that you find healing and peace. The Rick Ross site has a lot of good references that may help you. I found that educating myself about the tactics used by PSI helped me to forgive myself and my husband for being manipulated by them. There is a lot of information about the methods of persausion and hypnosis used by PSI. The Rick Ross message board has a particualarly good post by "corboy" [board.culteducation.com] This is what they do at PSI and it is unethical and dangerous.

I had the full experience of PSI. I was recruited by friends. Both my husband and I participated in the Basic, PSI 7, and the LS programs. It almost broke up our marriage, but we managed to work things out. After everything I have experienced I have to say that PSI Seminars is a dangerous and harmful organization. I would never recommend it to anyone. I would actively discourage anyone from participating.

ladies and gentlemen, After losing my wife to this group I checked into PSI and found the listed web sites that causes me some concern. Its your life. You want to control it or would you rather have PSI control you. Check these web sites. It made me think.

Posted by: Templar ()
Date: December 20, 2004 11:50PM

Just bringing this topic back up to the top for a new member who is dealing with PSI 7.

Date: June 19, 2005 09:25AM

This letter was sent to various PSI Groups. I copied it and pasted it here. Thought it was very interesting.
"Dear PSI brothers and sisters, especially my sisters. I’m writing this letter to you all to tell you that I have had a profound experience about PSI. I don’t want to use my real name as it could lead to retribution so I’ve logged in with a different name and if someone who knows me figures out who I am I would ask that my identity be kept secret, as I’m very afraid. I started taking PSI seminars about two years ago and thought it was a very life moving experience. Shortly after taking PSI7 I came home and left my husband after a week. I had been married for ten years to a good and loving man, but at the time I thought there was more to life than what I had with him at home. I divorced him and moved in with a man I had met at the Ranch. My relationship with this man continued for almost a year when I realized he was seeing another woman, who was also taking PSI, so I left him. After confronting my boyfriend about seeing this other woman he told me he only took the seminars to meet other woman and to get laid. I left him and I continued to enroll and staff the basic and WLS, enrolled in PLD, and realized after a time I was still missing something. I spent most of my time working and earning extra money so I could pay for other PSI seminars and realized I have nothing to show for it except a failed marriage. My ex-husband continues to stay in touch with me as we have two children from our marriage and I realize this was the man I should have stayed with. I started looking into PSI a few months ago after getting some disturbing emails and found several message boards describing the tactics used by PSI to get people to break up their marriages and relationships. After reading the information I realized I made a terrible mistake with my life. I know people that came out of the Basic and used what they found to be helpful and left what wasn't. I ‘recruited’ six of my closest friends to PSI. Two told me the seminar was bullshit and because I felt threatened by their lack of understanding I didn’t see them anymore. Four went on to PSI7 and once they came back three left their husbands. I feel so ashamed that I was responsible for breaking up their marriages. One of my friends came to the same realization I did and thankfully returned to her husband. The whole thing is that PSI preys on those that cannot separate themselves from what is healthy behavior and not healthy. That is transforming the world for the better? There is something in the training that cause people to believe they are "changing" the world but really all they are doing is keeping a choice few very money happy. These people don't truly care about transforming the world because if they did, they would not allow them to overlook the needs of their families. If you are involved with PSI they have you hook line and sinker. Two years and $12,000.00 dollars I wasted. There is more to life than PSI, its life itself. The main reason I’m writing this letter to you, especially to you my sisters, is to look at these message boards. I saw my life in some of the stories I read there and I was scared and ashamed. I started to see a pattern with the tactics used by PSI to simply do one thing and that is to get our money. Google PSI and read the web sites you’ll find there and make your own decision. I’m only doing this because I learned to love all of you and know that we were all looking for something we didn’t have before, and I’ve come to understand that I still didn’t find what I was looking for and I cried because of what I gave up. My husband, my family and some of my closest friends, and know that because of the path I took I can’t go back. The righteous anger I feel lead me to an all but irresistible compulsion to act, to do the right thing, and tell you what I learned about myself and others. We can exercise free will and turn away, or stay with PSI but only at the cost of our self respect and to me that’s intolerable. God bless you all. Keri
[www.factnet.org] lace.html"

Date: June 19, 2005 09:26AM

This guy left this on several PSI groups. They now have a matchmaking section on their website.

"Check their new site www.psiconnect.com for their matchmaking section because after leaving your spouse you can hook up with another poor soul who was screwed over by PSI and possibly make a match. But I want to know what happens when the brainwashing wares off????"

Thought this was interesting......

Date: October 01, 2005 07:21AM

Anyone read "The Program" by Gregg Hurwitz? This book is fictional but reading it scared the hell out of me. Was familiar to the tactics used by PSI to recruit.

Date: November 11, 2005 09:54AM

Current Page: 3 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.