Current Page: 5 of 6
Landmark, Wachowski Brothers and The Matrix
Posted by: hossgal ()
Date: May 05, 2004 12:41PM

Good observations, Oz.

By labeling life as a game and people as a resource, it gives LE Grads the feeling that they can do anything they like to anyone for their own gain in winning their game or creating their little God like universe. When the use by date of a person, (resource) expires, cut off from that person, break from the past and move on. - what a cut throught, dog eat dog mentality. - peace in the world by 2020 via LE - I don't think so.

I'd say my "use by" date has expired. Here in the US it's called an "expiration date", but that sounds so final!

It's all so smarmy, their view of people, life, all of it. Your observations and Corboy's have really clarified how these people view their victims and each other.

Working in an LE office must be like swimming in a pool of sharks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: May 05, 2004 10:23PM

If you want to get these sleazy weasels to stop calling you, send them a letter telling them to stop calling/contacting you. Use the words CEASE and DESIST in your letter, and DATE and SIGN it.

Send the letter registered mail, with a returned receipt requested.

They will stop contacting you then.
But if anyone is foolish enough to contact you after that, call the cops for a restraining order.

Coz

Date: May 06, 2004 05:27AM

[i:b335c1a877]Originally posted by tricky [/i:b335c1a877]

We are talking about Amway here.

Thanks, Tricky, for the comments! Yep, I read through that Landmark literature (I'm being generous now!) and I feel my brain's gears slowing down as they try to grind through this verbal sludge. And of course it's on purpose they parse things the way they do. All very tiresome.:o

I'm sending a letter to the Collective. Resistance is NOT futile.

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: May 06, 2004 06:40AM

I'd say my "use by" date has expired

That is great!:D

It's better than LEC's "the soap opera has gone off the air" - in reference to everyone being drama queens.

Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: May 06, 2004 09:54AM

Hi Hossgal,

In an earlier response to this thread, (Please navigate to my earlier comments), I made mention of the USA Federal Government - "Do Not Call Me Register" from the Federal Trade Commission.

Here is the link:
[www.ftc.gov]

1. Register yourself with this db to prevent LE from calling you.

2. Write a letter to your LE Centre manager:
a) advising what you have done and clearly spell out their obligations not to contact you in any way by any means or through any LE agent. (this style of communication with LE has worked).
b) ask for your details to be scrubed from their database
c) ask for your entitled refunds to course deposits if applicable

I urge all people who are being harrassed in the USA by any cult or LGAT to register themselves on this db. Scientology, Landmark and others know they have to work within the law of the land.

It is a safe legal avenue to stop them. If enough people register - who knows, maybe an offical enquiry may be set up into their practices.

Other countries - refer to your prevailing Govt's Privacy Legislation in your letter as suggested above.

I feel it it is time to use the power of the law to protect ourselves and our loved ones from these groups.

Good luck.
Oz

Posted by: tricky ()
Date: May 06, 2004 11:13PM

Hossgal,

Yeah, the more I look at this stuff, the more I think it's great. And I do "get it" that their "models for transformation" and "distinctions" are based on "what works for change" and NOT what is true, logical, etc... but C'MON. They are teaching this crap as a seminar and handing it out to you like some kind of reference tool or something. I mean, really

* "Possibility lives in conversation. Conversations by their nature go out of existence unless managed."

Let's really look at that statement some more.
Now again, if you say

"my happiness today is a possibility" ---specific
"my happiness is a possibility" --- slightly vague. future happiness? Present?
"happiness is a possibility" --- vague. whose happiness? what kind of happiness?
"possibility" --- every context completely unspecified.

Anyone know the LE definition for "possibility"?

So, could translate:
* "Possibility lives in conversation. Conversations by their nature go out of existence unless managed."

As:
[unspecified potential possible outcome of unspecified situation]
[exists within] [communication of unspecified type between two or more unspecified parties].

[communications of unspecified type between two or more unspecified parties] [have as one of their properties] [that they cease to exist, either in the past, present or future] [unless they are] [overseen and actively guided in some unspecified way].

Date: May 07, 2004 12:48AM

OK, Oz, I'll never call you "register".:D

Couldn't resist it! I'm actually on the "do not call" list, but it probably does not protect me from persons or organizations that I have a "relationship" with. Then I have to get specific.

It's interesting, but other than the voicemail about "New Transformers", I haven't had a call from the LE Collective. Tonight will be the first seminar I'll miss, so that may trigger more calls. I'm a bit curious. I thought they LOVED me! They SAID they did, and that they CARED about my new possibilities and my EXTRAORDINARY life. :(

Oh, the violins are playing....!

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 07, 2004 03:42AM

Tricky:

Please try to make a point succintly and specifically and stay on topic.

Going on about Landmark's rhetoric seems pretty pointless.

The purpose of discussion here is not rhetoric, but a helpful exchange of information and personal opinion.

Please try to follow through on a thread, withou posting riddles or intellectually running in circles.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: May 07, 2004 11:17AM

(quote)

Look for words and images that stimulate you to

• remember personal experiences

• generates strong emotional responses

• create confusion*

• seem illogical.*

The purpose of such words or images is *to overload you either intellectually or to emotionally tire you* in such a way that you 'escape' to a fantasy or dream, that is, a trance. (unquote)

A lot of people here have been through LGATs that reportedly do this. As result, many have reported that they have problems concentrating and trance out easily when they encounter similar material.

As a courtesy to those seeking to recover from trance abuse it is important to follow Rick's instructions, when writing posts.

Advice to new members: feel free to ignore any posts that make you feel mentally numb or cause you to feel spaced out or tranced out.

Such material will *not* assist your recovery, and may actually hinder it.

Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: May 07, 2004 01:16PM

Corboy - I often find myself spaced out for a few seconds when I come accross the material you are mentioning and I did not participate in Landmark, but another LGAT that is now out of business some 12 years ago. Ialso trance out often when encountered with a stressful situation. Its all because of the LGAT. They all work in a similar way.

Hossgal - good to see some humour re: "register". One of the symptoms of LE mindcontrol is a loss of humour - you've still got yours - great :D I'm interested that you experienced the high or euphoric state yet you reject the philosophy from an intellectual standpoint. The philosophy of LE enters a person firstly through modified behaviour changes and the crafty use of emotion. The "Got It" moment is when the intelect or thoughts catch up with the new behaviour and emotions so all three are in sync. People who leave LE (after a much heavier dose than you have had), may come to the realisation that intelectually things just don't hold together. However, even knowing that the philosophy is misguided, it takes a much longer time for them to change their behaviours back to pre LE times. A classic is the learned behaviour of aggressiveness towards others which was formally backed up by not having any fear, (Saturday Night exercise) and believing that people are a resource to be used as they are a function of thier reality. Those irrational beliefs may have gone but the behaviour is still resident. I am not pointing this at you. I have noticed that your style of writing is not typical of an LE Grad. It posseses logic and kindness.

Oz

Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.